Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dio News

Go down 
+28
MetalFRO
Thrasher73
Leatherface
Metal Misfit
Schbopo
mr.electric39
Orion Crystal Ice
nevermore
Hate Forest
Required Fields
mez
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
kmorg
Fat Freddy
exact33
DallasBlack
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
BillRoxx
Lurideath
Gilbert
metalken
akeldama
Metallic Blaze
ultmetal
manny
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Dio News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 6:12 pm

This is very sad news indeed. Wendy Dio didn't say what stage of stomach cancer, but I'm relieved to hear that is an early stage of this dreaded disease. Anything past stage 1B is not good.

Stage 0:
89%
Stage IA: 78%
Stage IB: 58%
Stage II:
34%
Stage
IIIA:
20%
Stage
IIIB:
8%
Stage IV:
7%

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/content/CRI_2_4_3X_How_is_stomach_cancer_staged_40.asp
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Dio News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 10:13 pm

That really sucks. John Wayne died from stomach cancer
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Dio News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 10:28 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
That really sucks. John Wayne died from stomach cancer

I cried when John Wayne died...

Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Dio News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 10:32 pm

Terrible news! Hope he makes it out okay.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Dio News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 11:39 pm

Sad Horrible news.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

Dio News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 1:55 am

I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Dio News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 10:48 am

Very upsetting news.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Hate Forest

Number of posts : 36

Dio News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 10:43 pm

Heard this yesterday. Really crappy news.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Dio News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 10:50 pm

Just heard this.Hopefully he'll pull through it o.k.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Dio News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 10:16 am

From Eddie Trunk:

11/25/09: Just hung up the phone with both Wendy Dio and Ronnie James Dio himself. Obviously the news was just released about Ronnie having stomach cancer. I was aware of this a number of days ago but did not say anything public until Ronnie's camp was ready to release the news. As I have said in the past, Ronnie has always been one of my closest friends and biggest supporters over the many years we have worked together doing various things. We have a friendship far beyond just music and he being a musician and me being a host. So I have been in a knot over this news when I was first told about it around a week ago. The results of the many tests he has had were made known yesterday, so now he knows exactly what he is dealing with and will soon find out the course of action. The GREAT news is that it did not spread and is in an early stage! I just hung up with him and he sounded great. The usual RJD, totally commited to "killing the dragon", and he will!. He is not in pain, sounded great, and was ready to do what he has to do and get back on stage and sing like only he can! It was great to have spent about 20 minutes on the phone with him and hear how positive he was and thankful for all the support from his many fans. He's already made a few changes to his diet that he said has helped him feel great and admitted his days of having a few drinks are mostl likely behind him. I will share what I can when I can, but know Ronnie is ready to fight and win, and anyone who knows the man knows he will succeed! Lets all continue to keep him in our thoughts and prayers going forward for a speedy recovery. Yes Ronnie is a great singer and icon for the music we love, but he is an even better person and I know he will beat this!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Dio News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 10:27 am

AWESOME!!!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Dio News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 4:00 pm

A few years ago, i was diagnosed with a very malicious form of cancer. It was tough. Living with cancer isn't easy. It's the kind of diseases that "only happens to others". It's hard to accept it. But there is always hope. Ronnie will come out. He's a tough dude. I pray for him.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Dio News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 5:45 pm

Gilbert, do you have cancer right now?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Dio News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 5:50 pm

It is great that Dio is getting diagnosed at an early stage.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Dio News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Gilbert I am glad you came from it from the other side and beat that b!tch of a disease.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Dio News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 6:31 am

It wasn't easy. Medically speaking, i'm healed, but i still have to undergo exams on a regular basis, such as blood tests, radios, scans...But hey, i'm still posting on this board! Dio News - Page 3 Icon_flower
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Dio News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 6:37 am

Actually it all depends on the type of cancer. Stomach cancer is tricky, even if you get diagnosed at an early stage. I'm no doctor but my fiancee is. She got upset when i told her about DIO. But deep inside, i'm sure he'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Dio News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 7:08 pm

Some cool and thought words from Rob Halford regarding Dio:

