Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aerosmith members "on strike!"

Go down 
+31
snooloui
Gilbert
Temple of Blood
rattpoison
Eyesore
mr.electric39
Addy
JBall_Z
exact33
jerseyultifan+
Fat Freddy
Chairman_Smith
Lurideath
Glenn Rogers
Wargod
325ad
mez
nevermore
sam
Troublezone
MetalFRO
the sentinel
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Cliffy
mc666
A Handful of Wayne
manny
MetalGuy71
stepcousin
ultmetal
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 5:34 pm

I just picked up an Aerosmith tribute disc the other day, and oddly enough, Jani Lane did a kick-ass job on "No Surprise." If he wasn't so messed up these days, I'd suggest he might be a good fit.

Of course, no one can really fill Tyler's shoes, dude is too unique, but if the band insists on doing so, Lane could have worked at one point.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:13 pm

I think Joe's got his eyes on Paul Rodgers.............
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:15 pm

Has anyone speculated that this is just some sort of reality-show esque faux-drama to drum up interest in a dinosaur rock band in a dying music industry? Maybe I'm too skeptical but I do think this is a possibility.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:24 pm

Quote :
I just picked up an Aerosmith tribute disc the other day, and oddly enough, Jani Lane did a kick-ass job on "No Surprise." If he wasn't so messed up these days, I'd suggest he might be a good fit.

I have that disc and I agree that Jani did a good job with that tune. As far as the other songs in the Aerosmith catalog, hmmmmm, I dunno. Maybe.

Temple of Blood wrote:
Has anyone speculated that this is just some sort of reality-show esque faux-drama to drum up interest in a dinosaur rock band in a dying music industry? Maybe I'm too skeptical but I do think this is a possibility.

While I doubt that it was originally done intentionally, I wouldn't put it past them (or their management) to take this turn of events and spin it into some sort of reality show for publicity. As sad and desperate as that seems.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:26 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Have you seen Tyler? I'd tend to agree with you otherwise, but you just can't fake Steven Tyler 2010.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:29 pm

If Aerosmith had retired right around the time Pump came out...I would have a higher opinion of them.

As it stands now? I think Steven Tyler and Kory Clarke could hang out together in the over-the-hill burnout rockstar home for alcoholic vocalists with an overinflated view of their self worth.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 7:48 am

I wondered the same thing Mr Electric about Liv

Aerosmith will retire when bands like Judas Priest and Iron Maiden call it quits
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:23 am

A little more info...

http://www.comcast.net/articles/music/20100121/MUSIC-US-AEROSMITH/

In a nutshell, Joe Perry says they are looking for a temporary lead singer so they can go out and tour while Steven works out his demons and gets a leg & foot surgery that he needs, which could put him out of commission for at least a year or year and a half. The band will hold auditions, but it sounds like they are looking for an "established" singer, not some American Idol wanna-be.

The drama continues.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:39 am

With a due respect to Tom Hamiliton and Joey Kramer, getting temps to fill in for a couple dates for a drummer and bassist is not same as getting a temp for a vocalist.

That is not to say that Hamiliton and Kramer are not important to Aerosmith's sound, because they are, but Steven Tyler is not replaceable commodity in Aerosmith, if Joe Perry wants to play with the other 4 members of Aerosmith, cool and I would even go see them live, but not as Aerosmith, they can call it the Joe Perry Project, Aero Force or whatever they want but calling it Aerosmith without Tyler is a terrible idea.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:43 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

In a nutshell, Joe Perry says they are looking for a temporary lead singer so they can go out and tour while Steven works out his demons and gets a leg & foot surgery that he needs, which could put him out of commission for at least a year or year and a half.

...a year or year and a half? Good grief. How old is Tyler gonna be by then, 87 or something? Do they really expect Steven to be "back to his old self" again after that long of a layoff?

Maybe this is God's way of telling them it's time to retire.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 8:38 pm

They want an established singer to become a glorified temp until Steven gets sober? Yeah, who's going to jump at that opportunity? Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:52 am

Joey Kramer is going to be on an episode of the new season for "That Metal Show". I'm sure it's primarily to promote his book (which I own, but still haven't read), but it'll be curious to hear how he addresses the current Aerosmith situation.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:31 am

Not much of a news story, but here you go:

