Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees

Go down 
+71
Required Fields
muckie
assault_attack
MoonChild
the sentinel
Vexer6
Glower
Sword Of The Heretic
stormspell
Metal Misfit
iamrockerfun
bassman
MetallicSeminarian
bass63
ElectricEye93
Short-Fuse
Thelemech
journeyman
QuothTheRaven
Tur-Thalion
corplhicks
akeldama
Boris2008
Hadley
SpectreFate
Shawn Of Fire
chewie
nevermore
messiaen77
Orion Crystal Ice
ZombieHavoc
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
jstate
Red Kitty
Grimmo
stpatrik
Wurthless
exact33
Sutekh
ShadowAngel
Dark Horseman
The_Jayroh
James B.
MetalFRO
snooloui
Temple of Blood
JBall_Z
sheets
spiritoradio
Leatherface
mr.electric39
rattpoison
Addy
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Schbopo
mc666
Svengo
Fat Freddy
kmorg
Mglaffas81
scottmitchell74
manny
DeathCult
T-Roy
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Dave the Boss
thejokeriv
75 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 1:26 pm

Painkiller wrote:
I still don't understand why people take this silly popularity contest seriously. A waste of time and energy.

Gives me something to do. Beats working.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 2:44 pm

I am a huge Beatles fan, but this made me laugh:

Beatles drummer Ringo Starr is being given a special award for musical excellence. He anchored the Beatles' sound and had a productive solo career, even beating his former mates to the top of the charts. He continues to record and tour with a revolving All-Starr Band. The Beatles are already in the hall, as are John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison as solo artists.

I guess they felt his solo career was not worthy enough to get him inducted ( I happen to disagree, even if I am not a major fan) so they are throwing him a bone, with musical excellence award, yea whatever!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 2:55 pm

manny wrote:

Beatles drummer Ringo Starr is being given a special award for musical excellence. He anchored the Beatles' sound and had a productive solo career, even beating his former mates to the top of the charts. He continues to record and tour with a revolving All-Starr Band. The Beatles are already in the hall, as are John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison as solo artists.

I guess they felt his solo career was not worthy enough to get him inducted ( I happen to disagree, even if I am not a major fan)  so they are throwing him a bone, with musical excellence award, yea whatever!

It's like the Simpsons episode where Homer was given the meaningless "First Annual Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 3:14 pm

manny wrote:

I guess they felt his solo career was not worthy enough to get him inducted ( I happen to disagree, even if I am not a major fan)  so they are throwing him a bone, with musical excellence award, yea whatever!

Even Pete Best laughed at that one. Razz

Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 6:04 pm

Really? Green Day??

sick sick
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 6:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Yay for Joan Jett. "Meh, whatever" for the rest.

Horray for Joan Jett.

I did find it odd that they called The Runaways a punk band. What?

Still no Deep Purple. Still no Judas Priest. Oh well. It's not like I am ever going to visit the place anyhow.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 6:43 pm

Ringo had a LOT of fun good solo lps - I can attest to this -
Not anywhere like Paul McCartney or John - or George's material -
Ringo had plenty of entertaining music - even with that Tom Petty/Bob Dylan thing
Anyways - I'm happy for him - I love at the 1:02 mark - his lyric -

Last edited by Glower on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 6:44 pm

Wake me up when Yes and King Crimson get inducted.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 6:50 pm

For Manny !
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 2:56 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Green Day's inclusion seems like it came outta left field, doesn't it? Did they get included just so there would be a live band to play? Razz

Nice to see Joan get the nod though. She's earned it.

Green Day has made the industry squillions of dollars so in their way they are the most deserving of an industry circle jerk.Given their roots it seems symbolic (not to mention funny)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 3:51 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Discovering way better music still being made in the underground today gives me something to do. Beats complaining.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:24 am

Painkiller wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Discovering way better music still being made in the underground today gives me something to do. Beats complaining.

That is funny coming from your you considering all you ever do is complain about everybody's musical taste, politics, the whole time you have been a member of this board
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:41 am

manny wrote:
Painkiller wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

That is funny coming from your you considering all you ever do is complain about everybody's musical taste, politics, the whole time you have been a member of this board

Careful Manny! He's underground!! affraid
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:44 am

ultmetal wrote:
I did find it odd that they called The Runaways a punk band. What?

