Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The original (big four) to tour?

Go down 
+30
GrandNational
Grimmo
DeathCult
Olafsto
muztaine
Al.
Required Fields
mr.electric39
James B.
kmorg
FlyingV
MetalGuy71
Sutekh
Wicked Rick
Lari
MetalFRO
Stender
Thrasher73
Lurideath
sheets
A Handful of Wayne
Fat Freddy
powermacho
Temple of Blood
Coma
mc666
manny
ultmetal
sam
Troublezone
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 2:25 pm

Have Hirax replace anthrax.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 2:27 pm

Stender wrote:
THAT WOULD BE NICE TOO! and scott could be invited to play some guest vocals 🤘
I would even say heck with Metallica too, they are not good anymore
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 2:34 pm

powermacho wrote:
Stender wrote:
THAT WOULD BE NICE TOO! and scott could be invited to play some guest vocals 🤘
I would even say heck with Metallica too, they are not good anymore

then it would be the big two. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 2:38 pm

The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Mustainevsking
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 2:40 pm

sam wrote:
JAJAJA, wait! who is the dick? Mustaine, Kerry King, or both? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 2:41 pm

powermacho wrote:
sam wrote:
JAJAJA, wait! who is the dick? Mustaine, Kerry King, or both? Laughing very hard

there both huge dicks.
Back to top Go down
Coma
Metal student
Metal student
Coma

Number of posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 3:43 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if TESTAMENT could draw more people in 2009 than ANTHRAX could. All the lineup changes have hurt ANTHRAX (but haven't hurt MEGADETH really at all, interestingly enough).

Megadeth's music, if you ignore "Risk" and "Cryptic Writings", hasn't changed as drastically as Anthrax.

Mustaine is still the frontman and is still writing most of the music.

Put any CD released by Anthrax after 1990, then play any of their 80's material, and there's no way someone can tell that it's the same band.

Here in Montreal, you're right, Testament would probably draw more people than Anthrax. Even Belladonna and his band draw more people here - he was here at the Foufs in 2008 I think playing with his band, and it was mainly a Anthrax set. His drummer couldn't play so Joey did the Anthrax stuff on drums while singing.

And now that all of you think I'm full of crap, here's the link :

http://www.bravewords.com/news/89984

I'd go see Belladonna play Anthrax songs from the 80's a hundred times before I'd see Anthrax playing the same songs with Bush ...
Back to top Go down
http://thethrashzone.byethost32.com/df-trade.html
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 3:53 pm

Coma wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if TESTAMENT could draw more people in 2009 than ANTHRAX could. All the lineup changes have hurt ANTHRAX (but haven't hurt MEGADETH really at all, interestingly enough).

Megadeth's music, if you ignore "Risk" and "Cryptic Writings", hasn't changed as drastically as Anthrax.

Mustaine is still the frontman and is still writing most of the music.

Put any CD released by Anthrax after 1990, then play any of their 80's material, and there's no way someone can tell that it's the same band.

Agreed.

When you say "most of the music" it's really "an overwhelming amount of the music", like 98%. Even Lilker wrote more material for ANTHRAX than anyone else who's been in MEGADETH.

Quote :

I'd go see Belladonna play Anthrax songs from the 80's a hundred times before I'd see Anthrax playing the same songs with Bush ...

Me too.
Back to top Go down
Coma
Metal student
Metal student
Coma

Number of posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 3:57 pm

98%? I was leaning more towards 99.5%. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://thethrashzone.byethost32.com/df-trade.html
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:12 pm

Overkill, Flotsam & Jetsam or a reunited Dark Angel would please the less mainstream thrash fans. Any of those would be great opening bands.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:27 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Coma wrote:
Anthrax were considered a part of the Big 4 when Belladonna was with them. Unless they can get Belladonna for this tour, there's no point of including them on this bill, if it ever materializes.

True, but this tour will never happen anyway. METALLICA couldn't care less about those bands and don't need them.

On the contrary, they are set for life finacially so they can afford to do it for fun... they're "trying" to get back to their thrash roots.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:38 pm

What makes you think they care about the rest of the Big 4? They're not even on their radar.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:39 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
What makes you think they care about the rest of the Big 4? They're not even on their radar.

I hear about Lars always calling up the old guys all the time so who knows? Smile
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:39 pm

Coma wrote:
98%? I was leaning more towards 99.5%. lol!

