Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dio News

Go down 
+28
MetalFRO
Thrasher73
Leatherface
Metal Misfit
Schbopo
mr.electric39
Orion Crystal Ice
nevermore
Hate Forest
Required Fields
mez
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
kmorg
Fat Freddy
exact33
DallasBlack
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
BillRoxx
Lurideath
Gilbert
metalken
akeldama
Metallic Blaze
ultmetal
manny
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Dio News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 4:46 pm

mez wrote:
Well it doesnt sound well, it doesnt say anything like sick as in a flu or anything, this could be something much worse, such as heart, stroke, or something that if he survives may take a long time to rehabilitate.

I am sorry to sound like a Debbie Downer, but it doesnt sound good. I hope I am wrong, but like it or not the dude needs some prayer, if that is your thing, even though I am sure he would refuse any himself LOL!

Hope you get better soon Ronnie, get back there and finish Magica and make another H&H album before you call it a day! Not that I am selfish here or anything.

How many cancelled shows are we talking here? Anyone know? If it's just a couple, it's probably something minor like a cold or something. If it's allot, well then maybe it's something more serious.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Dio News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 6:33 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
What happened to Craig Goldy?

I read somewhere that Craig is currently busy with another project. Doug is just filling in for Craig. This tour of Europe was only a go, when Tony Iommi needed surgery on his hand, which interrupted plans involving Heaven & Hell and their tour schedule. Ronnie likes to stay active, so rest is never an option, even at his age!
Craig had briefly joined Hydrogyn prior to them writing/recording their third album, Deadly Passions. According to them, his demands became too much. He wanted his own tour bus, his own hotel room, etc. They simply couldn't afford him.

Would have been cool to see what he could have brought to the table, too, but they claimed his sound was dated. Funny, since they're playing a style very rooted in the 80s.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Dio News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:39 pm

I heard about him being in the hospital. I sure hope it's nothing too serious.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Hate Forest
Metal novice
Metal novice
Hate Forest

Number of posts : 36

Dio News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 5:12 am

I tried to see if I could find any updates and nothing has been said yet. Sure hope he's alright. Maybe it is just exhaustion.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Dio News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:59 am

Seriously, I hope he is OK!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Dio News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 5:39 pm

Has anyone heard anything else?

I don't cry often, but the day that Ronnie dies, I'll be in tears. I assure you.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

Dio News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 5:43 pm

[quote="Metallic Blaze"]Has anyone heard anything else?

Haven't heard any type of update,yet.
Back to top Go down
Hate Forest
Metal novice
Metal novice
Hate Forest

Number of posts : 36

Dio News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 6:16 pm

Just checked his official website and still nothing new. :/
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Dio News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 11:54 am

This is the only statement made so far from the Dio camp:

Ronnie James Dio’s wife and manager, Wendy, has thanked fans for their messages of support following the veteran singer’s recent hospitalisation.
A message on Dio’s official website reads:
‘Wendy Dio would like to thank all of our friends and fans that have sent emails, cards, and blogs on Blabbermouth and let you know that she has passed them all on to Ronnie.
‘Wendy always reads Blabbermouth and gives Ronnie all the kind words the fans send, any mean ones she throws in the trash, which is where they belong.’
There’s still no word on Ronnie’s condition, and no details about what exactly caused his hospitalisation.
There is speculation that the 67-year-old frontman is suffering from a heart condition but we must stress this has not been confirmed by anyone in the Dio camp.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

Dio News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 5:20 pm

Find a good doctor and with time he could be back to being fit as a fiddle, lets just hope it is something that can be fixed.

Man I honestly thought this dude would still be on the stage when he was 75 or 80! Hope I get that wish!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Dio News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 5:59 pm

Ronnie James Dio is one of my top 3 favorite vocalists of all time. He's a legend. I believe that after time passes he will have the status of someone like Johnny Cash or even Elvis Presley (as far as being acknowledged for his musical contributions I mean).
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Dio News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 8:24 pm

Well so far all is speculation but some of the forums on DIO sites are saying word has it he had a stroke. Lets hope whatever it is, he can bounce back in time and get back to himself. I certainly hope if nothing else that what we are hearing is hopefully all wrong and it is a kidney stone or something much less extreme.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Dio News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:52 am

mez wrote:
Well so far all is speculation but some of the forums on DIO sites are saying word has it he had a stroke. Lets hope whatever it is, he can bounce back in time and get back to himself. I certainly hope if nothing else that what we are hearing is hopefully all wrong and it is a kidney stone or something much less extreme.

wow. That would suck if he had a stroke...

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Dio News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 1:30 pm

Yeah, a stroke could make it so he could never perform again ... depending on the severity.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Dio News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 3:11 pm

Sucks. I wouldn't imagine that early stages of cancer would put someone in the emergency room. =( Might be worse than they're letting on.

Wendy Dio, the wife and manager of legendary heavy metal vocalist Ronnie James Dio (HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW), has released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"Ronnie has been diagnosed with the early stages of stomach cancer. We are starting treatment immediately at the Mayo Clinic. After he kills this dragon, Ronnie will be back on stage, where he belongs, doing what he loves best, performing for his fans.

"Long live rock and roll, long live Ronnie James Dio.

"Thanks to all the friends and fans, from all over the world that have sent well wishes. This has really helped to keep his spirit up."

DIO cancelled its European tour last week after Ronnie was taken ill.

DIO's lineup for the European tour was supposed to include WHITESNAKE/ex-DIO axeman Doug Aldrich due to the fact that the band's regular guitarist, Craig Goldy, had prior touring commitments with BUDGIE in Australia.

DIO's last release was the "Holy Diver Live" CD, featuring a performance of the classic "Holy Diver" album in its entirety, from start to finish, recorded live for the very first time in 2005 in front of a sold-out London crowd.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Dio News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 3:13 pm

Awwwwwww man, that sucks. Sad

I think I'd rather have heard that it was a stroke.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Dio News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 3:13 pm

That sucks!!!! I hope they caught it early, but he has long road ahead as far as recovery.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Dio News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 3:19 pm

Terrible news. No cancer is good, but stomach cancer is particularly rough. I had a relative that suffered from it. Good luck, Elf!!

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Dio News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 5:07 pm

Very sad news.

He will be in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Dio News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 5:21 pm

Aye, at least we now know exactly what it is. The guy needs some serious prayer, and hopefully he will come through in this. He has always seemed a stand up guy and spoke nice about everyone (cept Campbell LOL). I also read in an interview that he has never canceled a show due to being sick. He said it would have to be very serious if he did. Well looks like he stuck to his word.

I dont know the success rate for survival of stomach cancer but detecting anything early is good. My only advice to any fan is to pray for him...if that is your thing.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Dio News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 5:26 pm

I hope Dio gets well soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Dio News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 5:41 pm

Even if he cant perform I hope he gets better soon. Cancer is an ugly disease..

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Dio News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 5:48 pm

exact33 wrote:
Even if he cant perform I hope he gets better soon. Cancer is an ugly disease..

100% agree with the sentiment, and the man has fronted three classic metal bands and even if he never performs again, he has earned his place in music history.
Back to top Go down

Dio News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 6:01 pm

Totally rotten news. Prayers for him and his family.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Dio News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 6:04 pm

agh.. Sad much prayer for Dio.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dio News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio News   Dio News - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dio News
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next