Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aerosmith members "on strike!"

Go down 
+31
snooloui
Gilbert
Temple of Blood
rattpoison
Eyesore
mr.electric39
Addy
JBall_Z
exact33
jerseyultifan+
Fat Freddy
Chairman_Smith
Lurideath
Glenn Rogers
Wargod
325ad
mez
nevermore
sam
Troublezone
MetalFRO
the sentinel
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Cliffy
mc666
A Handful of Wayne
manny
MetalGuy71
stepcousin
ultmetal
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Aerosmith members "on strike!" Empty
PostSubject: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:19 am

Quote :
Aerosmith members "on strike!" 477691d53f_Tyler_08202009

Aerosmith
isn’t breaking up, but the rock ’n’ roll legends are going on strike
until lead singer Steven Tyler straightens up - and sobers up,
according to band sources.

“Truthfully, he’s a liability for the
band,” one source told the Track . “He’s uninsurable because of all the
accidents and cancelled dates.”

Steven, 61, who had been the
poster boy for the 12 steps, has fallen off the wagon hard and was
partying like a teenager at the 69th Annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in
South Dakota where he fell off the stage during a show, we’re told.

As
you know by now, the Bad Boys of Boston had to scrap their summer tour
last week after Tyler’s fall, which left the frontman with a broken
left shoulder and 20 stitches in his head.

Since the Sturgis
drama the frontman hasn’t picked up the phone to call his longtime
bandmates Joe Perry, Tom Hamilton, Joey Kramer and Brad Whitford,
sources said.

Instead, we hear, Tyler’s new management company,
Union Entertainment Group, dispatches health updates and other Steven
news via e-mail to the band’s longtime managers Howard Kaufman and
Trudy Green .

(Steven’s manager John Greenberg at UEG didn’t return e-mails yesterday seeking comment.)

“Everyone
is very worried about him,” said another source who wished to remain
anonymous. “All of this didn’t happen overnight. Sturgis was just the
final straw.”

So now, Tyler’s bandmates have decided to go on
strike from working on their final album for Sony until Steven is
“sober and gets healthy,” sources told the Track.

The tough love comes a week after a YouTube video was posted of a frail Tyler making a purchase at Pembroke Center Liquors .

But
the real scary part of the packie run was the photo that showed the
cadaverous singer posing with a fan while wearing a sling and what
looked like a pair of Johnny Depp’s Willie Wonka shades.

The
frightening photo of the father of four was quite the talker on the
Internet where, you know, people are so polite and respectful . . .

“Steven
is delusional if he thinks the band is going back into the studio this
fall,” said one of our Aerospies. “It’s not happening.”

In other words, Dream On, Steven.

Other
F.O.T.s think that Tyler, who took up with now-former Live Nation tour
accountant Erin Brady after his 17-year marriage busted up, has
surrounded himself with sycophants and other hangers-on who “think
they’re going to cash in on this guy.”

“The band fears he’s
going to end up broke,” said the source, adding that Tyler was talked
into selling his publishing company for $20 million a few months ago.

Aerosmith members "on strike!" 4ca1b0cea2_Tyler_08152009

Tyler’s
frail bod has taken many a blow over the past year. The summer tour,
which kicked off June 10 and was supposed to wrap up Sept. 16, seemed
to be medically cursed.

Steven had a sore leg muscle forcing the
cancellation of seven shows in July. (Over the past year, he’s been
treated for pneumonia and went into rehab in May 2008 when he got
hooked on painkillers after foot surgeries.)

But Tyler hasn’t
been the only member of Aerosmith beset by poor health this year.
Bassist Tom Hamilton, who has been battling cancer, had to leave the
summer tour for “noninvasive surgery.”

And guitar man Brad
Whitford missed seven shows after surgery for an injury he suffered
after hitting his head exiting his Ferrari.

So, as ever, do stay tuned.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:28 am

The top photo looks like Julia Roberts in about 20 years.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:38 am

Hmmmm, usually where there is smoke, there is fire, but that article sounds a little too forced or based on rumors and speculation. Too many quotes attributed to "un-named sources".

I'd wait till I heard an actual quote or statement from one of the band members before I'd read too far into this story.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:21 pm

I hope that this story is not true.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:27 pm

I almost threw up my grilled stuffed chicken borrito after I saw that first pic. DAMN!

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:03 pm

boy, he looks rough...

Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:35 pm

That first pic looks like Janice Dickinson

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:56 pm

Aerosmith is sad. Crying or Very sad

Cliffy wrote:

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:42 pm

Tyler is looking scary these days.....
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:31 pm

affraid at Steven Tyler. Poor dude.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:58 am

Cliffy wrote:

LOL! I was thinking a younger Joan Rivers...

Seriously, though, I really hope he gets back on track. Not necessarily for Aerosmith's sake (though a new album of quality rock would be nice...), but for his own health. He beat the crap out of himself for so many years w/ drugs & alcohol that he is the LAST person who should be indulging in that stuff, even the occasional drink. Addiction doesn't go away, it's just managed over time. Hopefully he'll get cleaned up again & get back on the path of sobriety so he can be healthy again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:45 am

Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler has denied that fallen off the wagon caused him to fall off the stage.