I've always considered them a punk band. Not that it really matters, whatever you want to call their genre, as they ruled. But that's how they come across to me.

But like a dude once said, it's still rock n' roll to me.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 9:09 pm

Congrats to Joan Jett & The Blackhearts and Stevie Ray Vaughn!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 11:33 pm

manny wrote:
Not really, no. Most of what was mentioned was true for many months ago, but I've shared plenty of good music on here. Most of the posts in my Liege Lord thread consist of exchanges between two other members over nonsense.

Arguments break out quite often on this forum, regardless of my presence.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 8:50 am

I have nothing against Green Day or any other artist that have been nominated. But to pass over Deep Purple once again, is just a joke.

The Metallica and Rush guys are major fans, and they don't get it
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 3:00 pm

Ugh, I hate Green Day, I groaned out loud when I heard over the radio they were getting inducted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 6:54 pm

Here is how the "fan vote" is going so far for this year. I just voted at rockhall.com.

1. Chicago 24.00% (36003810 votes)
2. Yes 16.21% (24325003 votes)
3. Steve Miller 16.04% (24062276 votes)
4. Deep Purple 16.02% (24031183 votes)
5. The Cars 15.80% (23698174 votes)

- See more at: http://rockhall.com/voting/2016-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-nominees-vote/#sthash.dKJhqzJJ.dpuf
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 8:52 pm

S.D. wrote:
Here is how the "fan vote" is going so far for this year.  I just voted at rockhall.com.  

1. Chicago 24.00% (36003810 votes)
2. Yes 16.21% (24325003 votes)
3. Steve Miller 16.04% (24062276 votes)
4. Deep Purple 16.02% (24031183 votes)
5. The Cars 15.80% (23698174 votes)

- See more at: http://rockhall.com/voting/2016-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-nominees-vote/#sthash.dKJhqzJJ.dpuf

I voted too.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 9:08 pm

C'mon, Purple!!!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 10:02 am

01.Chicago 23.46% (37502057 votes)
02.Yes 16.17% (25850191 votes)
03.The Cars 16.17% (25837922 votes)
04.Deep Purple 15.92% (25436828 votes)
05.Steve Miller 15.92% (25436333 votes)
06.Janet Jackson 5.90% (9427698 votes)
07.Cheap Trick 1.37% (2190509 votes)
08.The Spinners 1.27% (2028370 votes)
09.Chaka Khan 1.15% (1832282 votes)
10.Chic 0.83% (1328376 votes)
11.The J.B.'s 0.59% (936477 votes)
12.N.W.A 0.41% (656554 votes)
13.Nine Inch Nails 0.33% (525118 votes)
14.The Smiths 0.29% (456363 votes)
15.Los Lobos 0.24% (380902 votes)

I can't remember how much the vote counts towards the actual induction, but hopefully the fan vote is a reflection of who is inducted this year. It is sad to see Cheap Trick a distant 7th...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 10:18 am

The top 5 vote getters (and Cheap Trick) on the list should get in (or should have already been inducted). The rest, I'm not so sure. I'm sure they have their merits to the hall but to me,there are some real head scratchers there.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 10:34 am

007 wrote:
The top 5 vote getters (and Cheap Trick) on the list should get in (or should have already been inducted). The rest, I'm not so sure. I'm sure they have their merits to the hall but to me,there are some real head scratchers there.

I like Janet Jackson and grew up on The Spinners, because of my father, but there is no way either of these two deserve to get in before the top 5 or Cheap Trick on this list. I can't believe the Doobie Brothers, Judas Priest, Journey, Iron Maiden, Thin Lizzy, UFO, Scorpions, Def Leppard and Pat Benatar haven't even been on a list.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 7:56 am

Well, at least Deep Purple, Cheap Trick, Steve Miller and Chicago are finally in. I have nothing against NWA, but The Doobie Brothers, Yes, UFO, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Def Leppard, Pat Benatar, The Cars, Journey, Foreigner, DIO and now we can start talking about Rainbow aren't in. At least this is one of the better years for those getting in the Hall.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/n-w-joins-quartet-1970s-hitmakers-rock-hall-073355284.html

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees
Page 15 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next