Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees

Go down 
+71
Required Fields
muckie
assault_attack
MoonChild
the sentinel
Vexer6
Glower
Sword Of The Heretic
stormspell
Metal Misfit
iamrockerfun
bassman
MetallicSeminarian
bass63
ElectricEye93
Short-Fuse
Thelemech
journeyman
QuothTheRaven
Tur-Thalion
corplhicks
akeldama
Boris2008
Hadley
SpectreFate
Shawn Of Fire
chewie
nevermore
messiaen77
Orion Crystal Ice
ZombieHavoc
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
jstate
Red Kitty
Grimmo
stpatrik
Wurthless
exact33
Sutekh
ShadowAngel
Dark Horseman
The_Jayroh
James B.
MetalFRO
snooloui
Temple of Blood
JBall_Z
sheets
spiritoradio
Leatherface
mr.electric39
rattpoison
Addy
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Schbopo
mc666
Svengo
Fat Freddy
kmorg
Mglaffas81
scottmitchell74
manny
DeathCult
T-Roy
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Dave the Boss
thejokeriv
75 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 10:33 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
S.D. wrote:
If you go back thru history very few foreign language songs have become huge hits in the US.  Of course there are some, but it's a rarity.  It's an American museum that focuses primarily on American and European music.

Richie Valens is in the hall of fame, his biggest hit was "La Bamba".

Though ABBA sang in English, it was obviously not their native tongue.

But the songs were in English, thus they fit my point.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 10:47 am

S.D. wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
S.D. wrote:
If you go back thru history very few foreign language songs have become huge hits in the US.  Of course there are some, but it's a rarity.  It's an American museum that focuses primarily on American and European music.

Richie Valens is in the hall of fame, his biggest hit was "La Bamba".

Though ABBA sang in English, it was obviously not their native tongue.

But the songs were in English, thus they fit my point.  

...and I totally agree with you. I actually looked at a list of the inductees and ABBA was the only other group that sort of stuck out regarding their native tongue. I know the other poster has this huge love affair with non-English speaking music. I think he's trying to make an argument that unfortunately falls upon deaf ears. There have been many a performer that have stated, if they didn't sing in English, then they would be relegated to home town heroes and never expand their brand. It doesn't mean their music wasn't worthy, it just means they won't have much of a chance to expand their musical sphere of influence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 11:11 am

Ian Gillan pretty much nails it with this statement:

“The induction is not – in clear fact – for Deep Purple. It is an arbitrary selection of past members which excludes Steve and Don, both of whom have been with the living, breathing Deep Purple for a very long time.

“Obviously this is very silly. My response is quite simple: ‘Thank you very much.’”

He adds: “What a coincidence… this morning I got an invitation to a wedding from some dear old friends. My family was not invited and they said that I would be required to sit next to my ex. They were shocked when I called to thank them, and declined the invitation.”

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 11:20 am

S.D. wrote:
Ian Gillan pretty much nails it with this statement:

“The induction is not – in clear fact – for Deep Purple. It is an arbitrary selection of past members which excludes Steve and Don, both of whom have been with the living, breathing Deep Purple for a very long time.

“Obviously this is very silly. My response is quite simple: ‘Thank you very much.’”

He adds: “What a coincidence… this morning I got an invitation to a wedding from some dear old friends. My family was not invited and they said that I would be required to sit next to my ex. They were shocked when I called to thank them, and declined the invitation.”

Yeah, I read this as well. I really don't like the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, but I'm pleased with this years inductees for the most part. Should Morse be a part of the inductees with the rest of Purple? I'll let those die hard Purple fans argue this point. To be honest, I never listened beyond the album they did with Joe Lynn Turner. If Ronnie James Dio didn't get in with Sabbath, then I can't say this should come as a surprise. Jason Scheff (bass/lead vocalist) for Chicago has been in the band longer than Peter Cetera was with Chicago. He kept Chicago in the charts for at least two albums post Cetera and they've been touring strong ever since. I think there's even a bigger argument for Scheff, but am I surprised that he wasn't considered as an inductee? No. I know how that operation runs with these guys and gals...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 10:25 am

Wow, this is a real dick move by management if it's true...

Quote :
Ritchie Blackmore says that he has been prevented from attending DEEP PURPLE's Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction by the band's manager.

In a statement, the PURPLE co-founder claims that Bruce Payne has asked for the guitarist to be excluded from the ceremony in April.

Blackmore writes in a post on his Facebook page: "Ritchie was honored by the offer of induction to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. He was discussing the possibility of attending, until we received correspondence from the president of the Hall Of Fame, who said that Bruce Payne, management for the current DEEP PURPLE touring band, had said 'No.' Therefore Ritchie will not be attending the ceremony. He sincerely thanks all the fans that voted for him for their support."

