Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dio News

Go down 
+28
MetalFRO
Thrasher73
Leatherface
Metal Misfit
Schbopo
mr.electric39
Orion Crystal Ice
nevermore
Hate Forest
Required Fields
mez
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
kmorg
Fat Freddy
exact33
DallasBlack
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
BillRoxx
Lurideath
Gilbert
metalken
akeldama
Metallic Blaze
ultmetal
manny
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Dio News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 1:38 pm

That sounds positive. Hoping for a full recovery.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Dio News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 2:00 pm

Not to be Debbie Downer here, but is stomach cancer something that can be cured or does it just go into remission with treatment to slow down the inevitible? It's been my understanding that stomach cancer is pretty devestating when compared to other forms of the disease.

Can someone tell me otherwise?

Dio News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 2:03 pm

No cancer can be cured. To my knowledge it can only be cut out or nuked (chemo) into remission...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Dio News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 2:06 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
No cancer can be cured. To my knowledge it can only be cut out or nuked (chemo) into remission...

Right, that's what I meant. It can be cut out or zapped and someone can live "cancer free" for the rest of their lives. But can stomach cancer be cut out or nuked to the point of complete disappearance?

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Dio News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 2:19 pm

I dont think it can. I think remission, like shawn said, is the best case scenario. I hope it doesnt spread because some forms of cancer are very aggressive.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Dio News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 10:47 am

I hate waiting
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Dio News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 6:47 pm

Legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (Dio, Heaven & Hell, Black Sabbath, Rainbow) was diagnosed with the early stages of stomach cancer and is currently receiving treatment at the Mayo Clinic. His wife/manager Wendy Dio has issued the following update on Ronnie's condition:
"After a few hiccups between Christmas and New Year's, such as a blood clot, a trip to the emergency room, and a three-day stay at the hospital, we had a quiet holiday spent with family and close friends.
Ronnie and I just returned from Houston, where Ronnie had his third chemo treatment, and all seems to be going well.
Ronnie and Simon Wright [Dio/ex-AC/DC drummer] went to see 'Avatar,' which [Ronnie] thought was amazing! He has also been writing more chapters for his book.
While at M.D. Anderson Cancer Centre on his second trip, [Ronnie] met a Dio fan named Carmen who has been having treatment every other day for a year, and is eagerly awaiting a bone marrow transplant. Ronnie and Carmen have become fast friends.
Carmen is a very positive happy person whose existence, like Ronnie's, depends heavily on music and sports.
On the third trip, we also met his mom and sister, whose total support is so important to all cancer patients. They have become part of our family as well.
The support we get from all of our friends and fans is such a blessing to Ronnie and I.
Ronnie, [along with fellow Heaven & Hell members] Geezer [Butler], Tony [Iommi] and Vinny [Appice] will be doing some interviews in the upcoming weeks to be included in the new 30th anniversary Black Sabbath 'Heaven And Hell' DVD, due out sometime this year.
We would like to thank Simon Wright, who has been such a help with everything and a good, good friend, of course our doctor at MD Anderson, Dr. Ajani, and especially our family doctor, Dr. Sandeep Kapoor, without whose quick diagnosis and help with all the nurses and hospitals, we would be lost. His care and compassion is unwavering.
Thanks again to all of Ronnie's friends and fans, and — by the way — Ronnie has not lost any hair yet!"
According to a posting on the Black Sabbath fan site Black-Sabbath.com, fans can send get-well cards to Ronnie James Dio through the official fan club address:
Dio Fan Club
12400 Ventura Boulevard, Suite 624
Studio City, CA
Back to top Go down
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

Dio News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 4:31 pm

Not to sound cliche but God is still in the healing business and I believe that Ronnie is going to pull through this. Faith moves the hand of God, not fear. Thanks to all of you here that have been praying and will continue to pray for Ronnie's healing.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

Dio News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 8:07 pm

Here's hoping and praying for a full recovery. I lost my father to lung cancer and ever since that horrible day 22 years ago,news of anyone being diagnosed with it makes me a little ill knowing what the person and their family are about to go through (recovery or not).
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Dio News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:01 pm