Canadian syndicated radio show "Metal7080" spoke with Judas Priest frontman Rob Halford.
When asked if he has been in contact with Ronnie James Dio since it was announced that the legendary singer was diagnosed with stomach cancer, Halford replied, "I've been in touch with Wendy [Ronnie's wife/manager]. In fact, I got an-email back from Wendy today. As I understand it, Wendy and Ronnie are traveling tomorrow to start treatment."
He added, "What can you say?! Life is precious. Ronnie has dedicated his entire life to metal. He is a world-famous metal singer and he is a dear friend of mine and I love him a lot and I'm very hopeful, because he is being treated by some of the top people. And I'm sure that he will get fit and he will get well and be back out to the metal stages of the world as soon as he possibly can. So he is in my thoughts and my prayers — not only for myself but I think for millions of his fans all around the world. He is a wonderful man. I can't wait for him to get well and be back out there singing his heart out."
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Dio News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:13 am

Heavy metal icon Ronnie James Dio , who was recently diagnosed with the early stages of stomach cancer, is currently receiving treatment at the Mayo Clinic. His wife/manager Wendy Dio has issued the following update on Ronnie's condition:
"Well, it has been a very exhausting month. After all the never-ending tests in Los Angeles, we flew to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, and as soon as we arrived, we got a call from the MD Anderson Hospital that they had an appointment for us with the doctor we originally wanted, so we then flew to Houston to the clinic, and, of course, MORE tests, but Ronnie finished receiving his first chemo treatment on Wednesday, and all is going very well.
I would like to thank Tony Martell from the T.J. Martell Foundation, Dr. Stuart Aaronson from Mount Sinai, Lindsay Brown and Mike Carden from Eagle Records, and our very own Dr. Sandeep Kapoor, for all your help in getting us into MD Anderson, and also our friends Geezer and Gloria Butler, who flew to Houston to be with Ronnie while he had his chemo.
Ronnie and I are totally overwhelmed by the amount of well wishes that we have received from friends and fans — we are reading them all. Some make us laugh, some make us cry, but all of them are so filled with love that it gives us so much support and makes Ronnie even more determined to fight this battle and win.
Thank you all for the positive energy and prayers."
According to a posting on the Black Sabbath fan site Black-Sabbath.com, fans can send get-well cards to Ronnie James Dio through the official fan club address:
Dio Fan Club
12400 Ventura Boulevard, Suite 624
Studio City, CA
Or if you would like to send an email to Ronnie, you can do so via getwellronnie@black-sabbath.com. After a short time, Black-Sabbath.com webmaster Joe Siegler will print them out and pass them over to Ronnie and Wendy Dio.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Dio News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:36 am

This seems to be good news:

Heaven & Hell have apparently been confirmed for the Nova Rock Festival in Austria, and also for Sonisphere Festival dates in Sweden, the Czech Republic and Finland.
Now, usually we wouldn’t mention these events, but this might suggest that Ronnie James Dio is responding to treatment for stomach cancer, which is good news.
Nova Rock happens from June 13-15. The Swedish Sonisphere Festival is on August 7 in Stockholm and the Finnish one is a day later in Pori. So fingers crossed Dio is well enough to make these – and other shows.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Dio News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:51 pm

Yeah, I saw that yesterday and it caught me off guard. Great news to hear though.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Dio News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:54 pm

I'm still curious to know why he went to the ER in the first place. To me, that says the cancer was farther along than reported.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

Dio News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 4:41 pm

Gilbert wrote:
It wasn't easy. Medically speaking, i'm healed, but i still have to undergo exams on a regular basis, such as blood tests, radios, scans...But hey, i'm still posting on this board! Dio News - Page 3 Icon_flower

Awesome to hear you got through it! I pray you continue to stay cancer-free Very Happy

Same for Dio - hopefully he'll come through this relatively unscathed. Dio is truly the "gentleman" of metal.
Dio News - Page 3 170371
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Dio News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 9:56 am

Metal icon Ronnie James Dio, who was recently diagnosed with the early stages of stomach cancer and is currently receiving treatment at the Mayo Clinic, has released the following statement to Blabbermouth.net:
"I'd like to take the time to thank everyone for the most wonderful gift I have ever received — your good wishes, your prayers, your support, your tears and laughter, your anger, your rejoicing, and most of all the unwavering love you have bestowed upon me. I guess I've always felt that we were one person and that you've allowed me to be our spokesman, but until this time of my greatest peril, the truth was perhaps slightly hidden. It is hidden no more. Together we shall face the foe and live on to climb higher mountains and explore greater magic. Together we cannot fail.
Please accept my never-ending love and dedication to you all.
So it is written, and so it shall be.
Magic, from Ronnie James Dio."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Dio News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:37 am

Nice to hear something from the man. Good luck to him and his road to recovery.

Dio News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dio News
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next