Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees

Go down 
+71
Required Fields
muckie
assault_attack
MoonChild
the sentinel
Vexer6
Glower
Sword Of The Heretic
stormspell
Metal Misfit
iamrockerfun
bassman
MetallicSeminarian
bass63
ElectricEye93
Short-Fuse
Thelemech
journeyman
QuothTheRaven
Tur-Thalion
corplhicks
akeldama
Boris2008
Hadley
SpectreFate
Shawn Of Fire
chewie
nevermore
messiaen77
Orion Crystal Ice
ZombieHavoc
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
jstate
Red Kitty
Grimmo
stpatrik
Wurthless
exact33
Sutekh
ShadowAngel
Dark Horseman
The_Jayroh
James B.
MetalFRO
snooloui
Temple of Blood
JBall_Z
sheets
spiritoradio
Leatherface
mr.electric39
rattpoison
Addy
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Schbopo
mc666
Svengo
Fat Freddy
kmorg
Mglaffas81
scottmitchell74
manny
DeathCult
T-Roy
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Dave the Boss
thejokeriv
75 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 11:28 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
This popped up on my Facebook feed today, from Eddie Trunk's wall:

"Ace Frehley just confirmed exclusively on my radio show he and Peter are not being allowed to perform with Kiss at the R&R Hall by Gene and Paul. Kiss wants to perform with current lineup. No original Kiss reunion at HOF planned or being allowed at this time."

Damn. Not surprising, but harsh.

Kiss shouldn't be allowed to play then, they should just collect the award as the four who are being inducted. I don't even know who the other guys are!

You would think that a band like KISS would use bands like Van Halen, Blondie, & Guns 'n Roses as the formula on how not to handle a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Then again, you're dealing with someone like that of Gene Simmons, who will take all of those he considers his enemies to the grave with him. I live by a different code in my life, so I just don't understand holding onto the past and old gripes, but it seems like Gene enjoys this aspect of his life to a fault. The thing that is so pathetic about Gene, is that he never is wrong, it's always someone else's fault. None of this news is all that surprising..

In their minds, Gene and Paul are KISS, the rest are just minor cogs in the system. They feel Ace and Peter are no longer viable to the KISS machine and are thus personae non gratae. It's a shame really but nothing's ever going to change.

Last edited by 007 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 1:49 pm

Oh, God.

KISS RELEASE THEIR OWN STATEMENT REGARDING THE RNRHOF INDUCTION, BAND CLAIMS “WE NEVER REFUSED TO PLAY WITH ACE AND PETER”

KISS have released a statement on their official website addressing the Rock Hall induction. Here is what it states:
“To All Our Fans In Regards To The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame:
Out of respect, Ace and Peter’s recent statements demand a quick response to you, our fans.
Our intention was to celebrate the entire history of KISS and give credit to all members including long time present members Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer, and additionally Bruce Kulick and Eric Carr all who have made this band what it is, regardless of the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame’s point of view.
Although KISS has moved forward far longer without them, Ace and Peter are at the very foundation of what we have built and this would all be impossible had they not been a part of it in the beginning.
It is over 13 years since the original lineup has played together in make-up and we believe the memory of those times would not be enhanced. Contrary to claims made through the media we have never refused to play with Ace and Peter.
We have spent 40 years dedicated to building KISS without quitting or wavering as the band has moved forward with huge tours and platinum albums through different important lineups for forty years, to this day.
KISS has always been a band unlike any other. That is why we started KISS. That is why we continue KISS. Being unlike other bands also means making choices and decisions unlike other bands.
This is understandably an emotional situation where there is no way to please everyone.
To bring this to a quick end, we have decided not to play in any line-up and we will focus our attention on celebrating our induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.
We are excited and are looking forward to seeing you all on the KISS 40th Anniversary worldwide tour.”
source: kissonline.com
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 2:07 pm

Wow! Gene & Paul appear to be doing the decent thing!  affraid Shocked Shocked affraid 
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 2:12 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Oh, God.

KISS RELEASE THEIR OWN STATEMENT REGARDING THE RNRHOF INDUCTION, BAND CLAIMS “WE NEVER REFUSED TO PLAY WITH ACE AND PETER”

