Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pretty Maids

Go down 
+30
sharatan777
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
Wrecked Neck
the sentinel
SlaytanicPOWER
Orion Crystal Ice
stormspell
A Handful of Wayne
Gilbert
Lionheart™
kethdredd
TheDoctor'sScarf
Wargod
skullsmasher
Daybreaker
tohostudios
manny
Tall Tyrion
ultmetal
Olafsto
ghost
scottmitchell74
arttieTHE1manparty
Shiney
SAHB Healer
krokus
kmorg
mc666
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Pretty Maids - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 1:40 pm

I have the first 2 and absolutely love 'em. I will be picking up their third album this week from Ebay. I heard Future World (the song) a few years ago and actually found the cassette in a dollar bin at a local flea market and thought what the hell? I loved it upon first listen. I have always thought of them as a heavy version of Europe (musically of course). Peace. I wonder how the new one, Pandemonium, is? Peace.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:22 pm

It's fantastic! Pandemonium is the heaviest thing they've recorded for ages! VERY catchy album in a classic PM style, but withm modern production.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:26 pm

kmorg wrote:
It's fantastic! Pandemonium is the heaviest thing they've recorded for ages! VERY catchy album in a classic PM style, but withm modern production.

Better than the last one i hope, i was a bit let down by that one..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:27 pm

Yeah, I didn't like the last one at all.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:29 pm

WAY better than the last one. And I agree, that one was probably the only PM album I didnæt like the brotherpart of. The new one is probbly the best album since "Anything Worth Doing is Worth Overdoing".

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 3:44 am

Gotta say, I've only listened to the first album, and a few random songs on YouTube. The songs I have heard are really good. I've only recently heard of this band a few years ago. Shame really, because the talent is there, to where this band should have been much bigger. Or are they bigger than I know about, and for one reason they just slipped under my radar somehow?

My own theory is they never made it because of their name. Back in the 80's you didn't have the luxury of checking out bands on the internet before you bought them. We had to rely on friends recommendations, or just sing it and buy an album because it looked good. So I'm in a record store looking for a new band to check out, and I see Possessed, and right next to it is this band called Pretty Maids. Which one do you think will ever picked nine times out of ten?

Same can be said about the band Satan. I bought them on a whim just cause I thought with a name like that, it was going to be something like Slayer or Bathory. Much to my displeasure, they were nothing like what I expected and never gave them much of a listen after my initial first spin. Love them now, but back then I thought they sounded weak and lame.

Anyways, how does Pretty Maids stack up over the years? The one album I have is decent. The few songs I've heard on YouTube were pretty damn good too. Is their whole catalogue co n insistent with the first album? Better? Worse? Worth going further? Inquiring mind wants to know. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 3:42 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Anyways, how does Pretty Maids stack up over the years? The one album I have is decent. The few songs I've heard on YouTube were pretty damn good too. Is their whole catalogue co n insistent with the first album? Better? Worse? Worth going further? Inquiring mind wants to know. Very Happy

I only owned a greatest hits comp a few years ago but honestly, it didn't do much for me and I sold it. I don't really recall much from it.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 7:20 pm

The first couple are a little more raw, they went more Euro polished after that. They're pretty consistent, to the point of being samey but if you like them, that's not a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 10:54 pm

Love these guys. Very consistent band indeed. Still need to buy their latest album.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 9:08 pm

Yeah. I have added a few more to the collection since then and only need Stripped and Planet Panic to have everything. These guys deliver consistently and have never really wavered from their melodic Metal sound.

What a trip down memory lane seeing all the old names in this thread of Metal brothers that have disappeared. Skyliner, Krokus, and Kmorg are the first few that come to mind.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 9:32 pm

I still need to pick up Planet Panic ,Wake Up To The Real World and Motherland. I think all their releases are pretty solid. Future World is their best imo.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 10:52 pm

007 wrote:
I still need to pick up Planet Panic ,Wake Up To The Real World and Motherland. I think all their releases are pretty solid. Future World is their best imo.

Motherland was the last Pretty Maids album i picked up on Amazon last year. An awesome one too headbanger

I am still behind on 4 or 5 of their releases if i recall well. But those are not easy to find. Still looking.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 2:10 am

Thinking after I finish off W.A.S.P. I'll start on these guys. Thanks for the info guys.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 9:11 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Thinking after I finish off W.A.S.P. I'll start on these guys. Thanks for the info guys.

I think you will really dig 'em.
Back to top Go down
sharatan777
Metal novice
Metal novice
sharatan777

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2019 11:00 am

I'm listening to Wake up... (finally on vinyl) right now, when I I saw this thread! Still I cannot understand why they had to include a cover of Purple's Perfect Strangers. Easily my least favorite track of the record. And how they sandwiched this between opuses like  Terminal Velocity and Another Shot Of Your Love...
Back to top Go down
Lbeis
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 8:37 am

Pretty Maids are one of my favorite bands from the 80's that most poeple don't know too much about. Future world is my favorite from them since it was the first I heard. Jump The Gun, my second favorite. They have recently released a bunch of the new (last 20 year stuff( on vinyl which I have been scooping up. I really like the Motherland Album as well.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 1:01 am

I have all the albums (thanks to former HoM member Spectrefate who sold me the rare ones at a bargain price) and Pretty Maids have become one of my favorite bands it a relatively short time. Can't say anything negative about any of their albums.

Pandamonium is my favorite album (and my first full length of theirs) and Savage Heart is my favorite song.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 2:10 am

I love Pandemonium (did I really spell that right??) but it's the only PM album that's ever done anything for me. Future World has always been a bit underwhelming.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 7:15 am

The only P.M. album I own is Future World, which I picked up used a year or two ago. It's OK but I haven't felt compelled to pick up any more of their stuff...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pretty Maids
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3