Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Think what you want about Godsmack.....

Go down 
+11
Schbopo
Temple of Blood
MetalRob331
tohostudios
Lurideath
nevermore
Troublezone
manny
the sentinel
ultmetal
Mglaffas81
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Think what you want about Godsmack..... Empty
PostSubject: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:11 am

But this song RULES! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:11 am

Their Awake album is a strong offering of modern Metal...
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:16 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Their Awake album is a strong offering of modern Metal...

I agree - This song is just so wonderfully different. It's awesome
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:34 am

I can't see the video...YouTube is blocked here @ work...LOL!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:47 am

I just don't care for the singers vocals. They are CONSTANTLY on all the local ClearChannel rock stations here. I turned on the radio this morning for a moment to check traffic and they were playing some song called "Whiskey Hangover" or something like that.

Last edited by ultmetal on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:54 am

ultmetal wrote:
I just don't care for the singers vocals. They are CONSTANTLY on all the local ClearChannel rock station here. I turned on the radio this morning for a moment to check traffic and they were playing some song called "Whiskey Hangover" or something like that.

I generally don't care for the band or the vocals either, but this particular song ("voodoo") is sung in a nice, clean tone, and features nice instrumental work (there's a hidden instrumental track, "WitchHunt", at the end of the song, after a coupla' minutes of silence). Nice to hear a modern band today has some diversity
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:59 am

I don't dislike all modern bands. I like bands like 3 Inches of Blood, Disturbed, and Sevendust to name a few, but there is something about that singer's voice that just bugs me.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:44 am

I grabbed their debut when it came out around 97 or so and have the first three offerings from them. I like their music a lot but they bore me pretty quick b/c their lyrics are pretty repetitive (Go away, stay away, etc.). Every now and again I throw one of their cd's in the player.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:34 am

Feel the same way sentinel feels about Godsmack, not a bad band but they do not hold my interest for very long.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:47 am

At first i didn't like them... i don't think they are great but i can listen to them without getting sick unlike other bands that came around at the same time (Limp Bizkit). They also have that "Staind" kinda vibe too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:24 pm

Staind is another one...good band, can't knock 'em, but haven't given them a lot of time outside of the hits (which I do think are quite good)...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:25 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Staind is another one...good band, can't knock 'em, but haven't given them a lot of time outside of the hits (which I do think are quite good)...

Well at least they made a living off those hits. Smile
The musicians sometimes are into something completely different than what they do such as the guitarist from Staind. He has said he was big into Tony Macalpine and that Shrapnel shredding stuff but that doesn't sell enough to make a living so they do what they have to do.

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:27 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Well at least they made a living off those hits. Smile

Oh yeah...no question. Aaron Lewis' depression has made them rich! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:34 pm

I can handle Godsmack but like many here, get bored quickly. They need to expand beyond the stop/start riffs.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:18 pm

Godsmack are ok. I like some of their stuff. But I really can't stand this particular song.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:31 pm

This band is absolutely horrible. Its ROCK though. How the hell you guys get metal out of this is beyond me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:35 pm

Lurideath wrote:
This band is absolutely horrible. Its ROCK though. How the hell you guys get metal out of this is beyond me.

Most definitley Hard Rock/Rock...but their heaviest album, Awake, is pretty much a Metal record...it's as heavy as Pantera or Alice In Chains' early stuff...
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 2:58 pm

Alice in Chains isn't a metal band either. Pantera is a bad example. hahaha Godsmack's 1st album may be heavy, but that don't make it metal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 2:59 pm

I was referring to thier second...it's all semantics anyway...
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:03 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Alice in Chains isn't a metal band either. Pantera is a bad example. hahaha Godsmack's 1st album may be heavy, but that don't make it metal.

Who cares? I don't think they're much of a metal band anyway, but no reason to get all worked up about it. "Voodoo" is the one song by this band I really like. Most of their other stuff bores me to tears.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:08 pm

Genre nazis crack me up.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:10 pm

Not a bad band but not great either. I'm not a fan of Voodoo Mgla as its very repetitive IMO. Fav songs from them would be Awake, Bad Religion, and Sick Of My Life.

This band needs a new guitar player Tony relies too much on the same thing on every album.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:11 pm

I ain't worked up about it. Stating a fact! Nothing wrong with that is there? Damn!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:12 pm

Lurideath wrote:

Like Lurideath inferred .... heavy is a necessary but not sufficient condition for "heavy metal".
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:14 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I ain't worked up about it. Stating a fact! Nothing wrong with that is there? Damn!

You're only allowed to express "board-allowed" opinions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Think what you want about Godsmack.....   Think what you want about Godsmack..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Think what you want about Godsmack.....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next