Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Original Fleetwood Mac

Go down 
+2
MetalGuy71
James B.
6 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Original  Fleetwood Mac Empty
PostSubject: Original Fleetwood Mac   Original  Fleetwood Mac Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 10:23 am

Don't know if British Blues is meaningfull to any others around here or not ?

If it is or perhaps you're intested in checking it out, well there is a box set called : Fleetwood Mac-The Complete Blue Horizpn Sessions 1967-1969. You can get it used for under 30 bucks and it has 5 discs.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Original Fleetwood Mac   Original  Fleetwood Mac Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 10:54 am

I've been meaning to get something by ol Petey and the boys, but just never got around to it. I'm really only familiar with other bands who have covered their songs (Gary Moore, Aerosmith, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, etc.), but I love that whole period of British blues. I'm sure these guys would be right up my alley.

EDIT: Man, that box set looks mighty sweet. It's actually 6 discs of material.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Original Fleetwood Mac   Original  Fleetwood Mac Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 11:11 am

Quote :
Man, that box set looks mighty sweet. It's actually 6 discs of material.

yeah I forgot the Blue Jam in Chicago makes up two cds in the set. You're absolutely right about it being sweet.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Original Fleetwood Mac   Original  Fleetwood Mac Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 11:27 am

James B. wrote:
Quote :
Man, that box set looks mighty sweet. It's actually 6 discs of material.

yeah I forgot the Blue Jam in Chicago makes up two cds in the set. You're absolutely right about it being sweet.

That baby is going on my WANT list as of right now.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Original Fleetwood Mac   Original  Fleetwood Mac Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 1:34 pm

Yeah Peter Green era Mac is great as hell, nothing like the Mac that most know. In fact if you ask most they probably wouldn't know that Mac was blues before what they are now!

Love British blues, John Mayall is great as well saw him live 3 years back. He has had some great guitar players, Coco Montoya, Walter Trout who is my fav.

Wargod48

NP: Cresent - Cresent
Back to top Go down
777Stryken777
Metal novice
Metal novice
777Stryken777

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: Original Fleetwood Mac   Original  Fleetwood Mac Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 1:58 pm

Funny you mentioned this; I just ordered their 2 disc g/h set last night on my dad's recommendation. Don't know which eras it covers, but I'm looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Original Fleetwood Mac   Original  Fleetwood Mac Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 7:54 pm

Awesome stuff! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Original Fleetwood Mac   Original  Fleetwood Mac Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 7:16 pm

Yeah. "Then Play On" has been in my rotation constantly for years. Somebody just gave me Peter Green's "In the Skies", which is very good and features a lot of Christian content.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Original Fleetwood Mac   Original  Fleetwood Mac Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 8:56 pm

Fans of this should also check out Gary Moore's "Blues for Greeny". It's an entire cd of him covering Peter Green's blues music. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Original Fleetwood Mac   Original  Fleetwood Mac Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Original Fleetwood Mac
Page 1 of 1