KISS have released a statement on their official website addressing the Rock Hall induction. Here is what it states:
“To All Our Fans In Regards To The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame:
Out of respect, Ace and Peter’s recent statements demand a quick response to you, our fans.
Our intention was to celebrate the entire history of KISS and give credit to all members including long time present members Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer, and additionally Bruce Kulick and Eric Carr all who have made this band what it is, regardless of the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame’s point of view.
Although KISS has moved forward far longer without them, Ace and Peter are at the very foundation of what we have built and this would all be impossible had they not been a part of it in the beginning.
It is over 13 years since the original lineup has played together in make-up and we believe the memory of those times would not be enhanced. Contrary to claims made through the media we have never refused to play with Ace and Peter.
We have spent 40 years dedicated to building KISS without quitting or wavering as the band has moved forward with huge tours and platinum albums through different important lineups for forty years, to this day.
KISS has always been a band unlike any other. That is why we started KISS. That is why we continue KISS. Being unlike other bands also means making choices and decisions unlike other bands.
This is understandably an emotional situation where there is no way to please everyone.
To bring this to a quick end, we have decided not to play in any line-up and we will focus our attention on celebrating our induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.
We are excited and are looking forward to seeing you all on the KISS 40th Anniversary worldwide tour.”
source: kissonline.com

There is no way to please everyone? Who out there in the rock and roll world was actually clamoring for Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer to play with Gene and Paul rather then that of Ace and Peter on this historic occasion. This is so self-serving, and obviously is coming right from the pie hole of Gene Simmons. Good, don't play, as not playing at the event is smarter than playing with two band members who aren't the reason for the band entering the hall of fame.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 3:02 pm

It really needs to be the original four there but since it won't happen I guess not playing at all is best. Since I've never cared to watch the inductions before does this mean they won't be there to accept? Will it just be Gene and Paul? Does anyone even have to be there ?

don\'t know 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 3:13 pm

I think at this point it's best to just up and get it over with. I'm glad they made it, they deserve it, but I could care less about this merry-go-round of drama.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 3:36 pm

Im sure the original four will be getting inducted just they wont be performing together. I know with Nirvana's induction I was reading that they got Dave and Krist and Courtney Love all at the same table which will be awkward given her fued with them and Dave Grohl in paticular.

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 4:18 pm

chris is right:
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/kiss-impellitteri-open-letter/
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 5:51 pm

Okay, someone is obviously lying here. Is it Ace or is it KISS?

Still, the band's decision to not perform is disappointing but it's not like the RNR HOF is all that important to me anyway. It's probably for the best that KISS sits out performing as not to cause more band/fan drama.

I wonder who (if anyone) will step up and play a few KISS classics?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 7:12 pm

As usual KISS can make headlines by announcing they will be doing nothing
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 7:18 pm

After reading how cool Yusuf Islam has been about something he probably has every right to make a fuss about (being inducted under the stage name Cat Stevens, which he hasn't used since 1979) it just makes Kiss' antics and squabbles seem even more childish.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 9:27 pm

I don't know why anyone cares. We all agree the RRHOF is full of shit, but we act like these artists should be "honored" to be there and reunite (or whatever else) "for the fans".

In the case of KISS, especially, I'd love to see them throw a big "F**K YOU" to the RRHOF and tell them to shove the nomination up their collective asses. The FANS made KISS...not critics. To DENY the HOF invitation/nomination would be in true Rock N Roll fashion and would honor their FANS.

Paul has even gone on record, AFTER it was announced they were getting inducted, saying the RRHOF is a sham and a farce...but they're doing it anyway.

Any band like KISS, who critics have always hated, who have never had any sort of critical credibility, who have been denied HOF induction for years, and who were successful because of Rock FANS, should tell the RRHOF to f**k off...period.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 10:11 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I don't know why anyone cares. We all agree the RRHOF is full of shit, but we act like these artists should be "honored" to be there and reunite (or whatever else) "for the fans".

In the case of KISS, especially, I'd love to see them throw a big "F**K YOU" to the RRHOF and tell them to shove the nomination up their collective asses. The FANS made KISS...not critics. To DENY the HOF invitation/nomination would be in true Rock N Roll fashion and would honor their FANS.

Paul has even gone on record, AFTER it was announced they were getting inducted, saying the RRHOF is a sham and a farce...but they're doing it anyway.

Any band like KISS, who critics have always hated, who have never had any sort of critical credibility, who have been denied HOF induction for years, and who were successful because of Rock FANS, should tell the RRHOF to f**k off...period.

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 25679 

I like it !
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 10:58 pm

What Shawn said - ditch the RRHOF and make ALL fans happy, or swallow your beef and play with Ace and Peter and make ALL fans happy (minus Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer's moms). Not that it really matters anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 8:39 am

I agree with Shawn, but I hate to say it if I was Gene and Paul I would never want to work with Peter and Ace ever again.

Peter's book makes all sorts of claims, hints (in a highschool type of way) that Paul Stanley maybe gay ( he is not, even if he was, who cares and not his place to out him), was a coke head who play his considerable fortune and who's so called solo career was a joke. His playing ability is even diminished further not just by age, but substance abuse he has put himself thru.

Ace Frehley is more likeable, but he was not nicknamed Space Ace for no reason. Drugged out, unrealiable at times, and another guy who blew his fortune. Dressed as a Nazi as joke, thou he knows Gene Simmons mom was a Holocaust survivor.

