Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst Super Hero movies of all time

Go down 
+24
TheDoctor'sScarf
GrandNational
metalinmyveins
Dave the Boss
DeathCult
Addy
exact33
MetalGuy71
sheets
Sutekh
DallasBlack
sam
Troublezone
kmorg
scottmitchell74
Leatherface
Svengo
spiritoradio
Required Fields
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
T-Roy
Fat Freddy
manny
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 7:25 pm

I haven't seen "Catwoman" but I'm tempted to simply because of all the bad word of mouth it's gotten. When I read/hear stuff like that, my reaction is generally "It can't be THAT bad, can it?" ...of course, then it usually is.

Surprised no one has brought up "Howard the Duck" yet... a personal bad-movie fave of mine...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 7:35 pm

I've never seen Howard the Duck, but I doubt it's as bad as Batman and Robin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 7:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Surprised no one has brought up "Howard the Duck" yet... a personal bad-movie fave of mine...
That's a pretty bad one but the comic was great. Some good satirical fun.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 7:50 pm

I thought Howard the Duck was a fun movie. I had a huge crush on Lea Thompson back then. Catwoman isn't good, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

Fat Freddy wrote:

"Barb Wire" - the movie stunk, but the eye candy was out-STANDING!

Perhaps the greatest movie intro of all time. Once we got past that part, I'd seen all I needed to see. dancingthing
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18880

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 8:34 pm

I liked Man-Thing myself. That's just me though. Superman IV, from what I understand, really had the scissors taken to it. The uncut version is said to be almost three hours long or so. They also just ran out of money while making it. It was made by a much smaller studio than the first three where.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 6:14 am

Since I brought up "Wonder Woman" a few posts back... oooooh yeah, Lynda baby, tie me up with that golden lasso of truth, I'll tell you anything you want. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 6:43 am

Svengo wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
That's a pretty bad one but the comic was great. Some good satirical fun.

Oh yea, I've repped the "Howard" comic series around here quite a few times. It's one of my favorite Marvel series and one of the select few comics from my old collection that I hung onto after I purged 95% of it about ten years ago.

The movie though? I wonder if any of the filmmakers even bothered to read a "HTD" comic before they started shooting. The only thing the book and the movie have in common is that the main character is a cigar smoking duck. The comic book was very clever, adult social satire. The movie was a big, silly, overblown, neon colored time capsule of everything that was wrong with Hollywood in the '80s (though I still love it, for that exact reason. Haha).

Metal Misfit wrote:
I thought Howard the Duck was a fun movie. I had a huge crush on Lea Thompson back then.

I still have a huge crush on Lea Thompson to this very day, which can be traced directly back to the bedroom scene in "Howard the Duck." Laughing

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 6:48 am

What I remember the most about the Howard the Duck movie was that they built up this great hype of what Howard the Duck was going to look like, how realistic Howard the Duck was going to look like, etc, when it was finally revealved he looked like a guy dressed in a duck costume!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 6:51 am

manny wrote:
What I remember the most about the Howard the Duck movie was that they built up this great hype of what Howard the Duck was going to look like, how realistic Howard the Duck was going to look like, etc, when it was finally revealved he looked like a guy dressed in a duck costume!!!

True, but if they made "Howard the Duck" nowadays he'd probably be a CGI creation and he'd look just as fake.

Legend has it that eight (!) different guys played Howard in various scenes throughout the movie. For the more physical action scenes they actually found a midget stunt man who could handle all the strenuous running and jumping around!

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 6:58 am

I don't know what I am more amazed by , by the fact that 8 different guys played Howard the Duck or that there is a such thing as midget stuntmen.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 7:42 am

Quote :
I actually liked the dare devil movie, the only good thing about the Elektra movie, was Jennifer Garner, very nice piece of eye candy.

I could have written this word for word.

Howard the Duck is a craptastic classic!! Pure mid-80's cheese.

It seems Halle Berry either hits a home run or gets run over by a truck, she makes the most inconsistent script choices of anyone I can think of.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:

It seems Halle Berry either hits a home run or gets run over by a truck, she makes the most inconsistent script choices of anyone I can think of.