Thats great about meeting some new friends. Having a reason to fight and put up with the suffering is crucial! He has a long road to go but seems he is being positive about dealing with the cancer.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Dio News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:54 am

Wendy Dio, Ronnie James Dio’s wife/manager, has just released a new update on the legendary vocalist’s ongoing battle against stomach cancer. With regard to Dio perfoming at Heaven And Hell’s scheduled shows this summer, Wendy says: “I think he is going to make it.”
“Since my last update, we have been back and forth to Houston three times for tests and chemo treatments, an emergency run to St. Joseph’s for another blood clot, an ultrasound and another cat scan. We met with Dr. Ajani, Ronnie’s oncologist, on Monday, and he was very pleased with the treatment so far. Some tumours have gone and some have shrunk. He says we have a long road to travel, but we are on the right path.
“Going back and forth to Houston is getting old, with all the cancelled and delayed flights and some of the rude Continental staff, the same boring food at the hotel (I think we have eaten everything on their horrible menu!), but… when we get a good report from the doctor, it is all worth it.
“The only food Ronnie says he can taste is Indian curry; everything tastes like metal (HEAVY metal?) because of the chemo. We did, however, have a nice breakfast with Carmen (a Dio fan Ronnie met at M.D. Anderson Cancer Centre on his second trip) and his mother on Friday. He is still waiting for his bone marrow transplant.
“I am so sorry if I have upset any of our friends for not returning calls or emails, but please understand that it is so draining for me to go over and over to everyone about Ronnie’s progress. This is why I thought that if I wrote an update once a month, everyone can know of Ronnie’s progress at the same time.
“The fan club just delivered a huge sack of mail, and we have been reading all the wonderful cards and letters you have all sent.
“Thank you all so much — it keeps our spirits up knowing you all love Ronnie so much and wish him well.
“Ronnie and I have a great support system: Simon (Wright), who does so much; Geezer and Gloria Butler (she has been my strength; every day she listens to me, whether I am happy or not); Sheila and Jacqui, friends for 25 years who would go anywhere or do anything for Ronnie or I; Mike Carden, a cancer survivor who is always available to talk to; Rudy (Sarzo), Vinny (Appice), Doug (Aldrich), Scott (Warren), Big Scott, Lois and Wyn; my colleagues at work — Marchele, Lynne, Carmen, Anthony and Diana; Dr. Mena, Dr. Chu and our wonderful Dr. Kapoor, who is available 24/7 for us and spent his whole Sunday day off with us at the emergency room; and, of course Dr. Ajani, who mixes his magic cocktail of chemo and gives us hope.
“Ronnie takes a walk every day in the park and keeps busy with his music and watching sports. He was really mad that he missed the Super Bowl because we had to fly back to Houston on that Sunday, as his chemo started at 8:00 a.m. on Monday. He is in real good spirits and will be going to the studio next week to listen to the mix of the Heaven & Hell DVD that will be released later this year. He is itching to get back on tour, and with the good reports and all of your prayers and good energy, I think he is going to make it.”
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

Dio News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 3:38 pm

Quote :
“Going back and forth to Houston is getting old, with all the cancelled and delayed flights and some of the rude Continental staff, the same boring food at the hotel (I think we have eaten everything on their horrible menu!)

Why the hell are they eating at the hotel so often? They need to grab some food from the numerous excellent restaurants they've got down there Smile

Glad to hear his recovery is going okay, though!
Back to top Go down
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

Dio News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 3:57 pm

As a denizen of the great city of Houston I can attest to the fact there are some great places to get your fill of whatever food your heart desires. Glad to hear Ronnie is doing so well. An answered prayer indeed...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Dio News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 4:00 pm

Good to hear he is doing well. I don't wish cancer on my worst enemy. CANCER SUCKS!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Dio News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 4:02 pm

They mentioned Dio's health woes on the season premiere of "That Metal Show" over the weekend. Eddie sez he had spoken to Wendy Dio just before they went on the air (cuz he has to name drop all the famous people he knows of course, haha) and Wendy said Heaven & Hell has confirmed appearances at a couple of the European festivals this Summer. That sounds like a pretty major vote of confidence that Ronnie is on the mend.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Dio News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:56 am

