Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Circle II Circle and Chris Caffery to perform "Magellan" at Wacken '12

Go down 
+4
Temple of Blood
kmorg
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37702

Circle II Circle and Chris Caffery to perform "Magellan" at Wacken '12 Empty
PostSubject: Circle II Circle and Chris Caffery to perform "Magellan" at Wacken '12   Circle II Circle and Chris Caffery to perform "Magellan" at Wacken '12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 12:25 pm

Neat-o. Wish I could be there to see it.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=166666

SAVATAGE Members To Perform Entire 'The Wake Of Magellan' Album At WACKEN OPEN AIR - Nov. 30, 2011

CIRCLE II CIRCLE, the band formed by ex-SAVATAGE frontman Zak Stevens, has been confirmed for next year's edition of the Wacken Open Air festival, set to take place August 2-4, 2012 in Wacken, Germany. The group will be joined at the event by special guest guitarist Chris Caffery (SAVATAGE, TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA) for a special performance of the classic 1997 SAVATAGE album "The Wake Of Magellan" (which featured both Stevens and Caffery) in its entirety.

CIRCLE II CIRCLE's current lineup consists of Zak Stevens (vocals), Rollie Feldmann (guitar), Mitch Stewart (bass/keyboards) and drummer Johnny Osborn, formerly of DR. BUTCHER.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle and Chris Caffery to perform "Magellan" at Wacken '12   Circle II Circle and Chris Caffery to perform "Magellan" at Wacken '12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 1:40 pm

I NEED to go to Wacken one of these days!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle and Chris Caffery to perform "Magellan" at Wacken '12   Circle II Circle and Chris Caffery to perform "Magellan" at Wacken '12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 3:27 pm

Wow, that sounds like a cool show!

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle and Chris Caffery to perform "Magellan" at Wacken '12   Circle II Circle and Chris Caffery to perform "Magellan" at Wacken '12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 3:29 pm

The chorus to "Paragons of Innocence" has the exact same vocal melody as Bobby Brown's "Humpin' Around".

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37702

PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle and Chris Caffery to perform "Magellan" at Wacken '12   Circle II Circle and Chris Caffery to perform "Magellan" at Wacken '12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 3:41 pm

kmorg wrote:
Wow, that sounds like a cool show!

I missed Savatage's tour for this album cuz when on the day they played @ the Birch Hill in New Jersey, I had to be the best man in my friend's wedding. I don't think I have ever quite forgiven my friend for that. Very Happy

Temple of Blood wrote:
The chorus to "Paragons of Innocence" has the exact same vocal melody as Bobby Brown's "Humpin' Around".

I am not sure I really want to know WHY you know that. Razz

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle and Chris Caffery to perform "Magellan" at Wacken '12   Circle II Circle and Chris Caffery to perform "Magellan" at Wacken '12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 7:57 pm

I'll be there! Although the lineup is somewhat disappointing thus far, I am going for the first time, and hopefully not the last!

Unfortunately I don't have this Savatage album yet, but I really like two of the three I do have and I'll have to buy it before I go.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle and Chris Caffery to perform "Magellan" at Wacken '12   Circle II Circle and Chris Caffery to perform "Magellan" at Wacken '12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 10:38 pm

Damn Europeans, they get all the good stuff. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6345

PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle and Chris Caffery to perform "Magellan" at Wacken '12   Circle II Circle and Chris Caffery to perform "Magellan" at Wacken '12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 4:47 am

My favourite 'Tage album! I cannot go though. They should get Jon, too, and release the show on DVD.

Anyone else find the choice of albums a bit odd, considering it's probably the one with the most Jon-sung parts out of the four Zak did with the band?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12653

PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle and Chris Caffery to perform "Magellan" at Wacken '12   Circle II Circle and Chris Caffery to perform "Magellan" at Wacken '12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:52 am

The day is still young, Jon may show up ?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle and Chris Caffery to perform "Magellan" at Wacken '12   Circle II Circle and Chris Caffery to perform "Magellan" at Wacken '12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:17 am

Lari wrote:
My favourite 'Tage album! I cannot go though. They should get Jon, too, and release the show on DVD.

Anyone else find the choice of albums a bit odd, considering it's probably the one with the most Jon-sung parts out of the four Zak did with the band?

Chris can sing those parts.

PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle and Chris Caffery to perform "Magellan" at Wacken '12   Circle II Circle and Chris Caffery to perform "Magellan" at Wacken '12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Circle II Circle and Chris Caffery to perform "Magellan" at Wacken '12
Page 1 of 1