Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...

Go down 
+13
DallasBlack
Dave the Boss
Troublezone
exact33
Sutekh
Gilbert
thejokeriv
Stender
Fat Freddy
kmorg
stepcousin
Metallic Blaze
mr.electric39
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Empty
PostSubject: IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...   IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 1:07 am

Not your usual Maiden fare.... Crank it up!!!

broadsword calling danny boy.... calling danny boy over.....

digging in the archives....

a little more prog like.... great chorus melody....

a double shot from A Matter of Life and Death... super solo by H..

I'm not a Number... I"M A FREE MAN!!!!

thank you and good nite!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...   IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 1:30 am

I love Iron Maiden! UP the Irons!!!
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...   IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 2:42 am

Phantom Of The Opera:

STILL one of my altime Maiden tracks, in my top 5 easy. IMO it was years before it's time.

BTW, isn't Dave just the coolest cat ever?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...   IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:18 am

Nicky McBrain keeps getting better and better every year. The most underrated drummer, ever!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...   IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:21 am

They're on a mission from Rod.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...   IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 12:54 pm

Great stuff. I was thinking recently, there's a day very soon that Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Priest, and a few others will probably lay it down for good. Leaves me depressed.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...   IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 9:09 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Great stuff. I was thinking recently, there's a day very soon that Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Priest, and a few others will probably lay it down for good. Leaves me depressed.

I know the feeling about every band you mentioned... I will Rush to that list.... IT WILL BE a day of mourning....

IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_evil
IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Kopfschuettel
IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... 1906
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...   IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:06 pm

Steve harris rules.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...   IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:08 pm

Maiden rules!!! One of my two favorite bands!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...   IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:39 am

I can't wait for a new maiden album. I just hope we won't be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...   IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:03 pm

Yeah it's been a while since they released us a new one.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...   IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 12:41 am

New albums take time.... and Maiden tours more than the majority of acts as well. I'm good to wait -because it's usually worth it. Still irks me that they tour heavily, put on amazing, high-energy shows to packed houses, have a huge (and growing) fan base and are not spring chickens anymore, yet don't get the respect they deserve. Up the Irons!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...   IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 8:38 pm

Sutekh wrote:
New albums take time.... and Maiden tours more than the majority of acts as well. I'm good to wait -because it's usually worth it. Still irks me that they tour heavily, put on amazing, high-energy shows to packed houses, have a huge (and growing) fan base and are not spring chickens anymore, yet don't get the respect they deserve. Up the Irons!

AMEN TO ALL OF THAT!!!

It really is sad to me when they don't get any respect for their recent albums.

Today I was in Home Depot buying some stuff for my home. I had my Iron Maiden T-shirt on -and the guy at register says, "nice shirt! I love Iron Maiden!". I said to him, "cool! Do you have any of their new albums?". he said ... "naw, I just listen to the old stuff. I don't have, nor have I heard their new ones".

I was just shocked. Those new Iron Maiden albums are quite up to par with their past catalogue, but most people don't seem to even acknowledge that. I mean, it's not like they released any "St. Angers" or anything ...

Especially "Dance of Death". That album OWNS!!!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...   IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

what is even more impressive is that they just keep on doing what they do. No disappearing, breaking up or calling it quits.

Alex

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...   IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:45 pm

exact33 wrote:
what is even more impressive is that they just keep on doing what they do. No disappearing, breaking up or calling it quits.

Alex

Exactly!!! IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... 877540
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...   IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 12:56 am

Always up for some Maiden!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...   IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 3:16 am

They still huge in Europe and Definately South America, but here Clear Channel bites the big one.... How many times can we hear the Doobie Brothers or Nickleback or Slipknot.... or Lynyrd Skynyrd....

ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

U.S. radio is trully a joke which is why they don't have my attention or my boys attention (17 &16)... Where's the Kingbiscuit Flower Hour or Sunday Nite Concert or all those cool behind the scene radio shows....???

No wonder the net is booting radio by the side.... There are still some things I like on radio Sports/News talk.... some religious broadcasting.. but not much...

UP THE IRONS !!!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...   IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 7:14 am

I have to admit I'm not that big a fan of the new albums with Bruce. Brave New World was pretty good, Dance Of Death had its moments, but A Matter Of Life And Death... I dunno. It all sounded kinda the same to me, you know. I'd much rather listen to the early stuff.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...   IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 8:26 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
I have to admit I'm not that big a fan of the new albums with Bruce. Brave New World was pretty good, Dance Of Death had its moments, but A Matter Of Life And Death... I dunno. It all sounded kinda the same to me, you know. I'd much rather listen to the early stuff.

What? A Matter Of Life And Death rules!!!! it is an AWESOME album!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...   IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 12:45 pm

ALL THREE of the 00 albums with Bruce RULE!!!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...   IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 6:13 pm

kmorg wrote:
Nicky McBrain keeps getting better and better every year. The most underrated drummer, ever!

That and he's a Christian (further proof that Christians in metal are just as good and sometimes even better than non-Christians).

Love Maiden (still my favorite all time band) but I have gotten burned out over the years. A new album would be great though Flight 666 was a nice change of pace (since they played around with many of their songs giving them more life) it's not the same as new material.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...   IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:33 am

I'm looking forward to a new album too. It's been three years since their last one.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...   IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:13 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I love Iron Maiden! UP the Irons!!!
My all-time favorite band! 1,000,000,000/10! IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Headbang IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Headbang IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Headbang IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Headbang IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Headbang IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Headbang IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Headbang
UP THE IRONS x INFINITY! IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... 877540
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...   IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:21 am

I was cranking the "S/T" album this morning.

It's a good album - but man, Iron Maiden came a long way from where they started. That's for sure.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...   IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:49 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I was cranking the "S/T" album this morning.

It's a good album - but man, Iron Maiden came a long way from where they started. That's for sure.

30 years into the business, we would hope so IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...   IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IN THE MOOD FOR SOME IRON MAIDEN...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next