Not surprising, from Eddie 'I know Ace ' Trunk's website:

: Heaven & Hell have been forced to cancel all of their upcoming Euro festival tour dates. Many were surprised when these dates were even announced considering the battle Ronnie is going through at the moment, but it was a nice goal to shoot for. The good news is that Ronnie was singing and is progressing, but his treatments are continuing and flying to Europe and fronting a band is not exactly rest and recovery which he still needs. When I saw Ronnie a few weeks ago in LA at the Golden Gods he looked well, but was clearly a bit weak from all the chemo. I was very doubtful at that time these dates would happen. Selfishly as a huge fan of H&H/Dio/Sabbath I was hoping these shows would come off. Not only to see an amazing classic metal band, but because it meant my great friend was well. The good news is that Ronnie is on the road to recovery, it's just that he needs this extra time to be 100%, and if you know Dio he will have it no other way. Continue to keep this legend and great person in your thoughts and prayers until we have him back where we need him, on stage and feeling great. You can see a just posted interview I did with Don & Jim in LA with RJD from the Golden Gods here: http://blog.vh1.com/
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Dio News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:16 am

Quote :
Sat May 01, 2010 8:05 am

Well, now it has been Ronnie’s 7th chemo, another cat scan and another endoscopy, and the results are good – the main tumor has shrunk considerably, and our visits to Houston are now every three weeks instead of every two weeks.

The King
exact33

Dio News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:44 pm

thats great he is beating the cancer.

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Dio News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:23 pm

exact33 wrote:
thats great he is beating the cancer.

Dio News - Page 4 604261 awesome news!!!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Dio News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:36 pm

Legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW), who was diagnosed with stomach cancer last November, has released the following statement:

"I would like to voice my great disappointment on the cancellation of the HEAVEN & HELL summer tour. Wendy [Ronnie's wife/manager], my doctors and I have worked so hard to make it happen for all of you, the ones we care so much about, that this setback could be devastating, but we will not let it be. With your continued love and support, we will carry on and thrive. There will be other tours, more music, more life and much more magic."

In other Dio news, a video clip of Ronnie being interviewed at the Revolver Golden Gods Awards on April 8 at Club Nokia in Los Angeles by "VH1 Classic "That Metal Show" co-host Eddie Trunk can be viewed below.

When asked about how he he been feeling since he was diagnosed with stomach cancer late last year, Dio recently told the Artisan News Service, "Well, I feel good and bad at times. It's a long process. Chemotherapy is a... I never realized what a difficult thing it was to go through. It's a real cumulative effect — the more you have, the more it piles up on top and it takes longer and longer to get over it. I find it very difficult to eat. I don't like to eat anyway, so I guess that's OK. But I know I have to. But this makes it very, very hard. But if you're determined to beat it. then you have to go with what you believe is going to beat it for you, and in this case it's that. I go to a great hospital in Houston called M.D. Anderson, which I think is the best hospital in the world, I have the best doctor in the world, Dr. Ajani, who I really trust and I really believe in, so I think I've done all the right things. It makes me feel positive about my life and positive that there is a lot more of it to live."
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Dio News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:19 am

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Dio News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:35 am

Dio News - Page 4 11840
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

Dio News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:23 am

Saw this news about his cancer posted on another board, too...

It's awesome that he's a fighter against it! Being positive and expecting to win is most of the battle. Dio looks to be that type of person. Right on!

Cancer does indeed suck. It's evil, brutal, and corrupt.

Here's to hoping Ronnie James Dio will be healed from the junk!

Dio
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Dio News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:55 pm

metalheaded wrote:
Being positive and expecting to win is most of the battle.

That is very true. Most people don't understand the power of positive thinking. But those who do, rule in this life.

I never did want to be some broke, defeated person. So I stopped thinking that way. Things changed for me too.

Good posting Metalheaded!

Dio News - Page 4 778825 Dio News - Page 4 778825
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dio News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dio News
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4