Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"

Go down 
+20
Schbopo
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
Hamer12
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
Temple of Blood
Rex
DeathCult
Metallic Blaze
ultmetal
sam
shamgar75
Troublezone
MetalFRO
manny
Al.
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
325ad
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:15 am

Troublezone wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Ok, I've tried really hard.

I don't think it's "bad". I think the new singer, coupled w/ Jerry, sounds very good (it's not a "no Layne/no band" thing at all). Every patented AIC element seems to be in place.

It's just not connecting with me. I want to like it because I love Facelift, Dirt and Sap so much...but it just ain't happening.

Bummer.

It's their first album in a long time so maybe their next one will shake the rest of the rust off. I think this album is good but there's always room for improvement.

I suppose so...I don't know if my expectations were too high or what...it just failed to sink in.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:52 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Ok, I've tried really hard.

I don't think it's "bad". I think the new singer, coupled w/ Jerry, sounds very good (it's not a "no Layne/no band" thing at all). Every patented AIC element seems to be in place.

It's just not connecting with me. I want to like it because I love Facelift, Dirt and Sap so much...but it just ain't happening.

Bummer.

It's their first album in a long time so maybe their next one will shake the rest of the rust off. I think this album is good but there's always room for improvement.

I suppose so...I don't know if my expectations were too high or what...it just failed to sink in.

I'd say it had more of a Jerry solo album sound than anything but it always will w/o Layne...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:45 am

I'm liking it very much. One of the better new releases I've heard of 2009. If I were to assmeble a top 10 list for the year, this one would probably be in the top 5.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:27 pm

I could never get into this band.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:12 am

Bumping this old thread!

Been listening to this album alot the last few days.Great album,man every song is good.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:14 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Bumping this old thread!

Been listening to this album alot the last few days.Great album,man every song is good.

I just listened to it again not long ago and it still sounds good to me. I had my doubts with the new guy, but he blended in quite nicely. Looking forward to hearing more from these guys soon.

Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:05 pm

"Check My Brain" still receives regular spins on the local "rock" station up here in the Pacific NW, but then again seems the station tends to ONLY play Soundgarden, Nirvann, Jimmy Hendrix and AIC. (?)

On topic: the album is good and "Check My Brain" is VERY radio freindly and sounds like an old b-side.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 2:13 pm

I have to say that it took a while, but I finally "get" this album. It'll never be a favorite, but it's still really good. I heard they were working on a new album, so sign me up...

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4