Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal

Go down 
+6
thejokeriv
manny
Lurideath
metalken
Required Fields
Wargod
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal Empty
PostSubject: Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal   Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:33 pm

Ok to those of you who had a chance to watch both of these what are your thoughts?

Well I watched Global Metal 1st. Well to me this was much more focused on countries where metal has not yet reach a peak. Where as Heabangers Journey focused on the history of it's origin and it's sub gernes.

I prefered Metal: A Headbangers Journey it got to the roots of metal. I agree on one statement metal is so huge yet so obscure to many. To some today they have not a clue it is still around. But we as the patrons who keep the metal scene is so huge to us. We have loved it since it's first days and for me it was the early 70's.
To others it was 80's or 90's and even today in the present.

Global Metal was different and had different aspects that focued more on countrie that are now just beginning to get metal out in there countries.

I could go and on but i'd like to hear your views and expression on this.
Both were good documentries but Metal: A Headbangers Journey was more precise.

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal   Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:00 pm

I have only seen Global Metal, but I loved it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal   Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:09 pm

I am of the other preference and prefer to watch Global Metal. I find that a Headbangers Journey, though very well done, did not introduce to ME anything new; while Global metal introduced a lot of new bands and places of interest. Both are excellent though.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal   Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:08 am

I prefer Global Metal by far. Awesome movie that opened me up to lots of new bands and others ways of thinking.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal   Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 7:56 am

I prefer 'Metal: A Headbanger's Journey' an interesting and scattered look at its history and influence.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal   Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:32 am

I have only seen the first one and Dunn's most recent film
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal   Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:37 am

Ive never seen Global Metal, but I did enjoy Headbanger's Journey alot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal   Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:41 am

Global metal
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal   Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:32 pm

Haven't seen Global metal. Liked the first one though.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal   Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:14 pm

metalken wrote:
I am of the other preference and prefer to watch Global Metal. I find that a Headbangers Journey, though very well done, did not introduce to ME anything new; while Global metal introduced a lot of new bands and places of interest. Both are excellent though.

I don't think that was the point of Metal: A Headbangers Journey to introduce anything but rather focus on the origins and the bands that made it what it is today. Where as Global Metal was the focus of introducing new band but I think it lacked on other countries IMO.

Maybe there will be a more indepth one focusing on other countries!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal   Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:23 pm

I've only seen Metal, so I really can't say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal   Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal: A Headbangers Journey vs Global Metal
Page 1 of 1