Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aerosmith members "on strike!"

Go down 
+31
snooloui
Gilbert
Temple of Blood
rattpoison
Eyesore
mr.electric39
Addy
JBall_Z
exact33
jerseyultifan+
Fat Freddy
Chairman_Smith
Lurideath
Glenn Rogers
Wargod
325ad
mez
nevermore
sam
Troublezone
MetalFRO
the sentinel
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Cliffy
mc666
A Handful of Wayne
manny
MetalGuy71
stepcousin
ultmetal
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 6:58 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
Not to derail this too far, but are Soundgarden really reuniting? Last I heard, it was just a rumor. Has it been confirmed?

Yes they are. [url=http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2010/01/01/soundgarden-reunion-is-official-school-is-back-in-session-writes-chris-cornell/
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2010/01/01/soundgarden-reunion-is-official-school-is-back-in-session-writes-chris-cornell/[/quote[/url]]

Hmmmmm, kooky. I'm not the biggest fan, but I do like some of their older material. And "Singles" is one of my favorite soundtracks. Cool.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:18 pm

manny wrote:

“In fact, I overheard Cornell telling Joe: ‘Fuck off, can you imagine how ridiculous that would be?!’

Not as ridiculous as his Timbaland produced turd of a solo record.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 7:04 pm

Perry is desperate to make a point to Steven. Very Happy

Could he be offering the gig to Jon Oliva next ???
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:10 am

I wish aerosmith would turn heavy again. Can they still do it?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:22 pm

Gilbert wrote:

nope...

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:24 pm

I wish for fish
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:33 pm

Addy wrote:
I wish for fish

Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Lol

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:34 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Aerosmith was never heavy metal.

Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 564665
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:54 am

Oh, the drama continues...

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/exclusive-steven-tyler-could-sue-to-stop-1004063861.story

Quote :
Tyler's Los Angeles-based attorney, Skip Miller, fired off a letter to Aerosmith manager Howard Kaufman last week, independently obtained by Billboard.com, requesting that Aerosmith's management "immediately cease and desist from engaging in acts and conduct to the harm and detriment of your own client, Aerosmith, and our client who is one of its members." Miller subsequently told Billboard.com that on behalf of Tyler he's called a meeting of Aerosmith's "shareholders" on Feb. 9 to discuss the band's future, including recording a new album and touring this year of Europe and South America. The four-page letter also states that "we reserve all of our legal rights and remedies in this matter, including, without limitation, pursuing legal action for damages and other appropriate relief."

Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 7:46 am

What an absolute joke! Suing your own management when it's 100% your own fault? I think the rest of the band should just call it a day.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 7:52 am

snooloui wrote:
What an absolute joke! Suing your own management when it's 100% your own fault? I think the rest of the band should just call it a day.

The will tour as Jetosmith or Perrison Aeroplane, or Perrison Starship or "The band formerly known as Aerosmith"
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 7:53 am

thejokeriv wrote:
snooloui wrote:

The will tour as Jetosmith or Perrison Aeroplane, or Perrison Starship or "The band formerly known as Aerosmith"

Paul Rodgersmith?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 7:59 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
snooloui wrote:

Paul Rodgersmith?

Joe, Tom, Brad and Joey + Billy Idol

or + Paul Rodgers

or + Winner of Rock Star:Joe, Tom, Brad and Joey
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:18 am

Here is another (yawn) rumor:

Is Sammy Hagar going to replace Steven Tyler as Aerosmith’s frontman?
Earlier this week Classic Rock heard the news that the Chickenfoot (and former Montrose/Van Halen) singer had agreed to sing with the Boston band on a forthcoming world tour.
A source told us:
“The idea is for Sammy and Aerosmith to rake in big bucks on the road while leaving Steven Tyler to sort out his problems. Then Tyler would return to the band in a couple of years’ time.”
Hagar, we reckon, is one of the few singers who could handle Tyler’s scat singing style and idiosyncratic lyrics. So the story made a strange kind of sense.
We contacted Hagar’s manager, John Carter, and told him we had it on good authority that Sammy was joining Aerosmith.
Carter reponded: “Good authority must mean The Enquirer because his Led Zep gig conflicts with the Aerosmith job.
“Seriously, Sam is very happy to be going into the studio with Chickenfoot to start the second album in April.”
The Aerosmith camp declined to comment.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:32 am