That's probably more accurate. Smile
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:42 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

I hear about Lars always calling up the old guys all the time so who knows? Smile

Well, I know. And this tour will NEVER happen with these 4 bands together. Not in Europe, not in S. America, and certainly not in N. America.

It's nothing but a fanboy fantasy for the 30-somethings who remember the good ole days. It doesn't reek of a profit motive, which is a great tip that it'll never happen.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:47 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Well, I know. And this tour will NEVER happen with these 4 bands together. Not in Europe, not in S. America, and certainly not in N. America.

It's nothing but a fanboy fantasy for the 30-somethings who remember the good ole days. It doesn't reek of a profit motive, which is a great tip that it'll never happen.

Well then maybe there will be a (Thrash of the Titans) pt. 2... Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax have been known to work together sometimes. I would not rule out the original headline until Metallica comments. People also thought Metallica wouldn't even attempt thrash again but they did even if it is mediocre.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:51 pm

They attempted thrash about as much as I thought they would.

But yeah, I could see the other 3 maybe doing something with some other old school band. But METALLICA are 100 times bigger than those other bands and don't need them for any reason ... nor would they do it because they love them so much ... they don't care much at all about thrash or the thrash scene anymore.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:54 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
They attempted thrash about as much as I thought they would.

But yeah, I could see the other 3 maybe doing something with some other old school band. But METALLICA are 100 times bigger than those other bands and don't need them for any reason ... nor would they do it because they love them so much ... they don't care much at all about thrash or the thrash scene anymore.

No one twisted their arm to even go in the direction they did. They obviously wanted to "feel young" again and speed things up. I think it would be cool if they did it.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:56 pm

I guarantee Rick Rubin twisted their arm a lot and tried to kick them in the butt to rediscover their roots. He did the best he could. They're done. Kirk's playing for one is utterly lousy these days.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:58 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I guarantee Rick Rubin twisted their arm a lot and tried to kick them in the butt to rediscover their roots. He did the best he could. They're done. Kirk's playing for one is utterly lousy these days.

And who do you think picked Rick Rubin? He actually was barely there (in the studio) from what i've heard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:19 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

It's nothing but a fanboy fantasy for the 30-somethings who remember the good ole days.

The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Pot-kettle-black
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:49 pm

^^ lol!

Temple of Blood wrote:

Before the debacle w/ the "singer" Anthrax just fired, I would have disagreed with you, simply because Anthrax (through Scott Ian, mostly) has had a constant media presence the last several years, despite their sagging musical career & album sales. However, Testament's material has been stronger, and w/ the original line-up being mostly back together & Skolnick touring w/ them again, plus "The Formation of Damnation" being the good album it is, I could see them being slotted in. Still, Anthrax couldn't be counted out. I'm sure if enough money were involved, either Bush or Beladonna would find a way to come back for a tour of that magnitude.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:55 pm

Forget the talk about Anthrax, I wouldn't pay to see Metallica and they don't really fit the bill anyway (anymore) either.

If it's Slayer, Megadeth, Testament, Annihilator/Overkill/Exodus, then it's a real old school thrash metal tour. Something a thrash metal fan can't miss. Metallica would just ruin it all. And their non-thrash fans who would buy all the tickets, never caring about the other bands. Metallica doesn't really need a big name lineup to support them.

Of course it would be a good chance for the MTV listeners to get their minds blown out by some 80's thrash, but really, I don't know. Why do people want to see big bands tour together anyway? It's not like they are suddenly more awesome because they play with other big bands. Everyone has seen all of them already.
Back to top Go down
Wicked Rick
Metal novice
Metal novice
Wicked Rick

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 10:08 pm

The hell with Metallica. Let them tour with the kitten bands they have been going on tour with and just give us a great show with Megadeth, Anthrax, Testament and Slayer.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 10:54 pm

Rather than a tour, maybe Metallica could do this as a one shot "Thrash of the Titans" style festival gig somewhere. Put it in a big stadium or open-air venue, Bring on all the old school bands that are left (Testament, Exodus, Overkill, etc.) to open the bill, then Metallica could play "Kill'Em All" or "Master of Puppets" in its entirety or something, and just blow everybody's minds. They could call it "Thrashapalooza!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The original (big four) to tour?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next