Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pretty Maids

Go down 
+30
sharatan777
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
Wrecked Neck
the sentinel
SlaytanicPOWER
Orion Crystal Ice
stormspell
A Handful of Wayne
Gilbert
Lionheartâ„¢
kethdredd
TheDoctor'sScarf
Wargod
skullsmasher
Daybreaker
tohostudios
manny
Tall Tyrion
ultmetal
Olafsto
ghost
scottmitchell74
arttieTHE1manparty
Shiney
SAHB Healer
krokus
kmorg
mc666
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Pretty Maids - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:14 am

manny, the whole "Future World" album (escpecially the title track) is killer. You should dig it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:16 am

spectrefate wrote:
manny, the whole "Future World" album (escpecially the title track) is killer. You should dig it.

Agreed.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:23 am

Thanks guys for the tip will be checking them out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 12:12 pm

On their Wikipedia article they are said to be a mix of Europe and
Helloween. I agree with that, but the vocalist is pretty unique in his
differing styles. Here are a few from their Future World album for the
uninitiated.

Hopefully those work, I can't see Youtube at my job.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 12:27 pm

I can see Future World and Love Games, but there is a big space between them with no video. scratch

How many eighties bands could have songs called Rodeo and Yellow Rain and still end up sounding that tough?

None. None else, that's who.

The vocals are a big part of that. Very unique the way he crosses over between the two styles so fluidly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 12:34 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
I can see Future World and Love Games, but there is a big space between them with no video. scratch

Hell, that's good enough. I hate fighting with those youtube codes on here.
Back to top Go down
Daybreaker
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:34 pm

Pretty Maids are one of my all time favorite bands in the world. Their blend of Melodic Rock and metal is orgasmic. If they come anywhere in the US I WILL be there.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 9:50 am

I discovered this band when their self titled EP came out. I had been reading about them in Kerrang magazine and they sounded like they would rock. They haven't let me down, a very good band. I wish I had more of their music though, the major music stores quit carrying their music years ago in my area so it became more difficult to find their stuff. I thought they had disbanded shortly after Future World came out. Thanks for bringing this band back to my attention, going to have to find some of their newer music now. I never thought they sounded like Europe though.
Back to top Go down
Daybreaker
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 1:17 pm

Get the Japanese bonus track to Spooked "A Love And A Fiction" The best Pretty Maids song never to be readily available. However, it has been reissued on various packagings of Alive At Least and First Cuts And Then Some if it helps.

A Love And A Fiction... get it!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 11:58 pm

Yes a very good band that has been over looked and underated!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 11:55 am

Wargod48 wrote:
Yes a very good band that has been over looked and underated!

Wargod48

Plus they've never been given their proer due...or thier just desserts...or any credit....and I'm pretty sure they never got any accolades.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 1:01 pm

NEW PRETTY MAIDS!!!!! Pretty Maids - Page 2 11840

http://www.melodicrock.com/showcase/prettymaids-pandemonium.html
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 1:06 pm

They were awesome on the Demons soundtrack. Definitely a great band whose work I've been meaning to acquire.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 3:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Lionheartâ„¢
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 3:38 pm

One of the best, and most consistent metal bands ever. Ronnie Atkins is a chameleon with his voice, being able to go from heavy/aggressive/gruff to clean melodic singing from one song to another.

They are one of the few bands that have never released a bad album. I have them all and look forward to getting this new one. The new single sounds great...4 years has been far too long.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 4:09 pm

I like that new song.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 5:22 pm

Very good band. Had the opportunity to see them live once.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 7:17 pm

the new song sounds great cant wait to pick the new one up. Sounds a little bit like Def Leppard though, but in a good way.

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:34 am

This new album ROCKS!! Classic Pretty Maids and, IMO, the band's best since Anything Worth Doing...
Back to top Go down
Lionheartâ„¢
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:06 pm

S wrote:
This new album ROCKS!! Classic Pretty Maids and, IMO, the band's best since Anything Worth Doing...

Agreed, even though I quite like Carpe Diem and the prior two before it were solid as well. This new one just smokes though with some unbelievably great songs like I.N.V.U., Little Drops From Heaven and the Charles Manson murder song, Cielo Drive. This has solidly placed Pretty Maids back in to one of my favorite bands ever as they were back in the late 90's/early 00's.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:29 pm

I've heard another song from the new one on Youtube. This is definately sounding fantastic.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:44 pm

Good band, Jump the Gun is a monster of an album!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:55 pm

Pretty Maids are cool, but yeah it's gotta be the name. Unfortunately. What does that tell you about listeners? Of course, I've held off on listening to a band or two before because of a strange name, so what do I know. Of course, if the record companies aren't prepared to properly promote a band called that, then.. *facepalm*

I always thought the old stuff sounded like Royal Hunt before Royal Hunt. And everybody likes Royal Hunt and they also have a strange name.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 11:38 am

The new one is the heaviest from them in a looooooooooooong time. VERY good album!

Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 11:48 am

P-R-E-T-T-Y

MAIDS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Maids   Pretty Maids - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pretty Maids
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next