Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Beatles remasters

Go down 
+18
Shawn Of Fire
TheGooch
Sutekh
Neuropete
Troublezone
the sentinel
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
spiritoradio
Schbopo
XYZ
Dave the Boss
akeldama
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
A Handful of Wayne
Chairman_Smith
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:17 am

detuned wrote:
I think people that like The Beatles are completely nuts. The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Lmao

The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Lol

Fixed. The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:57 am

They have some great, timeless songs but their actual albums are (hit and miss) for me with some silly, filler crap. The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:25 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
detuned wrote:
I think people like Dave The Boss are completely nuts. The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Lmao

Re-Fixed

The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:44 pm

detuned wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:
detuned wrote:
I think people like Dave The Boss are completely nuts. The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Lmao

Re-Fixed

The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Hahaha, good one! The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Lol
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:45 am

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with the Beatle Nay-Sayers here. For most topics, I tend to be pretty accepting of other people's opinions. But, when it comes to the Beatles, I don't think there is much room for relativism. They are the greates band ever, period. There is no way to overrate them. Their music is timeless, as is evident by my 5th grade students who beg me to play their music in my classroom. Lennon/McCarthy songs are perfect pop, and no one has ever come close to surpassing them. Quite frankly, I do not think there will ever be such a songwriting team again. Now, you can argue that there are better live bands. Certainly, the Stones and many others would surpass them in this category. They were not a great live band. But as far as their studio output and their influence in all the music that came afterwards? I am sorry... there is no way to overstate how influential they have been, and arguing otherwise frankly demonstrates a shortsighted perspective of music history.

That being said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion... as wrong as it might be! The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_lol Peace out, y'all. All we need is love.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:02 am

Neuropete wrote:
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with the Beatle Nay-Sayers here. For most topics, I tend to be pretty accepting of other people's opinions. But, when it comes to the Beatles, I don't think there is much room for relativism. They are the greates band ever, period. There is no way to overrate them. Their music is timeless, as is evident by my 5th grade students who beg me to play their music in my classroom. Lennon/McCarthy songs are perfect pop, and no one has ever come close to surpassing them. Quite frankly, I do not think there will ever be such a songwriting team again. Now, you can argue that there are better live bands. Certainly, the Stones and many others would surpass them in this category. They were not a great live band. But as far as their studio output and their influence in all the music that came afterwards? I am sorry... there is no way to overstate how influential they have been, and arguing otherwise frankly demonstrates a shortsighted perspective of music history.

That being said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion... as wrong as it might be! The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_lol Peace out, y'all. All we need is love.

Well said.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:15 am

Quote :
Lennon/McCarthy

Who is McCarthy? You mean McCartney? The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:24 am

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Lennon/McCarthy

You know....Lenin and McCarthy. Smile

The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Lenin1The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Mccarthy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:26 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Lennon/McCarthy

You know....Lenin and McCarthy. The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_smile

The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Lenin1The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Mccarthy

Isn't it true that Lenin once said he was bigger than Jesus?

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:28 am

Quote :

He was kidding in a press conference and the media took it and ran. Lenin was a really nice and humble guy.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:30 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

He was kidding in a press conference and the media took it and ran. Lenin was a really nice and humble guy.

Darn Communist media and their slander. McCarthy was right!!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:19 pm

I picked up The Beatles aka The White Album, Let it Be, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Beatles For Sale at Target for a pretty sweet price $16.99 for The White Album and $11.99 for the other three. If you bought any two albums together you got a $5 Target gift card, so I was able to use it towards the other two that I bought, plus I got another $5 gift card. Target was the only store that had any deal of them whatsoever, plus they were the cheapest around.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:55 pm

Thanks for the tip on Target, I might stop by tomorrow after work.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 11:05 pm

Picked up "Rubber Soul" today. Not sure why, considering I already had it. Sounds more or less the same as the original.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 11:18 pm

The only one I need is Yellow Submarine, but I can't see spending 14 bucks for 6 songs (most of which I have on other discs), because I don't care about the movie score.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 9:08 pm

So far I got

Rubber Soul
Revolver
Sgt Pepper's Lonley Hearts Club Band
The White Album
Abbey Road
Let It Be

Probably get Past Masters and Magical Mystery Tour next.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 10:31 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
So far I got

Rubber Soul
Revolver
The White Album
Abbey Road
Let It Be

Nice! So far I've only got the White Album, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Beatles For Sale and Let it Be.

Which are your favorites so far out of the ones that you got?
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 2:58 am

spiritoradio wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
So far I got

Rubber Soul
Revolver
The White Album
Abbey Road
Let It Be

Nice! So far I've only got the White Album, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Beatles For Sale and Let it Be.

Which are your favorites so far out of the ones that you got?

I'm loving all of them tons, but it's a tie between Revolver and Rubber Soul.

Also you can probably argue Helter Skelter on The White Album is one of the first metal songs.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 7:16 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:

I'm loving all of them tons, but it's a tie between Revolver and Rubber Soul.

Also you can probably argue Helter Skelter on The White Album is one of the first metal songs.

I like the early Beatles albums a lot, but my favorites are the late albums like the White Album, Abbey Road and Let it Be. They are all great though.

I agree with you on Helter Skelter. A lot of people believe that it was Born to Be Wild by Steppenwolf, which it's true that the words Heavy Metal appeared for the first time in that song, it was released a few months after the White Album, so by that logic, to me Helter Skelter was the first "Metal" song.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 4:45 am

Grabbed Help! and A Hard Day's Night today, so I'm at;

A Hard Day's Night
Help!
Rubber Soul
Revolver
Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Magical Mystery Tour
The White Album
Abbey Road
Let It Be
Past Masters
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 5:53 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Grabbed Help! and A Hard Day's Night today, so I'm at;

A Hard Day's Night
Help!
Rubber Soul
Revolver
Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Magical Mystery Tour
The White Album
Abbey Road
Let It Be
Past Masters

Nice haul. Only 2 more and you you have them all. I'm envious I need 7 until I have them all.

I did pick up: With the Beatles and Please Please Me, the other day so now I'm at:

Please Please Me
With the Beatles
Beatles For Sale
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
The Beatles (The White Album)
Let it Be
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:24 pm

I'll start with the earliest ones, because they're the ones I don't already have on CD (and probably would benefit the most from remastering?) , and pick up the later releases when i have a bit more cash!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:24 am

i have heard all the remasters and i have to say they sound really nice. definite difference between my 1987 remaster of the white album and 2009 remastered cd
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 12:39 pm

Holy Crap Gooch! Where/how have you been? The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:31 am

i got the stereo remastered box set. they sound a lot nicer than the old cds but not as nice as a good vinyl copy imo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles remasters   The Beatles remasters - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Beatles remasters
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next