Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dio News

Go down 
+28
MetalFRO
Thrasher73
Leatherface
Metal Misfit
Schbopo
mr.electric39
Orion Crystal Ice
nevermore
Hate Forest
Required Fields
mez
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
kmorg
Fat Freddy
exact33
DallasBlack
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
BillRoxx
Lurideath
Gilbert
metalken
akeldama
Metallic Blaze
ultmetal
manny
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Dio News Empty
PostSubject: Dio News   Dio News Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 2:10 pm

Talking exclusively to Classic Rock, Ronnie James Dio revealed that they’ll be playing a new song on tour.
“It’s called Electra, which will be released as a limited-edition single, although I’m not sure as yet just how we intend to put it out.
“However, it was important to me that Dio didn’t just come over on the back of the old material, but that we had something fresh to offer.”
Live, the band – also featuring guitarist Doug Aldrich, bassist Rudy Sarzo, drummer Simon Wright and keyboard player Scott Warren – will be concentrating on their own back catalogue this time around, with nothing at all included from Black Sabbath.
“We’ll probably do a coupe of things from Rainbow, but there’s no point in doing anything by Sabbath. I’ve been doing that with Heaven & Hell. There are a lot of people out there who are fans of Dio the band, rather than of me as the former singer with Rainbow and Black Sabbath, and for them we’ll do some material we’ve not done for a long time from the Dio era.”
The band are also planning a new album – or rather two. The aim is to record these simultaneously next year.
“I want to finish the story started with the Magica album [released in 2000]. There are two parts left, and we’ll do those together. At moment, though, I’m not sure when we’ll be recording. Part of the reason for this is that there’s more happening with Heaven & Hell.”
On the H&H front, Classic Rock can reveal that Dio and his bandmates – guitarist Tony Iommi, bassist Geezer Butler and drummer Vinny Appice – will be touring the UK early next year.
“I’ve heard we’ll be over in February, and knowing the way things work with this band we’ll probably do a lot more touring on the back of that. Not that I’m complaining. Working with these guys again has just been so much fun, and very rewarding. There are no egos getting in the way now. We’ve all grown up a lot.
“I’m delighted with the reaction to our album [The Devil You Know]. We knew it was good, but everyone has been so positive about it – that’s just so gratifying. The challenge now is to better it, and also to do something a little different.”
As if all this wasn’t enough to keep the celebrated vocalist busy, Ronnie Dio’s still working on his autobiography ["It's on the back burner right now, because of everything else that's going on"], plus there’s the real prospect of an Elf reunion.
“I’ve been talking to my cousin ‘Rock’ [guitarist David 'Rock' Feinstein] about getting that band back together, and it’s certainly on the cards. But, as usual, it’s dependent on schedules coinciding.”
Elf were the band with whom Dio sung prior to joining Rainbow. They released three studio albums, and Ronnie’s ambition is to re-record some of those songs.
“I’d only want to do an Elf tour if we could come up with a new album. That would include reworkings of some of the older songs, which I don’t think we ever did justice in the studio, plus also a few new tracks.”
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Dio News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 2:22 pm

YES! Dio back on tour! I've seen H&H several times, but I want to see DIO again.

Elf would be cool too. I'd love to meet David 'Rock' Feinstein, I'm a big The Rods fan.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Dio News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 4:55 pm

I'm a Dio NUT! Love him in Heaven and Hell and in the band Dio! Though, I prefer Dio to Heaven and Hell, so I am stoked about getting two new albums simultaneously!!! YAY!!!
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Dio News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 6:13 pm

I'll take some new Dio & Elf for sure!
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

Dio News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 11:32 pm

Wow, that is some pretty awesome news. I am a bit embarrassed, but I do not think that I have listened to any of his 2000 plus material. Last I heard was maybe Magica...
Back to top Go down

Dio News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 11:54 pm

Great news, both solo Dio....and Ronnie talking about H&H needing to top things on the next album! Dio News 11840

Dio News 170371
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

Dio News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 4:23 am

Dio, the best vocalist of all time Dio News 170371
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

Dio News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 12:51 pm

What happened to Craig Goldy?
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Dio News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 1:33 pm

I too am really looking forward to some solo Dio!

Saw H&H every time they came through!

Love to see Elf too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Dio News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 2:17 pm

Saw Dio a few years back with Maiden and Motorhead. Got a free ticket for giving blood. Good show.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Dio News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 4:30 pm

Lurideath wrote:
What happened to Craig Goldy?

