Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Beatles remasters

Go down 
+18
Shawn Of Fire
TheGooch
Sutekh
Neuropete
Troublezone
the sentinel
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
spiritoradio
Schbopo
XYZ
Dave the Boss
akeldama
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
A Handful of Wayne
Chairman_Smith
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:53 am

I just purchased the Beatles Stereo Box Set on behalf of my wife (she promises she'll reimburse me the money) who will then gift wrap it and give to me on Christmas morning. Hope I can wait that long. santa

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:44 pm

Whered you get it and how much?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:09 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Whered you get it and how much?

Ebay. Buy it Now for $99 + free shipping. Brand new, still sealed. Hopefully in arrives in that condition.

I've been watching several auctions go over the $100 mark in the last 2 weeks or so. Even got outbid a coupla times. This one just popped up today, so I jumped on it. Over the summer, I've seen used sets go for anywhere between $50 and $90, but with the holidays approaching, the bidding has jumped dramatically. Some new sets were selling for over $200 with 30+ bids.

My wife has been searching teh interwebs as well (she's a great bargin hunter) and coming up short. I called her about this one today and she said to go ahead and buy it, but I can't have it until Christmas.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 5:19 pm

My local mom and pop shop still has about half the first run of these box sets.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:46 pm

Better check it when you get it because a friend of mine has been looking into getting the box. He has all the stereo mixes as single cds but he wanted to get the mono box set. He's been hesitent in getting them online because there are tons of Japanese bootlegs that sell for cheap but look almost exaclty like the real thing except the sound quality isn't that great and there are misspellings and other various things which I can't think of at the moment. Hopefully you didn't get one of those but just be on the look out.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:07 pm

Better check it when you get it because a friend of mine has been looking into getting the box. He has all the stereo mixes as single cds but he wanted to get the mono box set. He's been hesitent in getting them online because there are tons of Japanese bootlegs that sell for cheap but look almost exaclty like the real thing except the sound quality isn't that great and there are misspellings and other various things which I can't think of at the moment. Hopefully you didn't get one of those but just be on the look out.

Yea, I've read about that. Lots of bootleg sets from South Korea & Greece are floating out there too with the misspellings, poor quality, etc. That's also part of the reason my wife just told me to buy it myself. I gave her a laundry list of requirements that had to be met if she was gonna buy it for me.

This seller is from the States and had a positive feedback of over 767 with some really good seller responses and only 3 negatives from 12 months ago. Not that it's a guarantee really, but I feel safer than some of the sellers that had zero feedback or shipped from outside the US. We'll see what happens I guess.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 12:30 pm

let me know, my friend would probably grab one too

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:45 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I just purchased the Beatles Stereo Box Set on behalf of my wife (she promises she'll reimburse me the money) who will then gift wrap it and give to me on Christmas morning. Hope I can wait that long. santa

I got that for my birthday last September...LOVE IT!!!

The John Lennon Signature Box is on my Christmas list... Cool

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 11:18 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I got that for my birthday last September...LOVE IT!!!

The John Lennon Signature Box is on my Christmas list... Cool

I actually already have all the Beatles studio albums and the 3 anthology releases. But I've been wanting this box set since it was released. I like having the complete set rather than a mish-mosh of cd's, some British editions, some American editions, etc. I got a shipping confirmation yesterday, so with any luck it'll be here this week.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 2:21 pm

let me know, my friend would probably grab one too

Well, as the saying goes "You get what you pay for" and *sigh*, I have paid for a Chinese bootleg. Sad

My box set arrived today and before I even tore off the plastic wrapping, I had my suspicions. The text on the back of the box didn't look as clean and crisp as it should have been. Before I got into it, I searched for conterfeit tell-tale signs and found this very helpful link...

http://reviews.ebay.com/Beatles-Stereo-2009-Remasters-Boxed-Set-Chinese-Fake_W0QQugidZ10000000013193165

Sadly, the box set I received met with too many (but not all) of the "red flags" that were pointed out in that link. Misspellings, no FBI Antipiracy Warning, Chinese symbols on the dvd, etc. I didn't bother trying to actually play any of the cd's to check for sound quality as I was getting too bummed out with each red flag I encountered.

I've contacted the buyer and politely told them that I did not receive the item I paid for and while I was carefull to point out that I was not accusing them of purposely selling bootlegs, the item I received was indeed counterfeit and wanted to return the item and get my money back. We'll see how that goes. No response yet, but their listing does say "no returns".