The DEEP PURPLE members that are being inducted are: Ritchie Blackmore, David Coverdale, Rod Evans, Ian Gillan, Roger Glover, Glenn Hughes, Jon Lord and Ian Paice.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 9:39 pm

Yeah, I saw this recently. Why is it up to DP's current manager to say who attends and who doesn't? Why should the President of the Hall even listen to him?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 9:56 pm

Maybe the band doesn't want Blackmore to play and they're just using the manager as a scapegoat. Why would the manager have a problem with Ritchie?
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 11:43 pm

Not too crazy about this. Deep Purple was inducted because of what they did in the 60's-70's. The rnrhf is to recognize the movers and shakers. The politics should be left out. There are plenty of folks out there writing about the amazingly dysfunctional side of rock n roll. The rnrhf is unlike any other hall of fame in that it isn't solely based on individual achievement like the others are. I get that things don't always work out between band members and emotions run high and deep, and so what.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2017 11:25 am

I'd like to think Priest will get in, BUT, we know how the pioneers like to be looked over for let's say less deserving acts or bands.

https://www.thewrap.com/radiohead-rage-machine-headline-new-rock-roll-hall-fame-nominees/
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2017 12:11 pm

Priest will probably not make it, being this is their first time up for it.

metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2017 12:17 pm

mc666 wrote:
Priest will probably not make it, being this is their first time up for it.

Quite possibly, but it was I believe Journey's 1st time on the ballot last year and they made it. They were being blackballed for years, based on a few on the committee. For the life of me, I'm still dumbfounded how The Doobie Brothers still haven't been nominated.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2017 8:13 pm

I don't really care about the Rock Hall, but it's cool that Priest is at least a nominee.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 11:12 am

I couldn't care less about the RnR HOF. I've driven through Cleveland multiple time since it's inception and never stopped there and never will.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 12:57 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
I'd like to think Priest will get in, BUT, we know how the pioneers like to be looked over for let's say less deserving acts or bands.

https://www.thewrap.com/radiohead-rage-machine-headline-new-rock-roll-hall-fame-nominees/
I'm sorry, but if Rage would be it, or Radiohead over Priest, then....well I was going to say they are clueless, but that's already been proven years ago.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 10:01 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

I'm sorry, but if Rage would be it, or Radiohead over Priest, then....well I was going to say they are clueless, but that's already been proven years ago.

I'm actually a pretty big fan of early Radiohead, from Pablo Honey through Kid A. I'm not a fan of Rage Against the Machine. I've never cared for Morello's guitar tone. Having said this, there is no way either should get in ahead of Judas Priest and Priest should have been years ago.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 11:05 am

[quote="metalinmyveins]
Having said this, there is no way either should get in ahead of Judas Priest .[/quote]

Yet they will I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 6:39 pm

I was at the RnR HOF a couple weeks ago. It was an ok experience but it was kinda disappointing.

Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 7:44 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

I'm actually a pretty big fan of early Radiohead, from Pablo Honey through Kid A. I'm not a fan of Rage Against the Machine. I've never cared for Morello's guitar tone. Having said this, there is no way either should get in ahead of Judas Priest and Priest should have been years ago.
I don't like Radiohead, but I don't dislike them either. I respect their musical abilities, they just aren't my cup of tea. I like Rage somewhat, but not anything special. Can't believe they are are even nominated to begin with. Especially since there are so many other great bands that have been left out still.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 10:13 am

exact33 wrote:
I was at the RnR HOF a couple weeks ago. It was an ok experience but it was kinda disappointing.

The only HOF I ever enjoyed was the baseball HOF. Most HOFs disappoint me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 6:17 pm

I could see RATM getting the nod just so the Hall of Fame could drum up some hype. I'm sure if the 4 original members got together on stage, they'd have some choice words for the current administration.

It seems like over the past few years, the HoF purposely nominates a person or band that will stir up controversy/publicity for their dog-and-pony show.

What fun is it if the nominees graciously attend and quietly accept their awards?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 8:41 pm

I am a fan or at least a causal fan of most of the nominees this year ( well expect for L.L. Cool J, not a big fan of hip hop in general, but he is an influence in his genre).

But I believe that both Rage Against the Machine and Radiohead will get in because they are critics darlings. I am a fan of both bands, but critics seem to worship these guys.

If Judas Priest gets in, it will be the same reason KISS and Yes got in, because fans voted them in.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 12:19 am

manny wrote:
But I believe that both Rage Against the Machine and Radiohead will get in because they are critics darlings. I am a fan of both bands, but critics seem to worship these guys.

This. This will most likely happen for this very reason.

HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 2:31 am

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is ran by idiots who perform Machine Politics. it's never done what the fans want. just like the Presidential Races. it's all bullshit.

these Morons in Business suites with bananas sticking out of their corn holes just pick and choose of who they want but put these polls up to just wave these other bands that deserved to be their in our faces while laughing at the same time. F*ck these assholes.

i'm glad Deep Purple and Journey are there. but the others that get immediately thought of are pointless (at least at this decade).
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 3:12 am

Another year, another list and I still can't drum up the interest to care don\'t know
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12764

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 9:12 am

Whenever I read "Rock n Roll Hall of Fame"...My brain translates it as "Rolling Stone Hall of Lame"

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees
Page 17 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next