Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some bad news...

Go down 
+14
chewie
Gilbert
Leatherface
adrian
exact33
Lurideath
metalhead777
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Eyesore
mr.electric39
ultmetal
mc666
Required Fields
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

Some bad news... Empty
PostSubject: Some bad news...   Some bad news... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:35 pm

I didn't see any thread on this here...but this is not good...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=164299

Florida-based guitarist-turned-producer James Murphy, who is best known for his guitar work with TESTAMENT, DEATH, OBITUARY, CANCER and DISINCARNATE, has posted the following message on his Facebook page:

"Some troubling news for me in the last couple days. The bloodwork that was done recently revealed that the hormone indicator for the tumor I battled and defeated nine years ago is now 20 times higher than the low it reached as recently as one year ago. This could be indicative of a recurrence. Next step is an MRI, scheduled for the 11th of this month, to determine how much the tumor has grown. I am keeping a positive attitude about it and just moving forward."
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Some bad news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bad news...   Some bad news... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:52 pm

sounds like he'll be going through hell all over again.

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

Some bad news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bad news...   Some bad news... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:58 pm

Let's just hope he recovers, like he did the first time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Some bad news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bad news...   Some bad news... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 11:49 pm

I read that news too.

CANCER SUCKS!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Some bad news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bad news...   Some bad news... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:31 am

ultmetal wrote:
I read that news too.

CANCER SUCKS!

+1
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Some bad news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bad news...   Some bad news... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:41 am

Yep. Saw that the other day. It's rare that someone beats cancer twice. =(
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

Some bad news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bad news...   Some bad news... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:33 am

That sucks. I met James at a Testament show when he was playing with them back in '94 or so. Very cool guy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

Some bad news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bad news...   Some bad news... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:19 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Let's just hope he recovers, like he did the first time.

+ 1
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

Some bad news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bad news...   Some bad news... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 2:16 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I read that news too.

CANCER SUCKS!
Such a terrible way to live and die. I wouldn't wish that fate on any man.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

Some bad news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bad news...   Some bad news... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 2:18 pm

Read this awhile back as well. Too bad! James is a very cool guy!!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Some bad news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bad news...   Some bad news... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:28 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I read that news too.

CANCER SUCKS!

+1

+2

I hope he achieves victory again!

adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

Some bad news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bad news...   Some bad news... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:06 pm

exact33 wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I read that news too.

CANCER SUCKS!

+1

+2

+3
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18928

Some bad news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bad news...   Some bad news... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 12:35 am

I read about this a few days ago. Wish him nothing but the best. Great talent.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

Some bad news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bad news...   Some bad news... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:07 am

Good luck in beating it again! Have faith!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Some bad news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bad news...   Some bad news... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 10:44 am

adrian wrote:
exact33 wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I read that news too.

CANCER SUCKS!

+1

+2

+3

+4
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Some bad news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bad news...   Some bad news... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:48 am

chewie wrote:
adrian wrote:
exact33 wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I read that news too.

CANCER SUCKS!

+1

+2

+3

+4

+5
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

Some bad news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bad news...   Some bad news... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 8:07 pm

+6

I hope he pulls through this and it's great to see he is trying to stay positive about this. Some people might just give up all hope in a situation like this.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18928

Some bad news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bad news...   Some bad news... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 11:53 pm

Some good news! cheers
Florida-based guitarist-turned-producer James Murphy, who is best known for his guitar work with TESTAMENT, DEATH, OBITUARY, CANCER and DISINCARNATE, recently expressed concern that the tumor he "battled and defeated" nine years ago may have recurred after discovering that the hormone indicator was 20 times higher than the low it reached as recently as one year ago. He has since issued the following update on his condition:

"After meeting with my doctor yesterday, I finally have the results of my recent MRI, and the prognosis for my immediate future: the tumor only grew a little, so no surgery is needed, and radiation therapy has been, at least for the moment, ruled out. We will treat the new growth pharmacologically by increasing my dose of the hormone inhibitor I currently take, or switching to the other (better but more expensive) drug that can treat my particular condition. So I will have another MRI in Six months to see if the pharmacological treatment has worked. In the meantime, the dose they want me to take of my current prescription would leave me wiped out for most of each day... Five pills per day is just too much of that particular drug, so i hope to be able to upgrade to the better drug, of which I'd have to take far less, and thus suffer far less side-effects, and be able to function normally. The really good news is that the funds raised by my good friends Deron Miller and his wife Felissa Rose Esposito Miller has paid outright for the MRI, bloodwork, and other lab tests I've had to have in relation to this so far, and whatever else they raise from here should allow me to afford the switch to the more expensive prescription, which will in turn allow me to function normally, keep working, and not go bankrupt. I owe a huge thanks to them, as well as to all of you that have reached out, contributed, wished me well, and sent me your good vibes.... thanks to you all!"

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

Some bad news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bad news...   Some bad news... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 1:40 am

Leatherface wrote:
Some good news! cheers
Florida-based guitarist-turned-producer James Murphy, who is best known for his guitar work with TESTAMENT, DEATH, OBITUARY, CANCER and DISINCARNATE, recently expressed concern that the tumor he "battled and defeated" nine years ago may have recurred after discovering that the hormone indicator was 20 times higher than the low it reached as recently as one year ago. He has since issued the following update on his condition:

"After meeting with my doctor yesterday, I finally have the results of my recent MRI, and the prognosis for my immediate future: the tumor only grew a little, so no surgery is needed, and radiation therapy has been, at least for the moment, ruled out. We will treat the new growth pharmacologically by increasing my dose of the hormone inhibitor I currently take, or switching to the other (better but more expensive) drug that can treat my particular condition. So I will have another MRI in Six months to see if the pharmacological treatment has worked. In the meantime, the dose they want me to take of my current prescription would leave me wiped out for most of each day... Five pills per day is just too much of that particular drug, so i hope to be able to upgrade to the better drug, of which I'd have to take far less, and thus suffer far less side-effects, and be able to function normally. The really good news is that the funds raised by my good friends Deron Miller and his wife Felissa Rose Esposito Miller has paid outright for the MRI, bloodwork, and other lab tests I've had to have in relation to this so far, and whatever else they raise from here should allow me to afford the switch to the more expensive prescription, which will in turn allow me to function normally, keep working, and not go bankrupt. I owe a huge thanks to them, as well as to all of you that have reached out, contributed, wished me well, and sent me your good vibes.... thanks to you all!"

Some bad news... 25679 Some bad news... 25679 Some bad news... 25679
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

Some bad news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bad news...   Some bad news... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 2:13 am

Great news. Still, there is a tumor. He needs to treat it very seriously.

Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

Some bad news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bad news...   Some bad news... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 3:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
That sucks. I met James at a Testament show when he was playing with them back in '94 or so. Very cool guy.

+1

I had him sign my copies of "The Gahtering" and "Low" when I saw them on the tour for the former. Very mellow dude. I hope he gets through this. Kinda weird/ironic that he played in the band Cancer and is battling same once again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Sponsored content

Some bad news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bad news...   Some bad news... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some bad news...
Page 1 of 1