One more piece of Aerosmith news:

According to The Pulse of Radio, Joe Perry confirmed the rumors that Steven Tyler did indeed try out for Led Zeppelin shortly after Robert Plant passed on reuniting with the band in 2008.
For the first time Perry shared the details of Tyler's ill-fated attempt to front Zeppelin, telling Classic Rock magazine, "Steven disappeared and I called around. Somebody said he was in London trying out for Led Zeppelin. It's something I've never talked about before. It's a kind of window into how hard it's been to keep the partnership together. It's not the first time things like this have happened— that's the downside of our relationship."
According to what Jimmy Page told Perry, the rehearsals were "shambolic," with Tyler unfamiliar with the Zeppelin catalog and under the impression they would be working on new material.
Perry added: "Page felt really awkward about the audition, but ultimately it was a group decision (to pass on Tyler)."
Perry recently spoke to Arkansas City, Kansas radio station KACY 102.5 FM and admitted that having Paul Rodgers replace Tyler in Aerosmith was a thought, and that he plans to record some solo tracks with Rodgers in the future.
When asked if he would be amenable to having a female singer replace Tyler, Perry said: "Oh, definitely! No one in the band's brought that up, but sometimes. . . You've gotta think out of the box. Oddly enough, a lot of the bands I was in before I had Aerosmith, I had female singers in the band and it was really good — a lot of great songs. So that's definitely a possibility."
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:37 am

HagarSmith?

Um...no. Just no.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:12 am

UGH! I really hope that doesn't happen.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:15 am

The HagerSmith album - C U Next Tuesday featuring the hits "Janie's got poundcake", "When it's love in an elevator", "Right now, I don't wanna miss a thing" and "I can't drive toys in the attic"
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:07 pm

TOM JONES is the next possible pretender to the throne!!! Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 201269 Perry says maybe a female too. Next he'll probably say he wouldn't mind getting those barking dogs from that Jingle Bells song.

thejokeriv wrote:
The HagerSmith album - C U Next Tuesday featuring the hits "Janie's got poundcake", "When it's love in an elevator", "Right now, I don't wanna miss a thing" and "I can't drive toys in the attic"

Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_lol

Don't forget "Why Can't This Be Nobody's Fault", "There's Only One Way to Eat the Rich", "Your Cryin' Is Driving Me Crazy", "The Other Side of Both Worlds" and "Draw the Line, Finish What Ya Started".
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Tarja!
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:37 pm

Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Lol
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:27 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
TOM JONES is the next possible pretender to the throne!!! Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 201269 Perry says maybe a female too. Next he'll probably say he wouldn't mind getting those barking dogs from that Jingle Bells song.

thejokeriv wrote:

Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_lol

Don't forget "Why Can't This Be Nobody's Fault", "There's Only One Way to Eat the Rich", "Your Cryin' Is Driving Me Crazy", "The Other Side of Both Worlds" and "Draw the Line, Finish What Ya Started".

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:52 am

the drama is over and Joe Perry and Steven Tyler have come to their senses:

Aerosmith and Rage Against The Machine have been confirmed for this year's Download festival, set to take place June 11th-13th, 2010 at Donington Park, United Kingdom.
According to Classic Rock magazine, the Download organizers have booked Aerosmith for this year's event on the condition that Steven Tyler, and only Steven Tyler, appears as the band's frontman.
"In the early days of Aerosmith, we were infected with the vibe coming out of the U.K. with The Yardbirds, Blues Breeakers, Pretty Things and The [Rolling] Stones and we wanted what they had bad," said Steven Tyler in a statement. "So baby, we're coming home. Rock and roll can be pure sex and we can't wait to Download…"
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:05 pm

Well, going back on previous statements, that only gives Steven roughly 4 months to get clean, have foot/leg surgery and go through physical therapy.

Good luck with that.

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:09 pm

Yeah, that does seem fast. Maybe they'll wheel him out on the stage. I hope this works out for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aerosmith members "on strike!"
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next