Tyler told Rolling Stone that he was “as sober as you can be” while discussing the tumble, which happened at an Aerosmith gig in South Dakota.
Tyler, who suffered a busted shoulder in the incident, was asked by Rolling Stone:
What happened that night?
I don’t really know. There was a torrential downpour and the guys [at the campground] said: “Look, it’s still slippery.” I watched myself on YouTube, and it could have been my knee buckling or any ankle. The last thing I remember before I hit the ground was people grabbing for me, but they couldn’t reach me because of the barricade. At any other Aerosmith show I probably would’ve been caught and thrown back on to the stage — naked and without jewelry [laughs]. I stood up and couldn’t raise my arm and knew I’d broken something.
Care to comment on that clip of you in a liquor store?
Oh, Jesus Christ. A good friend of mine and Joe’s — the brother of the guy who works on my house, my housekeeper — passed away. I was at the funeral. And after the funeral, they’re Italian and had a feast at the house, a wake, and I stopped at the liquor store and paid for the booze. I did not buy any for myself. It was never proven that I did. Some kid whipped out a phone and took a picture. Anything to sell papers. It was for the wake. I would do it over and over a million times.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:49 am

Aerosmith members "on strike!" 477691d53f_Tyler_08202009

WOW... He looks terrible! Shocked

He looks like Joan Rivers and Johnny Depp's (wonka) lovechild.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 11:14 am

that sucks, Steven looks like something that crawled out of rock 'n' roll hell.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25910

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:35 pm

Cliffy wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:53 pm

He certainly doesnt look dressed for a funeral. Either way if he is off the wagon, best of luck, if he is sober then take your time, work stuff out with the band if there are issues and get back in that studio!!!

So glad I at least got to see them live this year Smile
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 5:39 pm

I Believe this to be false! As a member of Aeroforce One, I received a message from Tyler stating that "All is good with the band, I just spoke to all of the other band members Saturday night, I wanted to give them my health update, the healing is progressing along. I also want to clear up the misconception that I am the band leader! What the! The band has no leader. As far as our money as a band we split it evenly and there is never enough for any of us! LOL" Signed Steven
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 5:28 pm

Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry has told MTV News that the band is effectively off the road while he continues to focus on promoting his new solo album, "Have Guitar, Will Travel."
"Well, from where I sit, and from the latest I have heard from the other guys ... I talk to the three guys probably every week or 10 days or so, because we have a couple of gigs left to do. We're gonna be on indefinite hiatus, I think, at this point," Perry said. "We need some time apart. For myself, it's worked out great, because I've got this project going, and I'm getting all kinds of offers to do things I would normally have to turn down. ... Being in charge of the ship, I can say, 'Well, we're not going to work that night. I'm gonna go do this show.'
"I think that Aerosmith needs some time apart to get back into the same headspace of making the record," he continued. "We need to do a great studio record, and I want to do with an A-list producer. ... I think we need some space at this point. That's from me. You'll have to ask everybody else and ask Steven [Tyler, vocals] what he thinks, but that's where I'm at."
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 7:18 pm

Well that's to bad he fell of the wagon and from AA usually getting back is even harder. I know I have friends who have never came back to AA. As far as the music goes there hasn't been a good album from them since the 80's IMO!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:58 pm

Joe Perry sounds really pissed! Here is the latest from Aerosmith, :

Recording sessions for Aerosmith's 15th studio album were initially scheduled before the band's recent ill-fated tour, but have now been pushed back indefinitely while various members concentrate on solo projects. Guitarist Joe Perry is clearly frustrated at this shift in Aerosmith's established routine.
"Steven [Tyler, vocals] really wants to go off and do some other projects," Perry shrugs. "But if Aersomith want to be viable and deliver to the fans what should be delivered, we need to do a studio record with some new material and do a tour behind it. That would have been standard operating procedure until about six years ago. I know he loves to play live in front of Aerosmith, or at least I know that's what he used to love to do. But I guess now he wants to do other things, which is fine as long as it's planned out, so the rest of the band can plan their lives around it."
Read the entire article in The National here.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:00 pm

Sounds like Joe, out promoting his new album, keeps getting asked the same question "What's up with Aerosmith/Steven Tyler? " over and over and a little more truth keeps leaking out with every interview.

Look back to when this all first started with Steven's fall off the stage, Joe was pretty level-headed and vague about the future. As this has progressed, you can see that Joe is clearly annoyed with recent developments and there is more to this.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:04 pm

I love Aerosmith and if Steven Tyler is thinking of going solo, I will then ask him to look at Mick Jagger's solo career.

The albums got a lot of press but Jagger fans (expect die hard fans like myself) where not interested in hearing Jagger outside of the Stones.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:23 pm

Scott, need you address...Thanks
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:26 pm

manny wrote:
I love Aerosmith and if Steven Tyler is thinking of going solo, I will then ask him to look at Mick Jagger's solo career.

The albums got a lot of press but Jagger fans (expect die hard fans like myself) where not interested in hearing Jagger outside of the Stones.

I'd be very leary of a solo album from Steven as well. He seems like that kind of guy that would stray too far from the Aerosmith formula that people would want to hear. Nothing wrong with trying to be different from your normal material, that's what solo albums are for. But I just don't get the sense that it would rock at all. He'd intentionally go off the deep end to make sure it didn't sound like an Aerosmith record.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:40 pm

Well these guys have really gotten soft over the past 15 years. Almost a Bon Jovi type. They need to heavy it up again and kick some ass like the old days!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith members "on strike!"   Aerosmith members "on strike!" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aerosmith members "on strike!"
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next