If they're cool about it and agree to refund my money, no problem. So I might lose the cost of shipping it back. That'll learn me. But if they're dicks about it, I'm prepared to file a claim with Ebay and Paypal. I'm fairly certain I'll get my money refunded one way or another. Either the seller or Paypal with their Buyer Protection.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 4:06 pm

Bummer dude...I hate that! I would be PISSED!!!!!!! I am SO sorry!!!

Thank Lennon my wife got mine @ Best Buy in NC... Very Happy

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 4:23 pm

I'm completely bummed out by this whole ordeal. I was so excited when the intern delivered the package and then that initial feeling of disappointment when I looked at the packaging and felt something was amiss. And it just kept getting worse as I looked it over.

Even if I do get my money refuned, I just don't want all this hassle. I just want my music, dammit!!

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:16 pm

ah that really sucks. When you said you paid $99 for it I knew you might have gotten screwed because my friend talks about it almost daily lol. Thats also probably why they say no returns because they know what they are selling is fake. Let us know what happens now.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:39 pm

Damn, that's a bummer.

Always makes me wonder how many of my CDs are actually counterfeits.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 9:40 am

Well, so far, so good. I got this reply back from the seller.

Quote :
Hello buyer. Im going to have to have a talk with my supplier. I am very disappointed. I cant believe they sold me this crap. I will be more then willing to give you a full refund. Please email me back and let me know.

He's blaming his supplier. Eh, maybe, maybe not. I don't care either way. He's willing to refund the money, that's all I really care about.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 4:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Well, so far, so good. I got this reply back from the seller.

Quote :
Hello buyer. Im going to have to have a talk with my supplier. I am very disappointed. I cant believe they sold me this crap. I will be more then willing to give you a full refund. Please email me back and let me know.

He's blaming his supplier. Eh, maybe, maybe not. I don't care either way. He's willing to refund the money, that's all I really care about.

Yeah, who cares...get your money back at any cost...he can blame whoever he wants.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:39 pm

I was talking to my friend about this today and he said if you want to get it online get it through the amazon store not through anyone else because most likely its going to be a boot. the amazon store gets them directly from EMI. I think he said they were around $130?

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:29 am

I was talking to my friend about this today and he said if you want to get it online get it through the amazon store not through anyone else because most likely its going to be a boot. the amazon store gets them directly from EMI. I think he said they were around $130?

The Mono box (original Mono mixes in white box) is $129.99
The Stereo box (stereo mixes in black box) is $147.88
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:41 pm

If you trust Barnes & Noble they have the Mono set for 120.00. I'd love to pick this up but I'm hoping it'll come down a bit more.

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/The-Beatles-in-Mono-Box-Set/The-Beatles/e/5099969945120/?itm=1&USRI=beatles+mono
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 11:25 am

I'm pleased to report that I was given a full refund (plus shipping cost to send it back) from the seller. He was getting a little squirrely at first, but a few polite emails back & forth and I got my money back.

Still disapointed that I don't have the actual item. Oh well. Maybe Santa will find one in the back of his sleigh for me anyway.

Now comes the moral dilemma. The seller was cool about my dissatifaction and refunded my money, even when his listing said "no refunds". He was very polite and professional about the whole ordeal. Left me positive feedback as well. If the guy was a dick about it, I'd report his ass for selling bogus goods. But he wasn't.

Do I still report the box set to Ebay/Paypal as a counterfit item for sale as a warning for other buyers or just let it go?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 11:55 am

I would just let it go, and let someone else report him, I doubt his sincerity that he did not know it was a bootleg item but I would give him the benefit of a doubt.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 1:33 pm

manny wrote:
I would just let it go, and let someone else report him, I doubt his sincerity that he did not know it was a bootleg item but I would give him the benefit of a doubt.

This...you got your money back...let someone else report him.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 2:07 pm

That's the direction I was leaning towards anyway. I'm gonna let it go.

Just thought I'd throw the option out there for discussion and see what you wankers had to say. If I've learned one thing about this board over many, many posts, it's never short on opinions, good, bad or indifferent.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 5:03 pm

Yea if he was nice about it just let it go. If he was a douche then report away haha

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 3:36 pm

i have the stereo box and its sounds pretty good. the two track stereo please please me sounds horrific though but that is down to stereo sound rather than remaster. i have a few mono vinyl beatles and i much prefer i over the stereo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Beatles remasters
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next