I gotta give Halle Berry credit: she has a sense of humor about the "Catwoman" debacle. When that movie won a bunch of "Razzies" (the "anti-Oscar" awards given out to the WORST movies of each year) she actually came to the Razzie ceremonies in person to collect her awards, which is not something a lot of stars do. I read somewhere that she even thanked the "Catwoman" producers in her acceptance speech for putting her in such a crappy movie. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 8:22 am

Catwoman was the first one that popped into my mind when I read the topic title. I saw a trailer for it on TV last night, because one of the channels are airing it on Saturday. Man, she looks sooooo stunning, and moves so graciously and "cat-like". But that is one movie where looks deceives! Laughing

I also wanna nominate Supergirl to this thread. Terrible idea to begin with, and an even worse film! A friend of mine used to own it on VHS, before someone broke into his car and stole it. We actually laughted, and felt pity for the poor sap that ended up viweing that crap! Laughing

Oh, and let's not forget Flash Gordon. A movie soooo bad, it even reflected on Queen's usually so stellar music. (Good thing they got to redeem themsleves with Highlander some years later).

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 8:29 am

Supergirl is a horrible movie but Helen Slater looked very tasty in that Supergirl uniform.

Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Supergirl4
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 8:32 am

Quote :
Oh, and let's not forget Flash Gordon. A movie soooo bad,

Blasphemer!!!

Blasphemy!!!

Quarterback for the New York Jets!!!!!

This movie is so awesome it gives me goosebumps!
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 8:41 am

kmorg wrote:
Oh, and let's not forget Flash Gordon. A movie soooo bad, it even reflected on Queen's usually so stellar music. (Good thing they got to redeem themsleves with Highlander some years later).
I loved that movie as a kid and still love it today. It's almost impossible to get that Queen soundtrack out of your head once you see the movie. FLASH , AH AHHHH , He's A Miracle !!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 8:43 am

kmorg wrote:

Laughing very hard Flash Gordon was on TV not long ago, I hadn't seen it since I was about 10 years old. I cut my teeth on "Star Wars" as a kid so even THEN I thought "F.G." looked pretty lame. Watching it nearly 30 years later, it's even WORSE. I don't know what the heck the filmmakers were going for on "Flash Gordon." If they were trying to recapture the look/feel of the 1930s comic strip or the old movie serials, they failed miserably. If it was supposed to be a spoof of sci-fi movies, they also failed miserably. I especially laughed at all of those painful-to-the-eyes, disco-style bright and sparkly costumes on nearly every character (was Freddie Mercury a fashion consultant for this movie, in addition to working on the soundtrack? Haha), everyone looked like they'd escaped from Drag Queen Night at Studio 54 and wandered onto a film set.

Awful, AWFUL movie!!!

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 8:49 am

manny wrote:
Supergirl is a horrible movie but Helen Slater looked very tasty in that Supergirl uniform.

Helen Slater. Talented lady but her career couldn't survive the one-two punch of "Supergirl" and "The Legend of Billie Jean."

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:08 am

Yet Stallone's career managed to survive after 'Judge Dredd' and 'Stop! Or My Mom will Shoot".
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:26 am

manny wrote:
Yet Stallone's career managed to survive after 'Judge Dredd' and 'Stop! Or My Mom will Shoot".

I forget where I read it but believe it or not, even though it tanked at the box office in the U.S. "Judge Dredd" was reportedly a huge hit in Asia, particularly in Japan. I think it was the #1 "foreign film" of the year at the Japanese box office when it was released there.

Then again, they eat dogs in some parts of the world, so there's no accounting for taste, I guess.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:39 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

Blasphemer!!!

Blasphemy!!!

Que the Queen vocals... Flash, AHHH AHHHH Laughing
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:44 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

Blasphemer!!!

Blasphemy!!!

Agree!!! Flash Gordon is awesome!!!! One of my favorite "cult" films!!!!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:19 am

manny wrote:

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 6:11 pm

manny wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Catwoman. Hands down. Halle Berry's lovely lady lumps couldn't even save that one.

I forget about that steaming of turd, it is too bad that movie sucked because as you point out Halle Berry is another lovely piece of eye candy.

I remember my best friend Erik wanted us to rent that because Halle Berry would be wearing skin tight leather. I told him that a hot woman does not a good movie make but he insisted. I was definatly able to say "I told you so." That movie was horrid but still better than the fourth Batman movie and on par with the third.

I actually enjoyed the Spawn movie a little bit becaus of John Leguizamo's hilarious portrayl of the Violator. But the HBO cartoon show was much, much better.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 6:14 pm

I'm tired of all the Judge Dredd bashing. It was a fun popcorn movie, darnit! angry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst Super Hero movies of all time
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next