Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In the Mood for some Saxon !!!!

Go down 
+8
DeathCult
spiritoradio
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Dave the Boss
Sutekh
Metallic Blaze
mr.electric39
12 posters
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Empty
PostSubject: In the Mood for some Saxon !!!!   In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:36 am

I've been playing it all lately and I just can't get ENOUGH!!!!!!

A BRUTAL VIDEO AND SONG LOVE IT!!!!

Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: In the Mood for some Saxon !!!!   In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:50 am

I need to get me some more Saxon CDs. I love the stuff I've gotten.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: In the Mood for some Saxon !!!!   In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:11 am

Classic stuff -just spinning Denim and Leather. Just excellent!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: In the Mood for some Saxon !!!!   In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:12 am

I must be the only one that likes Destiny best... haha! That disc is just so catchy.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: In the Mood for some Saxon !!!!   In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:16 am

Nothing beats classic Saxon IMO! In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Headbang

PostSubject: Re: In the Mood for some Saxon !!!!   In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:18 am

I have never really given early SAXON a fair shake...do they have some kind of comp CD or something I could get a good overview of them with?
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: In the Mood for some Saxon !!!!   In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:07 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I have never really given early SAXON a fair shake...do they have some kind of comp CD or something I could get a good overview of them with?

You can pick up The Eagle Has Landed, which is a classic live disc. You've got all their classics played louder and rawer.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: In the Mood for some Saxon !!!!   In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:15 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

You can pick up The Eagle Has Landed, which is a classic live disc. You've got all their classics played louder and rawer.

Perfect suggestion.

There are also several compilations from those early years. Strong Arm Metal is the first one that comes to mind.

PostSubject: Re: In the Mood for some Saxon !!!!   In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:25 am

ultmetal wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Perfect suggestion.

There are also several compilations from those early years. Strong Arm Metal is the first one that comes to mind.

Sweet! Thanks guys! In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Headbang
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the Mood for some Saxon !!!!   In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:57 pm

That have a ton of comps. Heavy Metal Thunder is a rerecording of classic songs and is excellent. Can be had for cheap too.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: In the Mood for some Saxon !!!!   In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:10 pm

Quote :
Heavy Metal Thunder is a rerecording of classic songs and is excellent. Can be had for cheap too.

Yea, what he said. That's a good'un. Especially if you're just starting out.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: In the Mood for some Saxon !!!!   In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:43 pm

On a semi-related note, Saxon - Wheels of Steel is the album of the day over at www.allmusic.com .
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: In the Mood for some Saxon !!!!   In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:08 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
On a semi-related note, Saxon - Wheels of Steel is the album of the day over at www.allmusic.com .

Thats pretty cool to see it get reccomended like that. Thats also a GREAT album to start off with
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: In the Mood for some Saxon !!!!   In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:39 pm

I'm in the mood for sax.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: In the Mood for some Saxon !!!!   In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 5:37 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Nothing beats classic Saxon IMO! In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Headbang

In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Headbang
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: In the Mood for some Saxon !!!!   In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:06 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

That was THE album that I heard first and it just blew me away.... Great choice....

In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! 108889
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: In the Mood for some Saxon !!!!   In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:25 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
I'm in the mood for sax.

ummm......

Peleta - If I can give ya a recommendation:

In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! 41B2V0KUNiL._SS400_

In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! 41bDn51XZHL._SS400_

3 disc "Best of" including all the b-sides, live tracks, etc. Simple the BEST Saxon comp/box I have come across.
Back to top Go down
Defender71
Metal novice
Metal novice
Defender71

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: In the Mood for some Saxon !!!!   In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 6:34 pm

Saxon is great. I got into them later in life unfortunately but better than never having listened to them at all.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: In the Mood for some Saxon !!!!   In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 7:37 pm

Love me some Saxon. "Wheels of Steel" is one of my favorite albums of all time. I still need to get more of them though, as I only have that one, "Strong Arm" and "Denim and Leather".
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: In the Mood for some Saxon !!!!   In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 10:14 pm

The only one I've picked up so far is "Denim and Leather". Freekin' awesome album though!

I need to get all their stuff.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: In the Mood for some Saxon !!!!   In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 2:46 pm

I'm waiting for that Saxon/Shakira crossover song.

DENIM AND LEATHER!
We're meant to be together
I'll be there and you'll be near
And that's the deal my dear
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the Mood for some Saxon !!!!   In the Mood for some Saxon !!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In the Mood for some Saxon !!!!
Page 1 of 1