Nobody is taking away their contributions to the band. Nobody will even take away how their particaption in the reunion tour helped make Gene and Paul even richer, but I am sure all of us have worked with people we would never willingly work with again, and this two men are no different.

As a fan it sucks, but I do understand where Paul and Gene are coming from. I have had family and friends who suffered from substance abuse and sometimes things do or say are unforgiveable.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 8:44 am

stormspell wrote:
What Shawn said - ditch the RRHOF and make ALL fans happy, or swallow your beef and play with Ace and Peter and make ALL fans happy (minus Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer's moms). Not that it really matters anyway.

Agree - if they are going to go, get up and play a few songs with Ace and Peter..... don't even worry about putting on the make up.

My guess is that Paul and Gene have different motives for not wanting to play with Ace and Peter - the main reason being they don't want to have to pay Ace and Peter the higher rates they would charge for one last reunion tour. Tommy and Eric cost MUCH less, plus Paul and Gene have been spending the better part of the last decade trying to legitimize two guys playing the part of Ace and Peter. They have been pushing the 'KISS has always been the Gene and Paul show with two other guys" narrative and want to keep pushing it. I am sure they fear that playing with Ace and Peter will completely kill that narrative.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 8:46 am

Quote :
Tommy and Eric cost MUCH less

Mr. Burns: "Get me Steven Spielberg!"
Smithers: "We've tried, sir, but...he won't return our calls."
Mr. Burns: "Then get me his non-union Mexican equivalent!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:36 am

KISS should start the ROCK 'N' ROLL MERCHANDISING HALL OF FAME, that would be an even better fit for them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:37 am

S.D. wrote:
KISS should start the ROCK 'N' ROLL MERCHANDISING HALL OF FAME, that would be an even better fit for them.  

It already exists - it's in Gene's office in his house (visible in nearly every episode of "Gene Simmons' Family Jewels") Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 1:04 pm

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 1932132_510479835739085_1152793169_n

Metal novice
Metal novice
ElectricEye93

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 2:04 pm

This whole situation is dumb, it has nothing to do with the only thing that matters: the music.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 1:15 pm

The next batch of nominees has been announced. Gentlemen, start your b*tching...

Quote :
NEW YORK (AP) — The punk trio Green Day, poet of the New York underground Lou Reed and "Lean on Me" singer Bill Withers will lead a new class of inductees into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next year.

The hall announced Tuesday that it will also welcome Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, who famously sang about loving rock 'n' roll, and make Ringo Starr the fourth ex-Beatle enshrined as an individual. Besides Reed, the class includes other posthumous inductees Paul Butterfield and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

The 30th annual induction ceremony will be held at Cleveland, Ohio's Public Hall next April 18. Public tickets go on sale Thursday.

Green Day made it in the group's first year of eligibility. The Bay Area band led by Billie Joe Armstrong made the 1990s slackers anthem "Dookie" and hit a peak with the politically-themed concept disc "American Idiot" a decade later. Armstrong also starred in a Broadway musical based on "American Idiot."

Reed, who died in October 2013 following complications from a liver transplant, is already in the hall as a member of the Velvet Underground. He was at his best exploring the underside of his home city, in the hit "Walk on the Wild Side" and fierce crack-era album "New York."

Withers brought a jazz and funk touch to 1970s era singer-songwriter material like "Ain't No Sunshine," ''Use Me" and "Just the Two of Us." He hasn't released new music in nearly three decades.

Jett emerged from the all-female punk-era pioneers the Runaways to lead a band of men with punchy hits, none bigger than the declaration "I Love Rock 'n' Roll."

The Paul Butterfield Blues Band married blues and rock during the 1960s, led by its leader's harmonica and the lead guitar of Mike Bloomfield.

Blues guitarist Stevie Ray Vaughan was a 1980s prodigy for his work with band Double Trouble on songs like "Pride and Joy" and "Texas Flood." Like hero Jimi Hendrix his life was cut short, dying in a 1990 plane crash.

Beatles drummer Ringo Starr is being given a special award for musical excellence. He anchored the Beatles' sound and had a productive solo career, even beating his former mates to the top of the charts. He continues to record and tour with a revolving All-Starr Band. The Beatles are already in the hall, as are John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison as solo artists.

The "5'' Royales will be inducted in the early influence category. The former gospel group recorded the original version of "Dedicated to the One I Love," which became a hit later for the Shirelles and the Mamas & the Papas.

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 1:19 pm

I still don't understand why people take this silly popularity contest seriously. A waste of time and energy.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 1:20 pm

Yay for Joan Jett. "Meh, whatever" for the rest.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 1:23 pm

Green Day's inclusion seems like it came outta left field, doesn't it? Did they get included just so there would be a live band to play? Razz

Nice to see Joan get the nod though. She's earned it.

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees
Page 14 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next