Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+46
QuothTheRaven
Olafsto
Metallic Blaze
James B.
Eyesore
Troublezone
AchrisK
Hate Forest
Oggy Mcheadbanger
Orion Crystal Ice
Svengo
nevermore
EvyMetal
metalheaded
coinmad
Shiney
spiritoradio
jstate
T-Roy
Thrasher73
manny
Schbopo
iamrockerfun
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
the sentinel
exact33
sheets
Mglaffas81
Sutekh
Addy
kmorg
Dave the Boss
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
holydiver97595
sam
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
DallasBlack
Leatherface
Required Fields
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
Stender
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Last seen movies - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 11:51 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Not a good movie, but "The Last House On The Left" (2009). Unless brutal rape and bad acting is your bag, steer clear of this masterpiss.

I saw that last weekend... pretty nasty stuff, but I liked it anyway. So I guess that makes me some kinda sicko. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 11:56 am

Quote :
I saw that last weekend... pretty nasty stuff, but I liked it anyway. So I guess that makes me some kinda sicko. Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_lol

No, you're not a sicko. I'm just tired of new movies trying to out-do the movie before it. I miss the campiness of horror movies, now a young girl getting raped on-screen is entertainment. I remember when finding out that Angela had a weiner in Sleepaway Camp was shocking. Those days sure are long gone.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 12:09 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
I saw that last weekend... pretty nasty stuff, but I liked it anyway. So I guess that makes me some kinda sicko. Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_lol

No, you're not a sicko. I'm just tired of new movies trying to out-do the movie before it. I miss the campiness of horror movies, now a young girl getting raped on-screen is entertainment. I remember when finding out that Angela had a weiner in Sleepaway Camp was shocking. Those days sure are long gone.

The original Last House was pretty brutal too. There's on-screen rape and sexual humiliation in that one too and it came out in the early 70s.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 12:15 pm

tohostudios wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

The original Last House was pretty brutal too. There's on-screen rape and sexual humiliation in that one too and it came out in the early 70s.

Yea, I remember watching the original Last House back when I was a teen and thought it was pretty graphic. While I have zero interest in seeing the re-make, I'd imagine it woud have to be pretty over-the-top to, ahem, "improve" on the original.

Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:13 pm

Final Destination. This was pretty hilarious due to all the Rube Goldberg-esque murders. Dumb but amusing.

Autopsy. Pretty much your run-of-the-mill piece of crap cheap horror movie (part of one of those Afterdark Horrorfests). Some dumb kids get caught in an abandoned hospital with a crazy doctor (Robert Patrick) and his assistants who want to do weird medical experiments on them. Good for some laughs.

Incredible Hulk. I think this one's a lot of fun. It's like a Godzilla movie except the monsters aren't as big. The main problem with it is that because the Hulk never says anything, the dialogue in the big fight scene at the end consists of a lot of "Grrrrrr!" and "GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!" noises that get annoying after a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 9:28 pm

Last seen movies - Page 3 Crank-high-voltage-poster-2
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 9:28 pm

sheets wrote:
Final Destination. This was pretty hilarious due to all the Rube Goldberg-esque murders. Dumb but amusing.

Do you mean Final Destination (2000) or The Final Destination (the fourth of the series, currently playing in theaters)?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 10:32 pm

Just finished:

Clue
Down Periscope

Alex

Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 10:40 pm

exact33 wrote:
Just finished:

Clue
Down Periscope

Alex

I think I'm one of the three people that actually liked Clue. Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

Just finished the 1931 version of Dracula. It was interesting to see all the cliches about vampire films in one... and realising that that's where they all came from! I also learned that they filmed a Spanish language version at the same time, using the same sets and costumes. Cool!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 11:21 pm

Sutekh wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Just finished:

Clue
Down Periscope

Alex

I think I'm one of the three people that actually liked Clue. Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

I like Clue quite a bit. Its hilarious!!

Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 11:27 pm

Van Helsing. I've read some bad reviews about this movie, but I liked it. Just a fun popcorn movie and there's nothing wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 11:25 am

Leatherface wrote:
Van Helsing. I've read some bad reviews about this movie, but I liked it. Just a fun popcorn movie and there's nothing wrong with that.

you are correct. I dont pay attention to reviews much. Its fun to sit down and suspend reality for a couple hours and enjoy a good flick..

Alex

sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 3:06 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Do you mean Final Destination (2000) or The Final Destination (the fourth of the series, currently playing in theaters)?

