Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pretty Boy Floyd

Go down 
+8
Glower
brokentulsa
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Fat Freddy
krokus
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Shiney
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Pretty Boy Floyd Empty
PostSubject: Pretty Boy Floyd   Pretty Boy Floyd Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 5:12 pm

I was cranking these guys today. Anyone here like this glam metal band? They never really hit it big like a lot of the Hollywood strip bands did, but they are just as good as the best of them IMO!

They have a real 'rough' edge that I like.

Any other fans?
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Pretty Boy Floyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Floyd   Pretty Boy Floyd Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 5:17 pm

Love the PBF.....

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Pretty Boy Floyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Floyd   Pretty Boy Floyd Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 6:11 pm

I used to have them on cassette way back in the day. Pretty Boys With Electric Toyz I believe it was.

There was a hot rumor going around back then that the band members didn't play a single note on that album. It was all studio guys with just the lead singer doing vocals. It was around the same time as the whole Milli Vanilli debacle and we wondered if a "metal" band could get away with that and PBF's name came up. Who knows if it was true, but it was fun to think it.
Back to top Go down

Pretty Boy Floyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Floyd   Pretty Boy Floyd Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 7:56 pm

Leather boyz is a glam classic, maybe my second fav only to Tigertailz
- Yound and Crazy. After the debut, though, they keep changing
members on a weekly basis and every thing since as been just
"ok". What iritates me though, is all the crappy Perris stuff
they have put out to make a buck. Bad sound quality, demos,
poorly picked shows to gleen tunes from, etc.

Last edited by on Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Pretty Boy Floyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Floyd   Pretty Boy Floyd Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 8:08 pm

I don't have their debut, but a friend of mine did back in the day. That was the only album they released as far as I know. Then they got back together and have released several. I don't have any of their studio albums.

But I recently picked up "The Ultimate" at Hastings. Basically it's an album of rare and unreleased stuff. Demo stuff, etc.

I really like it! It took a bit for me to warm up to it though, as some of the production isn't that great. But it's really grown on me. Great garage days type stuff. Now I'm gonna have to track down all their studio stuff.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Pretty Boy Floyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Floyd   Pretty Boy Floyd Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 10:12 pm

Thumbs down from me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Pretty Boy Floyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Floyd   Pretty Boy Floyd Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 6:26 am

Love LEATHER BOYZ....very much too. One of my top 10 glam metal albums ever.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Pretty Boy Floyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Floyd   Pretty Boy Floyd Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 11:51 am

Shiney wrote:
Love the PBF.....

I'd rather have a PB & J. Smile

Seriously, never cared for these guys much. The only PBF related CD I ever owned was a Ramones tribute album called FOR THOSE ABOUT TO SNIFF SOME GLUE, WE SALUTE YOU, which was apparently a one-man project with all the instruments and vocals performed by PBF's Kristy "Krash" Majors. It was awful. sick
Back to top Go down

Pretty Boy Floyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Floyd   Pretty Boy Floyd Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 3:22 pm

One thing I like about this band - they are fun!!!
Back to top Go down

Pretty Boy Floyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Floyd   Pretty Boy Floyd Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 7:44 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Thumbs down from me.

Ditto.They suck.
Back to top Go down

Pretty Boy Floyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Floyd   Pretty Boy Floyd Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 7:48 pm

Yeah, they're not for everyone.
Back to top Go down

Pretty Boy Floyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Floyd   Pretty Boy Floyd Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 7:56 pm

blackieboy wrote:
Yeah, they're not for everyone.

...if you like em' more power to ya.Just not my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Pretty Boy Floyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Floyd   Pretty Boy Floyd Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 4:56 pm

IronAge wrote:
...if you like em' more power to ya.Just not my cup of tea.

QFT.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Pretty Boy Floyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Floyd   Pretty Boy Floyd Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 6:21 am

New PBF next month. Sounds killer! Back to their roots!

