Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+46
QuothTheRaven
Olafsto
Metallic Blaze
James B.
Eyesore
Troublezone
AchrisK
Hate Forest
Oggy Mcheadbanger
Orion Crystal Ice
Svengo
nevermore
EvyMetal
metalheaded
coinmad
Shiney
spiritoradio
jstate
T-Roy
Thrasher73
manny
Schbopo
iamrockerfun
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
the sentinel
exact33
sheets
Mglaffas81
Sutekh
Addy
kmorg
Dave the Boss
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
holydiver97595
sam
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
DallasBlack
Leatherface
Required Fields
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
Stender
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Last seen movies - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 11:57 am

The US version of Creepers is almost 30 minutes shorter than Phenomena. Thanks to your post FF, I just ordered the uncut version of Phenomena. I've only ever seen the Creepers version.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:01 pm

tohostudios wrote:
The US version of Creepers is almost 30 minutes shorter than Phenomena. Thanks to your post FF, I just ordered the uncut version of Phenomena. I've only ever seen the Creepers version.

Cool man... lemme know if it's any more coherent as "Phenomena" than it was as "Creepers." Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:08 pm

Weird, i tought it was the other way around. I thout it was the English version of Creepers that was cut, and the US version that was uncut. I remember owning the Italian version, uncut (or it might have been the Dutch verion). The Netherlands was pretty much the only country in the world that didn't censor movies, and that kept the original undubbed dialogue.

About Dario Argento; the man was a friggin' genius. I haven't seen any of his fils since his adaption of The Phantom of the Opera in the 90's. But prior to that, he friggin' ruled. Most Italian horror where chepa B-grade splatter fests. But Dario was in a league of his own. He hated censorship, saying it was as though someone cut his head off whenever they cut in his films. He also let the actors speak their native langauage in many of his films, as they were dubbed first to Italian anyways, and then re-dubbed into English afterwards! He is also a huge fan of Disney, and it is said that "Susperia" is his "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs", go figure!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:55 pm

kmorg wrote:
Weird, i tought it was the other way around. I thout it was the English version of Creepers that was cut, and the US version that was uncut. I remember owning the Italian version, uncut (or it might have been the Dutch verion). The Netherlands was pretty much the only country in the world that didn't censor movies, and that kept the original undubbed dialogue.

If I understand all the details correctly (as I read them on IMDB), "Phenomena" was heavily edited and released to theatres in the U.S. under the title "Creepers" back in '85. When it was first released to home video (VHS) after that, the "Creepers" theatrical version was still the only one available in the U.S.

Editing was a pretty common occurrence with horror flicks back then; remember we had the PMRC targeting rock music around this time and parents' groups were also concerned about violent content in movies turning our kids into serial killers. Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_lol One of the more famous examples of this is when a bunch of PTA parents banded together and drove the Santa Claus slasher movie "Silent Night Deadly Night" right out of theatres across the country in less than a week!! And if you notice, after the first three "Friday the 13th" flicks, each subsequent sequel became less and less gory.

... but as the home video market became more prevalent people have lightened up some (or just don't care anymore, haha), because somewhere along the way, the original, un-cut "Phenomena" became available on home video on this side of the ocean. I guess compared to what's coming out nowadays in horror films, where just about anything goes, stuff like Argento's seems almost quaint!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:43 pm

Oh, we had our own share of "editing" (nicely put!) here in Norway, too. The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre was banned, along with most horror and gore movies in the B-grade territory. And most horror flicks that got the pass were heavily cencored. Action flicks too. Stuff like Rambo, RoboCop and Commado were severly cut, and Commanod even lost it's plot in the cutting room!

So as a youngster I hunted down the uncut stuff from Italy, Denmark, Malta, Holland etc. Nowadays movies are no longer censored in Norway, unless the director wants a softer version for younger audiences.

I also agree with what SpectreFate said in one of these threads, seeing horror movies on old VHS tapes were the best. A umpteenth grade copy og Bad Taste, that almost didn't have any colors left, was a lot more explicit then seeing it on DVD in grand non-natural colors!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:23 pm

The fact that Norway banned Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a testament to how great that film is. If you stop and analyze it, it's really pretty tame from a gore perspective. But it's just so intense that viewers think they're seeing more blood and guts on screen than they really are.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:25 pm

tohostudios wrote:
The fact that Norway banned Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a testament to how great that film is. If you stop and analyze it, it's really pretty tame from a gore perspective. But it's just so intense that viewers think they're seeing more blood and guts on screen than they really are.

