Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Godsmack fans here?

Go down 
+10
scottmitchell74
mc666
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
MetalRob331
DeathCult
Rex
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
biddle
14 posters
AuthorMessage
biddle
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

Any Godsmack fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Any Godsmack fans here?   Any Godsmack fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:55 am

Any Godsmack fans here?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Godsmack fans here?   Any Godsmack fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:55 am

No. Except for Eyesore. He likes everything.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Any Godsmack fans here?   Any Godsmack fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:59 am

I was just discussing this band on another forum moments ago. I can't stand this band and 99% of the reason why is the vocals. I don't really find the music all that interesting either.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Any Godsmack fans here?   Any Godsmack fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:01 am

Heard better, heard worse.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Any Godsmack fans here?   Any Godsmack fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:19 am

I like them enough. I haven't heard the last album though. They put on a great show too.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Any Godsmack fans here?   Any Godsmack fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:27 am

They are firmly rooted into the "This Sucks" family.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Any Godsmack fans here?   Any Godsmack fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:57 am

i dont mind them. They have a few songs i enjoy. I think they need to drop Rombolla and get a new guitar player because he recycles riff after riff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Godsmack fans here?   Any Godsmack fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 11:10 am

Good band...good heavy riffs...crunching guitars...great grooves...I like them...my 15 year old LOVES them...
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Any Godsmack fans here?   Any Godsmack fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 11:20 am

I have no problem with Godsmack and actually enjoy some of their music. Unlike most bands in their genre they actually do guitar solos now and then (this probably has to do with the huge Alice In Chains influence they have).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any Godsmack fans here?   Any Godsmack fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 11:30 am

I like their 1st album. The 2nd one was ok, just a bit samey as the 1st. The 3rd album sounded just like the first 2. I haven't heard anything since. Saw them live when they toured for the 1st album. They were ok, but I remember the guitarist and bassist did that hunched-over-bounce-up-and-down-like-the-guys-in-Korn for the whole show. Kinda stupid looking, if you ask me. And the lead singer is a little fidget like Glenn Danzig.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Any Godsmack fans here?   Any Godsmack fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 12:23 pm

i don't like my metal as heavy as Godsmack. that's just br00t4l.

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Any Godsmack fans here?   Any Godsmack fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 12:32 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I have no problem with Godsmack and actually enjoy some of their music. Unlike most bands in their genre they actually do guitar solos now and then (this probably has to do with the huge Alice In Chains influence they have).

I wouldnt call them guitar solos, They are wah driven noise if you ask me. I like some Godsmack songs but throwing in the same pre solo section in 10 different songs then covering up terrible theory and technique with a wah pedal kills me. Tony Rombolla is one of the worst guitar players in the history of rock music.

I remember reading an interview with him stating that he didnt even know what drop d tuning was after years of playing the guitar.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Any Godsmack fans here?   Any Godsmack fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 12:45 pm

Quote :
i don't like my metal as heavy as Godsmack. that's just br00t4l.

More of that passive-agressiveness! lol!

I think they have their moments, but overall not my 'bag'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Godsmack fans here?   Any Godsmack fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 1:08 pm

Their ok, if they come on the radio I don't turn it but I won't buy it.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Any Godsmack fans here?   Any Godsmack fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 1:26 pm

Not a fan.I had a couple of their cds but traded them.They're too samey if ya ask me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Godsmack fans here?   Any Godsmack fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 2:24 pm

spectrefate wrote:
No. Except for Eyesore. He likes everything.
Wrong. But I do like Godsmack. Haha. Good music to work out to (not that I work out or anything), or for similar activities. Just mindless music, but done well for what it is. Their acoustic EP is pretty sweet, though.

That's a wicked riff!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Any Godsmack fans here?   Any Godsmack fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:00 pm

i dont mind that riff, i think Tony R. is so bad at guitar. When i listen to this band i like the groove of the songs and such but those same repeated riffs over and over again on each album kind of get old to me. Tony should just work on his rhythm and stay away from the leads cuz most of his solos are on my worst solos of all time list.

Fav songs from them are

Bad Religion which 75% of the song is played with no hands on the guitar

Whatever - when i first heard this song i was like thats badas$

Sick of my life is probably my favorite song from them
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Any Godsmack fans here?   Any Godsmack fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:21 pm

I think they have some ok songs but i don't consider myself a fan.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Any Godsmack fans here?   Any Godsmack fans here? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:58 pm

I actually really like Godsmack. I think that they get better with each release. Granted, their first few albums were more steeped in Nu metal, but I think their most current release IV is a great hard rock/alt rock album. And their cover of Good Times Bad Times is pretty freakin' sweet! pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Any Godsmack fans here?   Any Godsmack fans here? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 2:03 pm

I LOVE me some Godsmack! 10/10 I'll be seeing them for the third time in August! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Godsmack fans here?   Any Godsmack fans here? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Godsmack fans here?
Page 1 of 1