Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Godsmack back in the studio

Go down 
+5
Boris2008
tohostudios
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
Icy Grave
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

Godsmack back in the studio Empty
PostSubject: Godsmack back in the studio   Godsmack back in the studio Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 9:35 pm

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/godsmack-officially-begins-recording-new-album/

Blabbermouth wrote:
GODSMACK has officially entered the studio to begin recording its sixth album for a late 2014 release. The group's frontman, Sully Erna, tweeted earlier today: "Pre-production is finally over! We've officially started recording the new album! And it is going to be one badass record! Just sayin'…"

He added: "Off to the studio! Vocals start today. Rock and toll better watch out. 'Cuz here we come! AGAIN."

GODSMACK's follow-up to 2010's "The Oracle" is once again being helmed by Dave Fortman, how previously worked with SLIPKNOT and EVANESCENCE, among others.

GODSMACK drummer Shannon Larkin recently said about the band's forthcoming CD: "So many cool new tunes that I can tell ya it's gonna be hard to narrow these down to the best ones! I know it's been awhile since you've heard from us, but we will make it worth your wait!"

With 20 Top 10 hits on the rock radio charts in 16 years, Erna told The Pulse Of Radio a while back that he's proud of GODSMACK's track record. "You know, it is nice to know that we're creating stuff that's just kind of living on and that does really well in the active rock stations and the hard rock world and that kind of stuff," he said. "So we're in that middle ground. We're not quite as poppy as like AEROSMITH, but yet we're not as dark and metal as, you know, the SLIPKNOTs or the METALLICAs or whatever. So we're kind of like that in-between band."

Erna spent the last few years pursuing projects outside the band, including the release of his first solo album, "Avalon", as well as a starring role in a new horror film called "Army Of The Damned", now out on DVD.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/godsmack-officially-begins-recording-new-album/#twqbpOxyrVgM26Va.99
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Godsmack back in the studio   Godsmack back in the studio Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 4:33 pm

New album coming Aug. 5th. Here's the cover...
Godsmack back in the studio Godsmack100hpcoveralbum

If anyone cares, which judging by the responses the initial post got, I'd say no one.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Godsmack back in the studio   Godsmack back in the studio Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 5:04 pm

Being a car and dragster enthusiast, I like the cover art. Other than that, this band is shit. I'll see myself out.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Godsmack back in the studio   Godsmack back in the studio Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 7:00 pm

I have the S/T and several after that.  Recently I gave the S/T a spin and couldn't even make it through the whole thing  I skipped straight to "Voodoo" which was the only song that still resonated with me. And that used to be my favorite disc from Godsmack; I even have a T shirt with the album cover on it. 

It's interesting how one's music tastes evolve...

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Godsmack back in the studio   Godsmack back in the studio Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 7:16 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Being a car and dragster enthusiast, I like the cover art. Other than that, this band is shit. I'll see myself out.

Don't hold back dude!  lol!  I don't really think that they are shit, just deathly dull.

After seeing the cover, I thought that it might be a ZZ Top covers record, but sadly.....  Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Godsmack back in the studio   Godsmack back in the studio Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 8:55 pm

I have the self titled and Awake. Decent enough stuff but I really have no further interest in the group.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Godsmack back in the studio   Godsmack back in the studio Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 12:52 pm

007 wrote:
I have the self titled and Awake. Decent enough stuff but I really have no further interest in the group.

Same here. I had a couple other albums, but those 2 you mentioned are the only ones I kept. And it's been quite some time since they've been pulled from the shelf. I've even seen them live twice. But the albums? They're all too samey sounding.

Why that is a problem with Godsmack and not bands like Motorhead or AC/DC, I have no idea.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Godsmack back in the studio   Godsmack back in the studio Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 11:26 pm

I dig Godsmack. Nothing amazing, but good modern rock, or whatever the kids call it.

There is video of me singing the song "Whatever" numerous times when I was stationed in Korea. Always drunk. My friend had a band and at every show they would cover "Whatever," which I would sing, and "Killing In The Name," by Rage Against the Machine," which I and my friend Paul would sing. It was awesome!

I have little recollection of these shows, as it was always late in the set and we were hammered by that point. I have no video of it, either, which is a total bummer. =(
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Godsmack back in the studio   Godsmack back in the studio Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 11:33 pm

I have Awake and Faceless. Decent band and if i found any other cds by them cheap i'd pick them up, but for the most part theyre a radio band for me.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Godsmack back in the studio   Godsmack back in the studio Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 4:38 am

I stayed away from wanting to like GODSMACK when I first heard them around 2002.
I read corner store rock magazines saying they were part of the "nu metal" scene, and I did not like or understand whatever the heck that was.
Nu metal was not heavy and most of what I heard/seen was not memorable.

The occasional Linkin Park video song was ok, but I never got the appeal of Korn ,
and RATM merely sounded like just another band inspired by Henry Rollins/Black Flag but whiny.

These days, as I rarely listen to rock radio, I borrowed a couple Godsmack CD's from the public library, one wasa  greatest hits type thing maybe, and found them really good hard rock/heavy metal, straddling the fence between it.
One of the few bands these days, I wouldn't mind owning the entire discography if it's as good as what I heard so far.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Godsmack back in the studio   Godsmack back in the studio Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 2:46 pm

Anyone still follow these guys? I pulled their first 2 albums out of mothballs to rip and give a fresh listen. Just curious if they've changed up their sound any in the last, oh, 10 years or so.

Am I missing anything or am I good with the 2 albums I own?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Godsmack back in the studio   Godsmack back in the studio Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 10:49 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I don't understand this kind of approach to music. If you like the band, buy their albums. Haha.

Anyway, I don't think they've changed much; they're still playing their own brand of modern alt-rock/metal. Really good albums, though.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Godsmack back in the studio   Godsmack back in the studio Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2017 2:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I don't understand this kind of approach to music. If you like the band, buy their albums. Haha.

Anyway, I don't think they've changed much; they're still playing their own brand of modern alt-rock/metal. Really good albums, though.

I had their 3rd album but would later ditch it. They struck me as too samey. Haven't heard much from them in the last few years although I know they've kept cranking out albums. Just wondering if they changed things up at all or just still doing more of the same.

PostSubject: Re: Godsmack back in the studio   Godsmack back in the studio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Godsmack back in the studio
Page 1 of 1