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Pretty Boy Floyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Floyd   Pretty Boy Floyd Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 1:12 pm

Sounds awesome! I will most likely get this... I have always been a fan of these guys and I have several of their albums...
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

Pretty Boy Floyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Floyd   Pretty Boy Floyd Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 3:22 pm

Bought PBF Toyz CD for 22 bucks. I’ve always heard the band’s name kicked around here and there.
Wow. Like Faster Pussycat, Hanoi Rocks and Poison’s first album. Astounding !
Top notch 1989 captured recording. What a glorious way to end the 80’s metal scene in L.A.
First listen and I’m immediately wondering why they weren’t bigger ? Of course, Grunge entered.
If this came out In 1983 - they would of been stars. Forerunners became famous. Coat tails - everyone else.
I heard one Typical earth year - is actually 3 1/2 metal years. Like dog years. Lol.
Some bands unfortunately missed being heroes by being a year too late to the party - I’m convinced of that.
Glad someone recorded these guys ! A super nostalgic summer vibe to the release.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Pretty Boy Floyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Floyd   Pretty Boy Floyd Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 9:13 pm

Glower wrote:
Bought PBF Toyz CD for 22 bucks. I’ve always heard the band’s name kicked around here and there.
Wow. Like Faster Pussycat, Hanoi Rocks and Poison’s first album. Astounding !
Top notch 1989 captured recording. What a glorious way to end the 80’s metal scene in L.A.
First listen and I’m immediately wondering why they weren’t bigger ? Of course, Grunge entered.
If this came out In 1983 - they would of been stars. Forerunners became famous. Coat tails - everyone else.
I heard one Typical earth year - is actually 3 1/2 metal years. Like dog years. Lol.
Some bands unfortunately missed being heroes by being a year too late to the party  -  I’m convinced of that.
Glad someone recorded these guys ! A super nostalgic summer vibe to the release.

Yeah! the debut is great! I had it on cassette back in HS and it was on the want list for a long time but was always well out my price range til I found a beat to hell copy for like $5 shipped from a goodwill seller on the bay about 5 years back. The title track has made it on a lot of my comps. Great pick up, my Metal brother!
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Pretty Boy Floyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Floyd   Pretty Boy Floyd Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2020 8:28 am

One of my absolute faves. I bought it as a blind buy in 7th grade after seeing an article about them in a metal mag. And I was hooked.

I saw them on the Metal Sludge tour in...2004? And then again in 2007 with Dokken.

Both shows were fun as hell.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Pretty Boy Floyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Floyd   Pretty Boy Floyd Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2020 9:05 am

I had the debut album on vinyl, 'The Electric Boyz..' and I only bought it because they had covered Motley Crue's 'Toast of the Town', I had never heard the original version by the Crue, and this was the only way I would hear the song in those pre-internet days. I dug that song but the rest, did nothing for me, maybe I will have to give it a fresh spin one of these decades.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Pretty Boy Floyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Floyd   Pretty Boy Floyd Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 5:01 am

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Pretty Boy Floyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Floyd   Pretty Boy Floyd Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 8:12 am

Though it's not as good as Leather Boyz, PBF's most recent record, Public Enemies, is a pretty good rocker too. They do recycle a lot of old demo songs from the earlier days, which have been around on comps for a while, but it is nice hearing better recorded versions of those songs.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Pretty Boy Floyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Floyd   Pretty Boy Floyd Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 8:43 pm

Canada had a PBF too Razz
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Pretty Boy Floyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Floyd   Pretty Boy Floyd Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2022 11:33 pm

Been getting into this band lately.

Ordered their debut, which is being re-released by Universal Japan (with OBI).
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Pretty Boy Floyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Floyd   Pretty Boy Floyd Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2024 3:06 pm

2 Pretty Boy bands.
I think both CDs are great.
Revisited this. Fun fun fun Metal expression.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pretty Boy Floyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Floyd   Pretty Boy Floyd Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pretty Boy Floyd
Page 1 of 1