Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"

Go down 
+20
Schbopo
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
Hamer12
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
Temple of Blood
Rex
DeathCult
Metallic Blaze
ultmetal
sam
shamgar75
Troublezone
MetalFRO
manny
Al.
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
325ad
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:42 am

Good to see they're still recording, but I have 0 interest in new stuff from them. They kinda lost me at the end of their career anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:46 am

DeathCult wrote:
Good to see they're still recording, but I have 0 interest in new stuff from them. They kinda lost me at the end of their career anyway.

Most bands from my childhood have lost me... New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:55 am

I think Jerry Cantrell is such a good writer/musician...I'm really ready to hear this whole album...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 12:16 pm

Yea, I'm really looking forward to this one too. When they first appeared on the scene, I hated them, along with any and all Seattle/grunge music. Then when my old roommate got into them and played them non-stop, it finally sunk in.

While I've since lightened up on my distaste or any and all things from Seattle (except Starbucks), AiC are the one band I really enjoy. I recently burned their discography to my home computer and have been listening to them allot in anticipation.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 2:32 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I think Jerry Cantrell is such a good writer/musician...I'm really ready to hear this whole album...

I agree. Even when Layne was alive my favorite part of the band was Jerry's guitar playing. For me it was always the selling point.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 2:29 pm

Whole album is streaming at this location:

http://www.alice-in-chains.net/
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:17 pm

[quote="sam"]Whole album is streaming at this location:

http://www.alice-in-chains.net/[/quote]

Whoever likes this needs to go listen to some Manowar and clean your ears out!

New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_razz

New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Lmao

New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Jk
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:34 pm

Quote :

Whoever likes this needs to go listen to some Manowar and clean your ears out!

No thanks i don't want opera in my metal. New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:38 pm

Sounds great! I love the the dirgy riffs. Can't wait to buy it.

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:39 pm

[quote="Troublezone"]
sam wrote:
Whole album is streaming at this location:

http://www.alice-in-chains.net/[/quote]

Sounds great! I love the the dirgy riffs. Can't wait to buy it.

I agree, sounds excellent!
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:21 pm

Man, this is one slow boring album. Glad I listened to the stream before buying.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:01 pm

Rex wrote:
Man, this is one slow boring album. Glad I listened to the stream before buying.

Maybe it reflects the way they feel or what they went through losing Layne and it's not meant to be quick and happy.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:09 am

Maybe its just overly slow and boring? \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:13 am

It also sounds like some of my old records after I let them lie in the sun to warp.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:50 am

The more I hear this new singer, the less I like him. I thought he was OK at first but right now, I can't stand him.

I KNOW they could've found a better vocalist than this guy if they had really tried looking. Listening to live clips on YouTube, I've heard singers in cover bands sing AiC songs better than this.

I support Jerry and co. continuing with the name but they should've looked harder for a better lead singer. This guy just sounds like an amateur and a great, popular band like AiC deserves better IMHO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 12:19 pm

They were playing this at the music store yesterday and after a couple songs it got kind of boring.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 12:47 pm

I've been enjoying this album so far.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:30 pm

Yea you guys must be smoking crack. Im only up to the 5th song and so far this is better than the S/T album. Who cares if its slow. It could have been because of the mood. It sounds good either way. And the new singer either they have his voice really burried in the mix or hes barely singing on these songs cause it sounds like Jerry is singing everywhere.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:34 pm

What little I have heard of the new Alice In Chains it sounds great and I do not think the new vocalist sounds like amauter, his voice blends in well with Jerry Cantrell's.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:03 pm

I'm not saying he can't "blend in". Layne's voice was distinct and commanding, and I would expect as much from a replacement singer. Not just someone who can blend in without doing too much damage.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:05 pm

AiC is a band I have grown to love, only recently picked up any of it, I'm sure I'll get this one too. Picked up Jerry's solo album Boggy Depot last week, really diggin' it also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:06 pm

Someone wanna unload their copy before I go buy it at Walmart tonite? Smile
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 12:13 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
The more I hear this new singer, the less I like him. I thought he was OK at first but right now, I can't stand him.

I KNOW they could've found a better vocalist than this guy if they had really tried looking. Listening to live clips on YouTube, I've heard singers in cover bands sing AiC songs better than this.

I support Jerry and co. continuing with the name but they should've looked harder for a better lead singer. This guy just sounds like an amateur and a great, popular band like AiC deserves better IMHO.

I couldn't agree more about the new guy. Even hiring Chris Cornell would have been better.

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 12:17 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Yea you guys must be smoking crack. Im only up to the 5th song and so far this is better than the S/T album. Who cares if its slow. It could have been because of the mood. It sounds good either way. And the new singer either they have his voice really burried in the mix or hes barely singing on these songs cause it sounds like Jerry is singing everywhere.

Thank you! You summed it up perfect. Jerry's vocals are upfront and the new guy is added only for harmony. You're right also about the mood of the album, it's slow because of the theme of death and loss...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 12:20 am

Bring on the "slow"... i'll be buying this tomorrow. New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Headbang

Slow & Moody just like the doom bands i like. New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next