Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The original (big four) to tour?

Go down 
+30
GrandNational
Grimmo
DeathCult
Olafsto
muztaine
Al.
Required Fields
mr.electric39
James B.
kmorg
FlyingV
MetalGuy71
Sutekh
Wicked Rick
Lari
MetalFRO
Stender
Thrasher73
Lurideath
sheets
A Handful of Wayne
Fat Freddy
powermacho
Temple of Blood
Coma
mc666
manny
ultmetal
sam
Troublezone
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

The original (big four) to tour? Empty
PostSubject: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:05 am

Just saw this over at Blabber... i thought the part King said about Anthrax at the end was funny. Laughing
If this really happens it will be historic.

METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH And ANTHRAX To Tour Together? - Sep. 3, 2009
SLAYER guitarist Kerry King has told U.K.'s Metal Hammer magazine that he has heard through the grapevine that METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich is plotting a tour that would include METALLICA, MEGADETH, SLAYER and ANTHRAX.

Should this tour materialize, this would be the first time that the so-called "Big Four" of thrash have toured together as part of the same bill. MEGADETH, SLAYER and ANTHRAX were joined by opening act ALICE IN CHAINS for the U.S. Clash Of The Titans tour in 1991, while METALLICA and MEGADETH last shared a U.K. stage at Milton Keynes Bowl in 1993.

In an interview conducted yesterday (Wednesday, September 2) in London, Metal Hammer asked Kerry if there had been a temptation to bring the co-headline tour that SLAYER are about to embark on with MEGADETH in Australia and Canada to U.K. shores.

"I think it would be cool but I knew we had this planned before all of this MEGADETH stuff started happening," said King. "They're going to Australia with us, they're going to Canada again with us. I think it would be cool for the European fans to bring that over here because, smurf poo, we didn't even consider playing with those guys since 1990."

So could it be possible that we could get a tour that includes the "Big Four?"

"I've heard people referencing Lars," said King. "I don't know Lars that well and I haven't heard it from Lars, but apparently he's talking to somebody about it. Maybe us, METALLICA, MEGADETH (and), I think he even threw in ANTHRAXThe original (big four) to tour? 2 and I said in this day and age, I know we had that time together, but how do you leave out MACHINE HEAD? There's better options than ANTHRAX and that's nothing against ANTHRAX, but they've just been in pieces for quite some time and that doesn't make as much sense to me."

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:07 am

And there is much more deserving bands to be added to the tour than Anthrax like Testament, Overkill or Flotsam. Even Anihihlator... Smile
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:13 am

that would be pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:48 am

Troublezone wrote:
And there is much more deserving bands to be added to the tour than Anthrax like Testament, Overkill or Flotsam. Even Anihihlator... Smile

100% agree. Is Anthrax a "big" anything anymore?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:53 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

100% agree. Is Anthrax a "big" anything anymore?

I hate to say it but they are pretty much done.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:04 am

Anthrax rules! Hope they get Bush back and destroy all if this tour happens.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:09 am

Maybe Anthrax is not as popular as they once where but if they get John Bush back on board on a permante basis, it would be cool to add them to the bill. The gathering of the big four for a tour sounds killer to me. I doubt this tour will ever take place if Kerry King is already bickering on who is and who isn't worthy to be on this bill.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:11 am

ultmetal wrote:
Anthrax rules! Hope they get Bush back and destroy all if this tour happens.

Then i guess they'll have to put the tour on hold til Bush finishes his commitments with Armored Saint.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:16 am

manny wrote:
Maybe Anthrax is not as popular as they once where but if they get John Bush back on board on a permante basis, it would be cool to add them to the bill. The gathering of the big four for a tour sounds killer to me. I doubt this tour will ever take place if Kerry King is already bickering on who is and who isn't worthy to be on this bill.
Kerry is just giving his opinion, which he has never been shy to do. it wouldn't stop a tour from happening. Slayer did some shows with Megadeth & Kerry still says Mustaine is a jerk. Laughing very hard

i would love to see Bush back in Anthrax & get this tour going. it would be a must see.

Coma
Metal student
Metal student
Coma

Number of posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:11 am

Anthrax were considered a part of the Big 4 when Belladonna was with them. Unless they can get Belladonna for this tour, there's no point of including them on this bill, if it ever materializes.
Back to top Go down
http://thethrashzone.byethost32.com/df-trade.html
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:33 am

Coma wrote:
Anthrax were considered a part of the Big 4 when Belladonna was with them. Unless they can get Belladonna for this tour, there's no point of including them on this bill, if it ever materializes.

True, but this tour will never happen anyway. METALLICA couldn't care less about those bands and don't need them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:40 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

True, but this tour will never happen anyway. METALLICA couldn't care less about those bands and don't need them.

Awww... c'mon, don't be so scepticle. (that's how you spell that word, isn't it?) Wink
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:47 am

I would like to see it, but if belladona is not with Anthrax, then Any other thrash band would be better than them. I would like to see KREATOR, exodus or testament instead of Anthrax
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:22 pm

Bush is great with Anthrax so I hope they can get that worked out. I'll believe the big four will play together when they're done and off the stage.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:33 pm

I would love to see this happen, but my inner cynic sez it'll never get off the ground. Too many ego's involved.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:40 pm

It'll happen... ooooooooooooh yes it'll happen!

Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:49 pm

I agree that Anthrax is a mess these days but I'd still be happy to see them with John Bush or Belladonna as part of a tour like this. I would also be just as happy with someone like Testament as an alternative.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:13 pm

Any thrash band is better than Anthrax for this tour if it happens. Just not an Anthrax fan. They are not bad, but they are a laughing joke now.

Some of the bands that would fit, I'd say are...

Exodus
Artillery
Flotsam and Jetsam
Death Angel
Hirax
Anvil
Exumer
Sodom
Kreator
Destruction
Exhorder
Testament
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:19 pm

But without Anthrax, it wouldn't be the "Big Four Tour." It would be more like "The Big Three and a Half."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:24 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
But without Anthrax, it wouldn't be the "Big Four Tour." It would be more like "The Big Three and a Half."

But WITH Anthrax, it would be the big 3 and their opening band. Smile
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:30 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if TESTAMENT could draw more people in 2009 than ANTHRAX could. All the lineup changes have hurt ANTHRAX (but haven't hurt MEGADETH really at all, interestingly enough).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:33 pm

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather see Overkill, Testament, or any of a dozen other bands in place of Anthrax if this tour ever happens. But back in the day, regardless of how irrelevant they may be nowadays, Anthrax was considered to be one fourth of "the big four" (i.e. the thrash bands that sold the most records).

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I'd rather see Overkill, Testament, or any of a dozen other bands in place of Anthrax if this tour ever happens. But back in the day, regardless of how irrelevant they may be nowadays, Anthrax was considered to be one fourth of "the big four" (i.e. the thrash bands that sold the most records).

Agreed. They had some serious mojo working in the 80's and early 90's.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:39 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Is Anthrax a "big" anything anymore?

Why Yes..Yes they are The original (big four) to tour? 288219
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:40 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if TESTAMENT could draw more people in 2009 than ANTHRAX could. All the lineup changes have hurt ANTHRAX (but haven't hurt MEGADETH really at all, interestingly enough).

I agree with you, a lot of people have lost faith in anthrax over the years. This recent drama with their new singer and the new album isn't helping them either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The original (big four) to tour?   The original (big four) to tour? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The original (big four) to tour?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next