The first one. I haven't seen any of the sequels yet.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:00 pm

Anyone seen Inglourious Basterds yet? I'm gonna watch it next Saturday with some old high school buddies. Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:03 pm

exact33 wrote:
Sutekh wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Just finished:

Clue
Down Periscope

Alex

I like Clue quite a bit. Its hilarious!!

I concur with you. It's one of my favorites of that era. Also Down Periscope is one of the best Navy comedies of all time, definatly an all time favorite of mine.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:33 pm

I'm watching the Essential Starrcade DVDs the WWE released earlier this year.

For one thing, these CDs encompass a lot of the matches and feuds I grew up watching and that nostalgia aspect is what led me to buy this set.

But the really depressing aspect of this set is how many of these wrestlers are dead. Rick Rude, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guererro,Miss Elizabeth, Road Warrior Hawk, Kurt Hennig...and that's just through 1 1/2 CDs of the 3 CD set.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:44 pm

watched Big trouble in Little China tonight!

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:56 pm

exact33 wrote:

That's a great flick!

Lots of weird SFX and Kurt Russell is his usual kickass self.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:

That's a great flick!

Lots of weird SFX and Kurt Russell is his usual kickass self.

I love watching those fight scenes where everyone is flying with swords! It is soooooo funny!!!

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 8:39 am

Watched Dario Argento's "Creepers" last night. Man, what a weird movie. Italian horror movies are known for being pretty random so if you're looking for a coherent, linear plot, decent acting, or realistic dialogue, this ain't your movie. (I love when people for whom English is not a native language write English movie scripts -- cuz then you get howlers like this: "Now I will KILL YOU! To AVENGE HIIIIIIM!")

On the other hand, it was beautifully photographed, had some pretty cool gross out scenes (best bit: a swimming pool full of severed body parts and maggots!), a young Jennifer Connelly (she was about 15 when she made this and she was already frickin gorgeous), Iron Maiden and Motorhead songs played during pivotal scenes, and a chimpanzee that goes buck wild with a straight razor. You can't ask for much more entertainment value than that from a dollar store DVD.

I'm told that the European cut of this movie (under its original title "Phenomena") runs about 20 minutes longer than this U.S. version. I don't know what they cut out or why (I'm assuming they snipped the nastier gore stuff, as the mid '80s were not a good time for gore fans in the U.S.) but now I'm curious to see the uncut version to find out if it makes any more sense than this one.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 8:48 am

Creepers (aka Phenomena) is one of the few Argento movies I like. I think it's less giallo than most of his stuff. Plus it has Donald Pleasance.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 8:51 am

tohostudios wrote:
Creepers (aka Phenomena) is one of the few Argento movies I like. I think it's less giallo than most of his stuff. Plus it has Donald Pleasance.

As I mentioned in the "Oh, the Horror!" thread, I'm not particularly well versed in Italian horror flicks... I've seen a few over the years and though they often are technically well made and nice to look at (particularly Argento's stuff), they never seem to make a helluva lot of sense. I generally am scratching my head like "WTF?" by the end. Laughing

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:43 am

District 9
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:48 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
As I mentioned in the "Oh, the Horror!" thread, I'm not particularly well versed in Italian horror flicks... I've seen a few over the years and though they often are technically well made and nice to look at (particularly Argento's stuff), they never seem to make a helluva lot of sense. I generally am scratching my head like "WTF?" by the end. Laughing

They tend to work best if you can see them as working through a sort of dream/nightmare logic, especially in Argento's case because he's claimed that he bases his films on dreams he has. When I first started watching Italian horror movies I wasn't sure what to make of it all either but once I just gave up and went with the flow they became extremely addicting Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 11:50 am

sheets wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
As I mentioned in the "Oh, the Horror!" thread, I'm not particularly well versed in Italian horror flicks... I've seen a few over the years and though they often are technically well made and nice to look at (particularly Argento's stuff), they never seem to make a helluva lot of sense. I generally am scratching my head like "WTF?" by the end. Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_lol

They tend to work best if you can see them as working through a sort of dream/nightmare logic, especially in Argento's case because he's claimed that he bases his films on dreams he has. When I first started watching Italian horror movies I wasn't sure what to make of it all either but once I just gave up and went with the flow they became extremely addicting Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_smile

It doesn't help that a lot of European horror flicks were severely edited before being released in the U.S. back in the '70s and '80s, and those edited versions are usually the ones that circulate on bargain-basement DVDs like these. So if you watch the butchered-up versions (as I did with "Creepers") you gotta assume that a lot of the stuff that might help you understand the movie ended up on the cutting room floor. It adds a certain touch of surrealism to the viewing experience, though, I must say. Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_lol

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next