Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Creed "Full Circle" 10-27-09

Go down 
+11
thejokeriv
tohostudios
Trial by Fire
Troublezone
MetalRob331
Getizzyback
Schbopo
Metal Misfit
XYZ
Required Fields
325ad
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Creed "Full Circle" 10-27-09 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creed "Full Circle" 10-27-09   Creed "Full Circle" 10-27-09 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 4:46 pm

manny wrote:
I think the backlash with Creed started for the reasons stated by 325ad, and most of the problems was mostly due to Scott Stapp. Stapp going on stage drunk and giving terrible performances during Creed's tour before their first break up. Apparently ego problems with Stapp got completely out of hand, so they disbanded, which most of been some huge problems if the band was willing to call a day and basically start all over as Alter Bridge with a new vocalist.

I am not huge Creed fan and personally prefer Alter Bridge but Creed's albums are not bad. I think they were unfairly accused of being Pearl Jam clone/rip off band, I can detect a slight Pearl Jam influence but I do not feel that Creed rip off Pearl Jam or any other band.

Creed are not considered a cool band and while I can't stand 3 Doors Down and Nicklecrap I do like the first two Creed albums. I think Creed are just one of those bands that will not get its due anytime soon, Creed could record this generation's Dark Side of the Moon and critics will stay say it sucks.

Very good points!!!! Mark T is an excellent guitarist. I used to hate Crred just to hate them. The first album has a Peral Jam vibe, but the others don't. After I read they had got back together with Scott Strapp-On, I thought that had they not split up and did the Alter Bridge thing, Creed would have gone through the period that all bands seem to where they aren;t popular for a while. I didn't start to like the band until I heard the non-"hit" songs and realized what a great guitarist Mark T is. He sound slike he is heavily influenced by Metallica.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Creed "Full Circle" 10-27-09   Creed "Full Circle" 10-27-09 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 4:47 pm

manny wrote:
I think the backlash with Creed started for the reasons stated by 325ad, and most of the problems was mostly due to Scott Stapp. Stapp going on stage drunk and giving terrible performances during Creed's tour before their first break up. Apparently ego problems with Stapp got completely out of hand, so they disbanded, which most of been some huge problems if the band was willing to call a day and basically start all over as Alter Bridge with a new vocalist.

I am not huge Creed fan and personally prefer Alter Bridge but Creed's albums are not bad. I think they were unfairly accused of being Pearl Jam clone/rip off band, I can detect a slight Pearl Jam influence but I do not feel that Creed rip off Pearl Jam or any other band.

Creed are not considered a cool band and while I can't stand 3 Doors Down and Nicklecrap I do like the first two Creed albums. I think Creed are just one of those bands that will not get its due anytime soon, Creed could record this generation's Dark Side of the Moon and critics will stay say it sucks.

Exactly, well put manny...

Creed doesnt sound anything like Pearl Jam to me or Nickelback or 3 Doors Down. Creed is a hard rock band with plenty of metal influence in Marks playing. If it wasnt for Marks amazing playing and riffs I probably wouldnt be a fan. He drew me in not the songs although they are great as well. I will take this style of hard rock anyday over the pop crunchy Nickelback songs made for radio.

Manny Creed dont have to record this generations DSOTM, Alter Bridge did that with Blackbird.....If you are not a fan just give the album a listen to for the musicianship as Mark and Scott Phillip are 2 of the best in rock...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Creed "Full Circle" 10-27-09   Creed "Full Circle" 10-27-09 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Found this cheap today so I took a chance. Surprised me, it's a good listen all the way through and Tremonti steals the show. He seems a little looser then in the past which is good. Won't be a top 10 but it's a worthy listen and sounds more mature. Wonder how it'll sell?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Creed "Full Circle" 10-27-09   Creed "Full Circle" 10-27-09 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 4:57 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

Very good points!!!! Mark T is an excellent guitarist. I used to hate Crred just to hate them. The first album has a Peral Jam vibe, but the others don't. After I read they had got back together with Scott Strapp-On, I thought that had they not split up and did the Alter Bridge thing, Creed would have gone through the period that all bands seem to where they aren;t popular for a while. I didn't start to like the band until I heard the non-"hit" songs and realized what a great guitarist Mark T is. He sound slike he is heavily influenced by Metallica.

Mark Tremontis influences are bands like Celtic Frost, Metallica, and Slayer. Mark also stated players like SRV, Joe Bonamassa, Zakk Wylde, and Neal Schon are huge influences. Some of his best friends are Batio, Rusty Cooley, and Vinnie Moore so you get where his influences are. This man takes his craft serious and it is paying off.

There are some really heavy guitar tracks in the Creed catalog you just wont hear them unless you search or buy the cds....
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Creed "Full Circle" 10-27-09   Creed "Full Circle" 10-27-09 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 5:58 pm

I'm pretty impressed with the new single. I saw this today at Hastings, but didn't pick it up. I'll get it though ... just not right away. I always get everything Creed puts out.

They're not a favorite band, but I do like them. Then again, I like this particular style of hard alternative music.

And I agree, Mark Tremonti is a great guitarist. And despite problems he may have, Scott Stapp is a heck of a singer too.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Creed "Full Circle" 10-27-09   Creed "Full Circle" 10-27-09 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:08 pm

Y'know...I really don't like Creed one bit. They sound very bland and processed to me. And yet, I like Nickelback. What's up with that?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Creed "Full Circle" 10-27-09   Creed "Full Circle" 10-27-09 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:12 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Y'know...I really don't like Creed one bit. They sound very bland and processed to me. And yet, I like Nickelback. What's up with that?

Nickelback is more pop oriented to me, where as Creed is just hard rock with some awesome musicianship.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Creed "Full Circle" 10-27-09   Creed "Full Circle" 10-27-09 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:58 pm

Schbopo wrote:

The two bands are a lot alike. I like them both!

But there are enough differences between them that I could understand how you'd like one and not the other.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Creed "Full Circle" 10-27-09   Creed "Full Circle" 10-27-09 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:35 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Schbopo wrote:

The two bands are a lot alike. I like them both!

But there are enough differences between them that I could understand how you'd like one and not the other.

I agree.

They are a lot alike.

Hence, I hate 'em both.

Creed "Full Circle" 10-27-09 - Page 3 Icon_lol

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Creed "Full Circle" 10-27-09   Creed "Full Circle" 10-27-09 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:38 pm

I like what I'm hearing of this new Creed, but the new Dead By Sunrise is a much better album than this.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Creed "Full Circle" 10-27-09   Creed "Full Circle" 10-27-09 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:01 am