Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Comp Swap VII: The Reviews

Go down 
+15
jstate
MetalGuy71
Shiney
Required Fields
kmorg
SAHB Healer
manny
tohostudios
sam
thejokeriv
mr.electric39
bgast1
A Handful of Wayne
Stender
SideShowDisaSter
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VII: The Reviews   Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 2:52 pm

Yea man, they are/were awesome. sucks they only put out the one cd. I heard them a long time ago probably when the album first came out. I was on this website called mediaclub where you could download mp3's for a certain amount of money, it was pretty cheap and I would find tons upon tons of bands. Just about every couple of days I would make a new cd with some new bands I found, Abraxas being one of them. I kind of forgot about them for a while until a while back when Sentinal Steel had a sale going on and I was looking through his list and saw that cd so I grabbed it. Its not the original one, which I could have gotten, (which seems to sell for quit a bit of money) but I got the remastered one with the bonus tracks.

We should make comps for eachother K, youd probably like mine more than stendercakes does lol

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VII: The Reviews   Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 12:34 pm

Yeah, that could work. Only 1 problem though, we probably own like 99% the same CD's! Laughing

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VII: The Reviews   Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:20 pm

lol very true

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VII: The Reviews   Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:42 pm

is there another one of these going to be done ? i received nothing the last time so I couldn't review anything, and if you are going to do another one, please pair me with someone who can mail CDs, bloody uploading is a waste of time when you get nothing back.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VII: The Reviews   Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:21 pm

lol i still never got my cds from that bloody stender guy, what a douche Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_razz

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VII: The Reviews   Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 9:22 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
lol i still never got my cds from that bloody stender guy, what a douche Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_razz

I am working on it ya grease flap!!!! Although next time you remind me about your comp discs make sure to also put in a little stab at DC for not getting MY discs out...freaken unreliable people I tell ya... Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VII: The Reviews   Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:48 am

If people wanna do this, then go ahead. I think I'm staying out next time.
Tell you what, if anyone wants to trade, pm me, and let's see what we can get going. If people can be bothered to take contact to do it, then I think they will deliver on the writing issue too (not that that was a problem this time around for me).

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VII: The Reviews   Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 5:07 pm

It takes members to bloody long to do the reviews, this one is going on 3 months and people are still writing reviews, It's not a hard job to write a line or two about 12 tracks all at once rather than 4 tracks in this thread, another 6 tracks a week later etc....... you get the "I can't find the time to do it" yet the members are on the board surfing all the time, so it's either a take it seriously or not bother with it t all.

The concept is a great one, send people a compilation of tracks that you like and get their opinions, is there any need to send more that 2CDs ? save some for the next round and so on. I enjoyed going through hundreds of CDs and trying to pick a track here and there, then you rip it to mp3, file it, upload it (that's great for people that can upload and download 100MB in a few minutes, but not all have great speeds) and nothing........

Just what I think
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VII: The Reviews   Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 6:37 pm

Locky wrote:
It takes members to bloody long to do the reviews, this one is going on 3 months and people are still writing reviews, It's not a hard job to write a line or two about 12 tracks all at once rather than 4 tracks in this thread, another 6 tracks a week later etc....... you get the "I can't find the time to do it" yet the members are on the board surfing all the time, so it's either a take it seriously or not bother with it t all.

The concept is a great one, send people a compilation of tracks that you like and get their opinions, is there any need to send more that 2CDs ? save some for the next round and so on. I enjoyed going through hundreds of CDs and trying to pick a track here and there, then you rip it to mp3, file it, upload it (that's great for people that can upload and download 100MB in a few minutes, but not all have great speeds) and nothing........

Just what I think

I take this swap and the complete works threads that I am heading completely serious man, I just didnt see myself being so busy with school this term and I'm not going to just let a sentence for each track suffice for a comp review that someone put a lot of hardwork into making.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VII: The Reviews   Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:15 pm

I must be the exception because I've given and gotten fairly prompt reviews of the swapped CDs.

Even more important, I've also purchased a CD by at least one artist from every comp CD I've ever received. IMO, that makes the program a success.

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VII: The Reviews   Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:33 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I must be the exception because I've given and gotten fairly prompt reviews of the swapped CDs.

Even more important, I've also purchased a CD by at least one artist from every comp CD I've ever received. IMO, that makes the program a success.

It is a success for sure, that's the initial idea of the comp, to open members up to music/bands that they may never have taken a chance on.

I've sought many a CD from the comps that I have previously received, maybe I'm slightly pissed as I got nothing this time around not even a review of the stuff I sent, and this one seems to be going on and on and getting nowhere fast.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VII: The Reviews   Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:44 pm

Locky wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

It is a success for sure, that's the initial idea of the comp, to open members up to music/bands that they may never have taken a chance on.

I've sought many a CD from the comps that I have previously received, maybe I'm slightly pissed as I got nothing this time around not even a review of the stuff I sent, and this one seems to be going on and on and getting nowhere fast.

I've been pretty fortunate in that the three comps I've been a part of (including this one) I received the discs pretty quick, but I got mine out quick as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VII: The Reviews   Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:14 pm

I was thinking it must bee time for the next round soon, but reading through the latest posts here, maybe not Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_smile .
I have been very lucky every time with both the CD`s and the reviews.
I`m in if there is another round coming up, i`ll even take care of the pairing if there is some interest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VII: The Reviews   Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:17 pm

Olafsto wrote:
I was thinking it must bee time for the next round soon, but reading through the latest posts here, maybe not Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_smile .
I`m in if there is another round coming up, i`ll even take care of the pairing if there is some interest.

I still have reviews that have to be finished from the last swap, but you guys go ahead if you want.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VII: The Reviews   Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:15 pm

and cds to be sent out... I give up waiting Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 798255 whats that song Alice Cooper sings?.... oh yea... NO MORE MR. NICE GUY! Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_razz

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VII: The Reviews   Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 6:17 pm

Olafsto wrote:

I am interested in the next round!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VII: The Reviews   Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 1:30 pm

me too just dont put me with stender lol

The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VII: The Reviews   Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 1:33 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
me too just dont put me with stender lol

Dude, usually I am on top of stuff like this. Now no one is going to want to trade with me this time. Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VII: The Reviews   Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 2:00 pm

I think I'm ready to do one. But can we limit it to 1 disc? My ADD will only allow me to make it through 1 disc. Smile
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VII: The Reviews   Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 4:06 pm

I suppose I can do 1 cd this time, I guess I'll have to pick 1 minute songs.

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VII: The Reviews   Comp Swap VII: The Reviews - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comp Swap VII: The Reviews
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6