Classic Rock can confirm that Paul Rodgers was invited to be Aerosmith’s new frontman.
This happened at the Classic Rock Roll Of Honour in London last November, when Aerosmith’s troubles with singer Steven Tyler were just beginning to surface.
The awards were a star-studded affair. Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry and Rodgers were among the multitude of high-profile rockers in attendance.
During a break in the ceremony Perry approached Scott Rowley, Classic Rock’s Editor In Chief, and asked him: “Can you introduce me to Paul Rodgers?”
Amazingly, Perry had never met the Free/Bad Company/The Firm/Queen + Paul Rodgers frontman before.
Rowley guided Perry to Rodgers’ table and the two stars engaged in conversation while Rowley chatted to Rodgers’ wife, Cynthia.
However, Classic Rock’s Jerry Ewing, who was sitting at the table, overheard Perry make a direct approach to Rodgers about replacing Tyler in Aerosmith.
Ewing recalls:
“Basically Scott came over with Joe Perry who had asked to be introduced to Paul. After an initial introduction Perry started saying how Rodgers was his second-favourite vocalist of all time.
“Rodgers typically asked who Perry’s favourite was, and Perry said: ‘The lead singer of Aerosmith.’ Cue some embarrassed laughter.
“The talk then moved on to what Perry was doing and he said that he was doing the Joe Perry Project and they were looking to come over here and tour, at which point Rodgers mooted the idea of them supporting Bad Company on their just-announced shows.
“The next thing, Perry is starting to tell Rodgers that they have problems with Tyler and that they intend to carry on regardless – and how great it would be if Rodgers took the slot, and would he be interested in trying out?
“If I remember correctly there were the usual ‘how flattering’ platitudes but no real commitment, as you’d expect, nor refusal.”
Classic Rock knows of two more major names who have been approached to sing for Aerosmith.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:58 am

Sounds like Steven's going off the deep end...

http://www.comcast.net/music/blindedbythehype/10052/

He's singing over the loud speaker system at Home Depot. Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_cry

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:16 am

Hey Steven, come sing Get the Lead Out or Nobody's Fault at my house! headbanger

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:47 am

Seriously? Rodgers in Aerosmith? If Joe thinks that's a good match, he may need to join Tyler in rehab.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:59 am

Eyesore wrote:
Seriously? Rodgers in Aerosmith? If Joe thinks that's a good match, he may need to join Tyler in rehab.

I'm not thrilled about that idea either, but it can't be any worse than what Rodgers did with Queen.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 12:07 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Paul Rodgers is an excellent singer, but not with Aerosmith, plus Rodgers has already replaced another high profile singer when he was in Queen, and that did not turn out to be a good match.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 12:14 pm

Oh, Rodgers is a great singer, but it's the whole square peg round whole scenario.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:21 pm

rattpoison wrote:
I think Joe's got his eyes on Paul Rodgers.............

Anyone else want me to bust out the crystal ball, i'm here all week.............
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 8:36 am

I find the idea interesting since I am a fan of both Billy Idol and Aerosmith, but under the Aerosmith name, anyway from Classic Rock Magazine, more from the rumor mill:

A source tells us:
“Joe had been approaching a few people about replacing Steven and he invited Billy to his show at the House Of Blues in Los Angeles.
“Joe said he wanted to talk to Billy about joining Aerosmith, because the band were having problems with Steven.”
The gig – which featured the Joe Perry Project – took place on November 24 in West Hollywood. It was reviewed in the December 2009 edition of Classic Rock (issue No.139).
However, in a strange turn of events, Idol failed to respond to Perry’s invitation.
“As far as I know Idol did not show up due to having a cold,” says our source.
Whether this means the door remains open for Idol to try out for the Aerosmith job at a future date is unclear.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 9:12 am

I am not sure what to make of these stories, if they are true what is Perry doing approaching every well known hard rock vocalist:

A source close to the Aerosmith camp tells Classic Rock:
“Joe approached Chris Cornell and asked him if he would be interested in the Aerosmith job, because the band were running out of patience with Steven.
“But Cornell, to his credit, didn’t take Joe’s request very seriously. He thought he was joking and was surprised when Joe said he wasn’t.
“In fact, I overheard Cornell telling Joe: ‘Fuck off, can you imagine how ridiculous that would be?!’
“In any case, Cornell told Joe he was committed to Soundgarden’s reunion, so it [Cornell joining Aerosmith] could never happen.”
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 9:50 am

Whew, Joe's sounding desperate. Chris Cornell? Wow, that's a stretch. I know they want a "name" to step in, but the more I listen to Joe's latest album, the more I'm convinced that that Häagen-Dazs character could pull it off.

Not to derail this too far, but are Soundgarden really reuniting? Last I heard, it was just a rumor. Has it been confirmed?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 9:52 am

Joe Perry should give Kory Clarke a call. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 9:55 am

Quote :
Not to derail this too far, but are Soundgarden really reuniting? Last I heard, it was just a rumor. Has it been confirmed?

Yes they are. http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2010/01/01/soundgarden-reunion-is-official-school-is-back-in-session-writes-chris-cornell/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aerosmith members "on strike!"
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next