Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pretty Maids

Go down 
+30
sharatan777
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
Wrecked Neck
the sentinel
SlaytanicPOWER
Orion Crystal Ice
stormspell
A Handful of Wayne
Gilbert
Lionheartâ„¢
kethdredd
TheDoctor'sScarf
Wargod
skullsmasher
Daybreaker
tohostudios
manny
Tall Tyrion
ultmetal
Olafsto
ghost
scottmitchell74
arttieTHE1manparty
Shiney
SAHB Healer
krokus
kmorg
mc666
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Pretty Maids Empty
PostSubject: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 9:13 pm

Found out about this classic heavy metal band from the movie DEMONS for which they contribute a song to. Great movie with an even greater soundtrack, but that's another thread and another forum. Their '84 release 'Red, Hot and Heavy' is one of my favs, seriously underrated and tightly played for a debut full-length. I've also heard '87's 'Future World' which is terrific as well but this band has had a long, illustrious career with many more albums to offer that I haven't gotten around to yet. Anyone a fan of this classic band from Denmark?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

Pretty Maids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 9:59 pm

Definitely. I really like Lethal Heroes/Jump The Gun and Scream as well. Good stuff !
Back to top Go down

Pretty Maids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 10:43 pm

I have a bunch of thier stuff. The 90's albums varied, but they
stayed pretty much in the melodic metal vein. Great live band,
too. Check out "Screamin' Live" or "Live at Least". Both
have great versions of Red Hot & Heavy as the encore.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Pretty Maids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 11:16 pm

an underrated band for sure.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Pretty Maids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 1:26 pm

mc666 wrote:
an underrated band for sure.

Absolutly. I hve just about everything this band have ever released, and save for the latest disc, I don't hink they've ever let me down! Check my site for more info.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Pretty Maids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 2:46 pm

I have all their releases too. I have their first ep on two different record companies and with two diferent covers. Also have some bootlegs on vinyl. They were increible and still today they are great because i realy liked their new album.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Pretty Maids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 5:37 pm

Luv em. Didn't get onto them for a few years because their name led me to think they were a hair band. But actually they were melodic, keyboard driven hard rock, with some very driving even metallic songs. Sorta in the ballpark of JLT era Rainbow, but maybe a little heavier. I should check out some of their newer stuff.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Pretty Maids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 6:33 pm

Great melodic metal band....

Pretty Maids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 6:35 pm

My dad has Red, Hot and Heavy at his house. It's awesome. Have no idea why these guys are underrated. These guys rock!

Got the "Scream" album yesterday. These guys are like candy to my ears and it's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

Pretty Maids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 9:04 pm

Massively underrated band! I love Future World and Jump The Gun, but like all of their catalog. Carpe Diem is really good as well.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

Pretty Maids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 9:08 pm

if anyone is interested, I have "Lethal Heroes" on my tradelist.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Pretty Maids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 9:19 pm

What currently up and running bands do these guys sound like - remind people of?? Thanks!
Back to top Go down

Pretty Maids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 9:31 pm

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

Pretty Maids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 8:59 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
What currently up and running bands do these guys sound like - remind people of?? Thanks!

I would compare them with bands like Victory, Stormwitch, Europe, Skid Row and Great White.
Back to top Go down

Pretty Maids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 9:34 am

In all honesty, they remind me of a blend of Judas Priest & Def Leppard...heavy, straight up Metal at times then super-melodic & hook-filled others...within the same album...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Pretty Maids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 12:28 pm

I take back my lukewarm thought of the latest album. It rocks too!!!!! The production is a bit thin, but the melodies are awesome!

Pretty Maids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 12:29 pm

Pretty Maids are a very reliable, consistent band...
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Pretty Maids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 2:48 pm

Great band!
Always a sure buy, they have never let me down.
Love the vocals and melodies!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

Pretty Maids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 3:01 pm

ghost wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

I would compare them with bands like Victory, Stormwitch, Europe, Skid Row and Great White.

Yeah, I'd say Skid Row and Great White. Vocal styles totally distinct.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Pretty Maids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 3:09 pm

I actually didn't become a fan of this band until I heard Hammerfall's cover of "Back to Back".

Pretty Maids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 7:10 am

Love PRETTY MAIDS...been cranking Carpe Diem and Future World for the last couple days...love it! Great blend of Metal and Melodic Hard Rock...
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Pretty Maids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:38 am

Future World is a classic. For a long time, I thought they had two different lead singers. Lethal heroes was solid as well, but I haven't kept up with them. I have heard Carpe Diem, and liked it.

One of the few bands that push keyboards out front in the mix and yet still retain a heavy sound.
Back to top Go down

Pretty Maids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:43 am

I like how they use keys as texture, not as a lead instrument...
Back to top Go down

Pretty Maids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:00 am

i love only a couple of tracks from red,hot...and from anything worth doing....i never liked the whole merry maids thing....denmark had better bands that never made it 'cause they refused to sacrifice their music for the dirty dollar....
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Pretty Maids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:09 am

I will check them out along with Malice, I have lots of metal reference books at home and never see these two bands (actually add Icon to that list) ever mentioned so when I get home from work I will go on YouTube and look them up and songs you can suggest I look up for the Pretty Maids
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pretty Maids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pretty Maids
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next