Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aerosmith members "on strike!"

Go down 
+31
snooloui
Gilbert
Temple of Blood
rattpoison
Eyesore
mr.electric39
Addy
JBall_Z
exact33
jerseyultifan+
Fat Freddy
Chairman_Smith
Lurideath
Glenn Rogers
Wargod
325ad
mez
nevermore
sam
Troublezone
MetalFRO
the sentinel
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Cliffy
mc666
A Handful of Wayne
manny
MetalGuy71
stepcousin
ultmetal
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:52 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Well these guys have really gotten soft over the past 15 years. Almost a Bon Jovi type. They need to heavy it up again and kick some ass like the old days!

You know, the past few years have been the first time the "Steven Tyler has fallen off the wagon" rumors have been going around since he went to the betty ford clinic before "Perm Vacation". So, who knows, maybe there is some truth. Even Steven said he was on painkillers he "shouldn't even touch" after his surgeries/etc. Maybe he's back on the stuff. You never know...... Anyway, he isn;t looking so great these days. I wouldn;t be suprised. Remember when Ozzy said he quit drugs and drinking but years later said he was high or drunk during every episode of "The Osbournes".
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 4:52 pm

More from the Aerosmith camp, I am sure they will carry on but at the moment it does not look good:

“Once the band hit the final note and I walk off stage – then I’ll tell you the whole story,” an exuberant Steven Tyler announced to Classic Rock minutes before Aerosmith played a triumphant set to a crowd of over 50,000 adrenalized punters at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
The future of Aerosmith looks uncertain at moment as they approach their 40th anniversary in 2010.
Since falling off stage whilst the band were on tour with ZZ Top, Tyler has decided to pull out of a planned South American tour at the end of the year and seems intent on pursuing solo projects, as he revealed to Classic Rock.
“I don’t know what I’m doing yet, but it’s definitely going to be something Steven Tyler: working on the brand of myself – Brand Tyler.”
Guitarist Joe Perry also took advantage of the recent break by recording and releasing a new solo album – "Have Guitar, Will Travel" – and will be touring in the States over the next couple of months with talks of doing some dates in Japan and the UK early next year.
Even with all the internal politics the band managed to pull out all stops by playing what Perry described as “one of the best shows of the year."
“You know on a good night I believe that Aerosmith can top any band in the world,” said Perry, “but the Grand Prix is a tough act to follow.”
On stage there was no sign of any acrimony – just the smiles, banter and the general bonhomie that is associated with Boston’s premier good-time band. But off stage the story is much different.
As with the last three shows, none of the band see Tyler until the opening number and his dressing room is located quite a distance from the rest of the group.
At the moment Aerosmith’s future is an open book and over the next couple of weeks the band will reconvene (probably sans Tyler) to discuss future plans, which could be either the announcement of a long hiatus – or even possibly include carrying on with a new lead vocalist.
Guitarist Brad Whitford revealed:
“I’m not sure how good that would look, it would largely depend on who we could get and who would want to do it. That’s big shoes to fill. Nobody could replace Steven or imitate him – he’s one of a kind. But if somebody was willing to do it and the chemistry was right, why not?”
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 5:03 pm

Quote :
Guitarist Brad Whitford revealed:
“I’m not sure how good that would look, it would largely depend on who we could get and who would want to do it. That’s big shoes to fill. Nobody could replace Steven or imitate him – he’s one of a kind. But if somebody was willing to do it and the chemistry was right, why not?”

Wow, that's a pretty harsh blow right there! Instead of saying "No Steven? No way, it would never happen", Brad sounds like they're actually entertaining the thought. Interesting.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 5:31 pm

I agree MG, I was surprised by his Brad Whitford's answer, but I can not imagine these guys really continuing without Steven Tyler, that would be like The Stones without Mick Jagger, unthinkable.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 7:07 pm

manny wrote:
I agree MG, I was surprised by his Brad Whitford's answer, but I can not imagine these guys really continuing without Steven Tyler, that would be like The Stones without Mick Jagger, unthinkable.

Or KISS without Ace..... hey wait a minute!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 9:41 pm

After 40 years? I'd have a hard time thinking they'd try a different singer. It goes without saying it wouldn't work.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:21 am

The only way a new singer would work would be if they toured under a different name. Don't call it Aerosmith. Call it "Permanent Vacation" or something.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:26 am

Sounds like Tyler needs a reality check. None of those guys are as great apart as they are together. Perry's solo stuff is good, but none of it as great as the best Aerosmith. Big heads, egos and rock star attitudes aside, the chemistry of the band is not the same without Tyler in the picture. Of course, none of those guys really have to do anything for the rest of their lives. They are all rich. They are all legends. Perhaps it's just time to hang it up.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:34 am

Aside from Joe, has Brad (aside from the Whitford/St. Holmes thing), Tom or Joey ever recorded or played with anyone outside of Aerosmith? What do those guys do during all this down time? They seem to keep pretty low profiles.

Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 4:55 pm

agreeing with scott! aerosmith had their run! they had their fame! maybe its time to put their "toys in the attic" and keep them there! love the band but,steven looked so horrible in those pictures.i mean,if he doenst get healthy! that said heres praying my favorite thrash metal band stays around for a long long time! with faith and healthy living,scott and the boys will be rawking for a good long while! yea!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 12:51 pm

Steven Tyler is in rehab dealing with an addiction to painkillers.The frontman, though, has issued the following statement which suggests he still regards himself as a member of Aerosmith:
“With the help of my family and team of medical professionals, I am taking responsibility for the management of my pain and am eager to be back on the stage and in the recording studio with my bandmates Joe Perry, Joey Kramer, Tom Hamilton and Brad Whitford.”
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:37 am

Aerosmith need to get a grip, they are talking about replacing Steven Tyler!!!!

Aerosmith are still insisting that Steven Tyler has no future with them.
Talking to the Globe And Mail, guitarist Joe Perry also said that the band will go for someone with a proven track record to replace Tyler.
“I think it would make more sense, with a band like Aerosmith, to get somebody who the fans might recognise. There’s no sense going out there and being an Aerosmith clone band.
“In order for both parties to get something out of this, to move things along musically, it’s important to get somebody who’s a legitimate headliner on their own.”
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:39 am

Does Joe have Ripper Owens' phone number? Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:42 am

Wow, I thought that maybe the rest of the band was just talking about replacing Steven just to kind of strong-arm him into rehab. I guess they were serious.

Quote :
“In order for both parties to get something out of this, to move things along musically, it’s important to get somebody who’s a legitimate headliner on their own.”

So let the speculating begin. Who's gonna step up to Steven's scarf-draped microphone? A legitimate headliner? That narrows down the field quite a bit, wouldn't you say?

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:26 am

manny wrote:
Aerosmith need to get a grip, they are talking about replacing Steven Tyler!!!!

Aerosmith are still insisting that Steven Tyler has no future with them.
Talking to the Globe And Mail, guitarist Joe Perry also said that the band will go for someone with a proven track record to replace Tyler.
“I think it would make more sense, with a band like Aerosmith, to get somebody who the fans might recognise. There’s no sense going out there and being an Aerosmith clone band.

not again. Does the soap opera ever stop???

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:37 am

exact33 wrote:

Exactly. They all just need to shut up and work it out behind the scene before talking all kinds of garbage to the press. Nobody wants to see Aerosmith without Steven Tyler anyway. They need to realize that. They should just move forward as a new band with a new singer, obscure or not.

I have a feeling these statements are just negotiation mind games though.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:18 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Exactly. They all just need to shut up and work it out behind the scene before talking all kinds of garbage to the press. Nobody wants to see Aerosmith without Steven Tyler anyway. They need to realize that. They should just move forward as a new band with a new singer, obscure or not.

I have a feeling these statements are just negotiation mind games though.

whatever it is, it is past the point of absurdity.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:23 pm

This is absurd, when the Rolling Stones in the mid 80's where going thru this infighting, after a few jabs in the press, not once did Keith Richards tell the press that where going to replace Mick Jagger, if anything behind the scenes they privatley worked out.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:24 pm

manny wrote:
This is absurd, when the Rolling Stones in the mid 80's where going thru this infighting, after a few jabs in the press, not once did Keith Richards tell the press that where going to replace Mick Jagger, if anything behind the scenes they privatley worked out.

Keef went out and recorded a solo cd that made Jagger wise up.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:35 pm

exact33 wrote:
manny wrote:

Also didn't help that Jagger's solo album 'Primitive Cool' was a commerical flop.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:36 pm

manny wrote:
exact33 wrote:
manny wrote:

Also didn't help that Jagger's solo album 'Primitive Cool' was a commerical flop.

you are correct. None of Jagger's solo stuff even came close to popularity that Keef's solo stuff did.

JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:22 pm

stepcousin wrote:
The top photo looks like Julia Roberts in about 20 years.

Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 201269

Is that her Grandson?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:55 pm

exact33 wrote:
manny wrote:
exact33 wrote:
manny wrote:

you are correct. None of Jagger's solo stuff even came close to popularity that Keef's solo stuff did.

While Joe's solo material ain't exactly setting the world on fire, I'd bet the farm it's 1000 times better than any solo work Steven will put out. Joe still wants to rock. I see Steven going the pop route, grasping for relevency.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:10 pm

That Julia Comment cracked me up sad thing is I can see it.....

He does look very rough he better get cleaned up and healthy before something happens where there wont be an Aerosmith anymore....
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:22 pm

Tyler looks like death warmed over...... (Just like Phil Moog of UFO...) but I'm left wondering if his daughter Liv has been in contact with her father....

Alcoholism is an evil that millions struggle with, but it seems our society just keeps on indulging..... sad....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aerosmith members "on strike!"
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next