Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"

Go down 
+20
Schbopo
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
Hamer12
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
Temple of Blood
Rex
DeathCult
Metallic Blaze
ultmetal
sam
shamgar75
Troublezone
MetalFRO
manny
Al.
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
325ad
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 7:54 am

I gotta admit that this is an awesome album. Not something I would have normally picked up, but I'm very glad I did. They have managed to keep the same atmosphere from the earlier works. The album is just as "fast" as any other AIC album. I don't know why people think it is too slow.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 8:56 am

SpectreFate wrote:
I gotta admit that this is an awesome album. Not something I would have normally picked up, but I'm very glad I did. They have managed to keep the same atmosphere from the earlier works. The album is just as "fast" as any other AIC album. I don't know why people think it is too slow.

Cool - I think I will pick this one up!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 10:17 am

I'm hoping to sneak out at lunch today and pick this one up. If not, I'll definately get it this weekend.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 3:49 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm hoping to sneak out at lunch today and pick this one up. If not, I'll definately get it this weekend.

Got the 2nd to the last copy of the regular digi version at Best Buy today. They still had a few of the deluxe versions for sale, but only 2 digi-packs left.

First impression? Sounds like Alice in Chains to me. Slow, doomy, depressing. Everything I like in AiC.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 6:52 pm

whats in the deluxe version? I got mine from Newbury comics and I got the digipack version but I didnt know there was a deluxe version

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 6:59 pm

The deluxe version comes with Onions, Peppers, and Ham.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 7:41 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

But is the music any better? New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_razz

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 8:52 pm

I just picked it up today (along with the new Skynrd), I'll probably give a listen tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:34 pm

I got my copy today and it is better than i expected! This is now my favorite album of 2009. Jerry's songwriting is definately still there. Nice and doomy!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:36 pm

Quote :
They have managed to keep the same atmosphere from the earlier works. The album is just as "fast" as any other AIC album. I don't know why people think it is too slow.

Well said.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:39 pm

I've only heard the song "Check my Brain" on the radio, and I love it! It's got the same dark, plodding vibe of vintage AIC, but with a distinctly "new" sound to it. Another album I really need to get.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:44 pm

I've heard two songs from the new album so far, and they aren't too bad.

I don't 'hate' it to be honest. I actually like it WAY better than the new Megadeth.

But having said that, I doubt I'll buy it. There is just soo much else I need instead.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:46 pm

Schbopo wrote:
I've only heard the song "Check my Brain" on the radio, and I love it! It's got the same dark, plodding vibe of vintage AIC, but with a distinctly "new" sound to it. Another album I really need to get.

And i detect a little bit of a Pink Floyd vibe on some of the songs with hypnotizing/dream like vocal harmonies.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 10:28 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Not a big fan of Onions and Peppers but the Ham sounds interesting. Which kind is it?

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 10:30 pm

Prosciutto.

New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Prosciutto
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 1:01 am

Alice N' Ham Hmmmm.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 9:58 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
whats in the deluxe version? I got mine from Newbury comics and I got the digipack version but I didnt know there was a deluxe version

I'm not sure if it's a Best Buy exclusive or if it's available everywhere, but the deluxe version I saw was just the cd with a t-shirt. I checked the track-listing and both appeared the same. So no extra music or dvd. Just cd & t-shirt. Oh, and onions, peppers & ham. I believe it was $19.99 on sale.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 1:04 pm

SPECTREFATE wrote:
Prosciutto.

New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Prosciutto

eh I'll pass, too salty

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 1:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

I'm not sure if it's a Best Buy exclusive or if it's available everywhere, but the deluxe version I saw was just the cd with a t-shirt. I checked the track-listing and both appeared the same. So no extra music or dvd. Just cd & t-shirt. Oh, and onions, peppers & ham. I believe it was $19.99 on sale.

Oh ok thats what I thought. The shirt looked nice but chances of it actually fitting right are slim. I only saw it available as an XL so right there its already too big. oh well i'll take the one I got with the autographs over the shirt New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 1:41 pm

I like this one too. After Dirt, AIC lost the metal influence and I lost interest. While it's not fully back (except in Last Of My Kind which musically could easily be fit into Dirt), it is there and the guitar solos of Jerry are superb. I also don't think the vocalist is bad and works just fine for me (I wasn't expecting anybody to replace Lane anyways-his voice was one of a kind).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:25 pm

When it comes to grunge, I actually prefer Nirvana.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 5:38 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
When it comes to grunge, I actually prefer Nirvana.

I prefer Nirvana to angst to. I prefer AiC to listen to.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 6:39 pm

Quote :

I like this one too. After Dirt, AIC lost the metal influence and I lost interest.

Same here. I was a big fan for the first two records but when they got softer i lost interest til around the time Jerry went solo. This new album is great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:29 am

Ok, I've tried really hard.

I don't think it's "bad". I think the new singer, coupled w/ Jerry, sounds very good (it's not a "no Layne/no band" thing at all). Every patented AIC element seems to be in place.

It's just not connecting with me. I want to like it because I love Facelift, Dirt and Sap so much...but it just ain't happening.

Bummer.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:08 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Ok, I've tried really hard.

I don't think it's "bad". I think the new singer, coupled w/ Jerry, sounds very good (it's not a "no Layne/no band" thing at all). Every patented AIC element seems to be in place.

It's just not connecting with me. I want to like it because I love Facelift, Dirt and Sap so much...but it just ain't happening.

Bummer.

It's their first album in a long time so maybe their next one will shake the rest of the rust off. I think this album is good but there's always room for improvement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next