I read somewhere that Craig is currently busy with another project. Doug is just filling in for Craig. This tour of Europe was only a go, when Tony Iommi needed surgery on his hand, which interrupted plans involving Heaven & Hell and their tour schedule. Ronnie likes to stay active, so rest is never an option, even at his age!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Dio News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 5:19 pm

Having every studio album from Dio (save Angry Machines), I am most definatly looking forward to this. I just hope they're better than the last two. While Killing The Dragon and Master Of The Moon weren't terrible albums, they just weren't up to snuff with what I expect from Dio. If possible I would like to see Dio live again (I saw him in '98 withe Maiden but I don't remember much from it-too far from the stage).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Dio News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 6:34 pm

nice! You can never have too much Dio!

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Dio News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:30 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Having every studio album from Dio (save Angry Machines), I am most definatly looking forward to this. I just hope they're better than the last two. While Killing The Dragon and Master Of The Moon weren't terrible albums, they just weren't up to snuff with what I expect from Dio. If possible I would like to see Dio live again (I saw him in '98 withe Maiden but I don't remember much from it-too far from the stage).

Really? I thought "Master of the Moon" was a fantastic album! I'd put it in my top 5 Dio albums.

What was it about it that you felt was not quite 'up to snuff'? Just curious. I thought the musicianship and production both were top notch. Just what I expect from a Dio album.

The only two Dio albums I was ever disappointed with were "Strange Highways" and "Angry Machines". But the rest are pure gold to me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

Dio News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:31 pm

I thought KILLING THE DRAGON was excellent. MASTER OF THE MOON started off strong with the opening track ("One For The Road") but then kinda peters out as the album goes on.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Dio News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I thought KILLING THE DRAGON was excellent. MASTER OF THE MOON started off strong with the opening track ("One For The Road") but then kinda peters out as the album goes on.

It's been a loong time since I've heard it. I need to revisit it soon.
Back to top Go down

Dio News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Ding ding ding! Exactly correct!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Dio News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 2:31 pm

Bump did not want to start a new thread hopefully it is nothing serious:

Dio have cancelled their entire UK tour.
According to Ronnie James Dio’s wife and manager, Wendy, the singer – who is 67 years old – has been hospitalised.
Wendy did not go into further details.
However, the dates are not being rescheduled, and ticket holders should return to the point of purchase and get refunds.
The Dio tour was due to begin in three days’ time, at Glasgow 02 Academy on November 21th, and finish at Bristol Academy on the 29th.
As soon as Classic Rock gets word on Dio’s condition we’ll let you know
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Dio News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 2:41 pm

Wow, wonder how that effects the schedulked Norway gig.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Dio News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:07 pm

Oh wow. This is bad news. I hope Ronnie is okay.

He is getting older now, and he just did a major tour with Heaven and Hell ... so perhaps he needs a little break. He should probably slow down a bit in his older age.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Dio News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:08 pm

God can't die! =(
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Dio News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:29 pm

Ronnie James Dio is 67 and has toured non stop for close to two years with BLACK SABBATH and in between tours managed to co wrote and record and album, then no sooner then the Sabbath tour ends he goes on tour with Dio, I am sure he just needs a rest.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Dio News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:51 pm

Dio News 170371 "Get well, you magical elf!!" Dio News 170371

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Dio News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 4:29 pm

manny wrote:
Ronnie James Dio is 67 and has toured non stop for close to two years with BLACK SABBATH and in between tours managed to co wrote and record and album, then no sooner then the Sabbath tour ends he goes on tour with Dio, I am sure he just needs a rest.

Nah - since we know Dio is a satan worshipper and bacl sabbath/heaven and hell are just touring to promote satan and having altar calls for people to dedicate their lives to the devil during their shows, he was hurt by a demon during a satanic ritual for Tony I to continue to get special powers so he can continue to be the baddest a$$ riff master in the world.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

Dio News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 4:39 pm

Well it doesnt sound well, it doesnt say anything like sick as in a flu or anything, this could be something much worse, such as heart, stroke, or something that if he survives may take a long time to rehabilitate.

I am sorry to sound like a Debbie Downer, but it doesnt sound good. I hope I am wrong, but like it or not the dude needs some prayer, if that is your thing, even though I am sure he would refuse any himself LOL!

Hope you get better soon Ronnie, get back there and finish Magica and make another H&H album before you call it a day! Not that I am selfish here or anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dio News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dio News
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next