Yea, when I was a kid I used to hear how "TCM" was the sickest movie ever made, but when I finally saw it as a teen in the '80s I was kinda surprised at how relatively bloodless it is. I expected to see buckets-o-gore but you don't see a lotta "juice" in that one at all.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:29 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Yeah, it was like you were watching the events unfold. They weren't enhanced with music, gratuitous nudity or camera tricks. It was raw and intense.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:54 pm

Quote :
They weren't enhanced with music, gratuitous nudity or camera tricks.

Unlike my dad's home movies of my 7th birthday party. Which reminds me, I should get those burned to dvd one of these days. Last seen movies - Page 4 577534

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:51 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
District 9

going to see that tonight, I can't friggen wait!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 7:30 pm

I watched, Pride and Glory, the other night. I enjoyed it. It was much more than the average cop flick. Ed Norton is truly underrated as an actor. Peace.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 8:18 pm

Sam,
I think you'll enjoy it. Pretty unique while tying in real SA problems and history in a Sci-Fi flick.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 4:02 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Yea, when I was a kid I used to hear how "TCM" was the sickest movie ever made, but when I finally saw it as a teen in the '80s I was kinda surprised at how relatively bloodless it is. I expected to see buckets-o-gore but you don't see a lotta "juice" in that one at all.

I once was a part of a group in class making a video presentation with several "gory" clips from various movies. The point was to get the class to guess what scebes were foribidden, and what clips had been approved from the censors. Using a clip from TCM was essential, but we really had a hard time finding anything cruel enough to match up with the then legal Bad Taste, f.ex. We ended up with when Leatherface cuts his own leg with the saw Very Happy

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:48 am

Fat Freddy's Festival of Craptacular Dollar Store Cinema continues... last night i watched "Black Cobra," an amazingly inept Italian-made action flick starring former NFL bad-ass/malt liquor pitchman Fred Williamson as "a maverick cop that plays by his own rules."

Basically what they did here was rip off the plot of Stallone's "Cobra" (biker gang terrorizes city and kidnaps a fashion model) to an amazing degree, on a budget of about six bucks and a broken cracker. "Cobra" was not one of Stallone's better flicks but it was MILES ahead of this version.

Watch only if you need to be bored to sleep.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 10:09 am

uh...Freddy...if you need some movie recommendations let me know...it sounds like you need assistance.

Last seen movies - Page 4 Lmao
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 11:18 am

detuned wrote:
uh...Freddy...if you need some movie recommendations let me know...it sounds like you need assistance.

Last seen movies - Page 4 Lmao

I can't help myself, I love crappy movies!! Always have. An occasional bad movie makes the good ones seem that much better.

That DVD happens to be a double feature with "Black Cobra 2" (yes, they made a sequel!) on it, which is probably on tonight's viewing slate. Last seen movies - Page 4 504388

Yeah, I know. I need a life. Don't bother pointing it out.

Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 3:10 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Sam,
I think you'll enjoy it. Pretty unique while tying in real SA problems and history in a Sci-Fi flick.

Holy crap dude, this was the most amazing and ORIGINAL movie I have seen in a long time. 5 minutes in I was already loving it.

🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 6:50 pm

Spaceballs!!

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 7:03 pm

exact33 wrote:
Spaceballs!!
All rise for Dark Helmet!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 7:21 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Spaceballs!!
All rise for Dark Helmet!

thats right! I am the everlasting know it all!!

sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 8:33 pm

"So you see, Lonestar, that evil will always triumph...because good is DUMB."
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:36 pm

sheets wrote:
"So you see, Lonestar, that evil will always triumph...because good is DUMB."

I was born somewhere in the ford galaxy
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 10:34 pm

"Pizza will send out for YOU!!"

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 10:49 pm

sam wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Sam,

Holy crap dude, this was the most amazing and ORIGINAL movie I have seen in a long time. 5 minutes in I was already loving it.

🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘

ScyFy had a Thor movie on tonight - did you catch it?
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:05 am

thejokeriv wrote:
sam wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Sam,

🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘

ScyFy had a Thor movie on tonight - did you catch it?

I don't get the ScyFy channel anymore, sadly. So no, was it any good?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next