Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Think what you want about Godsmack.....

Go down 
+11
Schbopo
Temple of Blood
MetalRob331
tohostudios
Lurideath
nevermore
Troublezone
manny
the sentinel
ultmetal
Mglaffas81
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Think what you want about Godsmack..... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:21 pm

"Metal" isn't any one thing or single set of things...all music, including Metal, evolves over time...saying Alice In Chains or Godsmack is Metal is just as valid as saying AC/DC or Whitesnake is Metal...
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:29 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Not a bad band but not great either. I'm not a fan of Voodoo Mgla as its very repetitive IMO. Fav songs from them would be Awake, Bad Religion, and Sick Of My Life.

This band needs a new guitar player Tony relies too much on the same thing on every album.

Bad Religion is a great song - I was thinking about it, just couldn't remember the name. Thanks. Yeah, Voodoo does get tiresome after a while, I just hadn't heard it for so long. It could be a little more worked on, musically, but a fun, different song. Godsmack, as a whole, just bores me though. The guitar-player is boring and uncreative. Plus, as with most modern rock bands, the background music to most of their songs all sound very much alike. There's not enough diversity. My main problem with modern Rock/Metal - Boring music, simple, muffled riffs.....no diversity, and no solo's. Just...BORING
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:52 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Not a bad band but not great either. I'm not a fan of Voodoo Mgla as its very repetitive IMO. Fav songs from them would be Awake, Bad Religion, and Sick Of My Life.

This band needs a new guitar player Tony relies too much on the same thing on every album.

Bad Religion is a great song - I was thinking about it, just couldn't remember the name. Thanks. Yeah, Voodoo does get tiresome after a while, I just hadn't heard it for so long. It could be a little more worked on, musically, but a fun, different song. Godsmack, as a whole, just bores me though. The guitar-player is boring and uncreative. Plus, as with most modern rock bands, the background music to most of their songs all sound very much alike. There's not enough diversity. My main problem with modern Rock/Metal - Boring music, simple, muffled riffs.....no diversity, and no solo's. Just...BORING

I'll give Tony credit he does try to do solos, but they are some of the worst i have heard. He steps on that wah pedal and does nothing at all.

Bad Religion is another example. Have you ever tried playing that on guitar? Tune your guitar to Drop D and there is no use of fingers other then to mute the strings. I like that song because it has that in your face feel and its great to play on drums.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:04 pm

I won't even get into it. That will just open a whole new can of worms on here. Rather not go there.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:13 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I won't even get into it. That will just open a whole new can of worms on here. Rather not go there.

The instrumental work sucks. Case closed
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:17 pm

I have heard a lot worse then Godsmack. I have heard a lot better as well.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:34 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I have heard a lot worse then Godsmack. I have heard a lot better as well.

Agreed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 5:21 pm

Godsmack is very, very simple. They are one of those bands who are (much) less about technicality and more about vibe...and vibe they got. Vibe is what helps them sell...not shredding solos.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 5:59 pm

Yes, Voodoo is a cool song...but probably the only song by Godsmack I've ever really liked.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:11 pm

Godsmack has tons of great singles. This is one of'em.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:03 pm

This is one of the few bands in this style that I like. The others off the top of my head are OIL and Stricken.

Here's my favorite Godsmack song....
Back to top Go down
buggie_awps
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:11 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Staind is another one...good band, can't knock 'em, but haven't given them a lot of time outside of the hits (which I do think are quite good)...

Well at least they made a living off those hits. Smile
The musicians sometimes are into something completely different than what they do such as the guitarist from Staind. He has said he was big into Tony Macalpine and that Shrapnel shredding stuff but that doesn't sell enough to make a living so they do what they have to do.
staind is one of those bands that anyone can find a song they like because they are usually pretty easy to relate to, and the songs themselves aren't bad either. as far as modern metal/hard rock goes, i can't stand godsmack. i don't mind bands like disturbed and you could even argue that i kind of like trivium, but godsmack is just a no-no for me. boring music.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:45 am

ultmetal wrote:
I don't dislike all modern bands. I like bands like 3 Inches of Blood, Disturbed, and Sevendust to name a few, but there is something about that singer's voice that just bugs me.

So true. I'm not a fan at all. Can we label these guys as metal?
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:12 am

I LOVE Godsmack and have seen them play live 3 times so far! Now playing: THE ENEMY!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:42 pm

I think Godsmack is decent, but i rather listen to AIC.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:46 pm

The more I listen to Godsmack, the more I like them. The song "Whiskey Hangover" is kickass, and it even sorta-kinda has a cool solo.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:08 am

Troublezone wrote:
I think Godsmack is decent, but i rather listen to AIC.
Godsmack 10/10
AIC 10/10

I'd love to see them tour together!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:09 am

Schbopo wrote:
The more I listen to Godsmack, the more I like them. The song "Whiskey Hangover" is kickass, and it even sorta-kinda has a cool solo.
They are a brilliant live band! Their twin drum solos are awesome to behold!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Think what you want about Godsmack.....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2