Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Headbangers Ball!

Go down 
+21
A Handful of Wayne
DeathCult
Troublezone
thejokeriv
outofstep
DallasBlack
Temple of Blood
7thSecond
Todd Jaymz
zombiewalkin
TheGooch
Rex
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
krokus
stepcousin
scottmitchell74
Thrasher73
mr.electric39
Wargod
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Headbangers Ball! Empty
PostSubject: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 9:36 am

Anyone watch this at all? Been watching it recently not bad the last couple weeks have been good. Last week they did nothing but Metal Blade bands in celebrating Metal Blades anniversary good stuff from the days past!

Wargod48

NP: DGM - Different Shapes
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Headbangers Ball! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 7:09 pm

I have watched but not in about 6-7 months. A pretty good division of newer stuff and a couple of "oldies".... I did get a bit tired of some of the same bands.. I first heard Dragonforce on there. that was cool.

it was a show I lost when the "money purge" occured in the crothers home.... sigh.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Headbangers Ball! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 10:01 pm

I watch it pretty much every Saturday night.It has alot of good videos on there.Although you have to sit through the ocassional crap bands.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Headbangers Ball! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 11:35 pm

Been seeing some decent bands lately. Dragonforce, Dream Evil...to name a couple....also cool to see Demon Hunter and Wicked Wisdom
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Headbangers Ball! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 2:38 am

I used to watch this alot back in the late 80's. It was great back then. Im not into the modern metal these days very much.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Headbangers Ball! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 8:52 am

I also just to watch it, but in the beginning of the 90s. It was with VANESA WARVICK(or something like that) and she was great. Was nice to see all those live reports and video clips.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Headbangers Ball! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 10:00 am

I don't have Cable TV. Don't watch enough TV to make it worth paying for, so I never see Headbanger's Ball.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Headbangers Ball! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 10:17 am

I haven't seen it in ages. I would flip by on occasion, hoping to see something cool, but would mostly see the host being all "serious and hard-core" and lame metal-core bands.

I'm a cranky old man that'll stick with VH1 Classics and remember the good-old-days. :geek:
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

Headbangers Ball! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 10:38 am

I have tried to watch the "new" Ball on occasion but there's a little too much WOOOOOAAAARRRRRRGH on it for me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Headbangers Ball! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 10:52 am

I DVR it. We usually wind up skipping through 95% of the bands on there. What REALLY irritates me is, week after week after week, they play the SAME SONGS! That's so annoying. Oh and 95% of those songs all sound like they have the same metalcore singer.
Back to top Go down

Headbangers Ball! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 7:50 pm

Honestly, I think Headbanger's Ball was better in the early days until it's cancellation in '95. When I saw its return, I wasn't all that excited. Actually, I kinda felt the urge to throw up. But when I muscled my way past the gag reflex, it wasn't ALL bad. There were still some awesome bands that I indulged myself with, and always woke up with the same bangover. Now I watch it religiously.

Thanks Headbanger's Ball

Sorry for denouncing your return

Rock On:bow:
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Headbangers Ball! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 10:59 am

i will admit i have never seen it ever as i do not have mtv

isnt jamey jasta from hatebreed the presenter though?
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Headbangers Ball! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 5:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I have tried to watch the "new" Ball on occasion but there's a little too much WOOOOOAAAARRRRRRGH on it for me. Smile

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard lol!

absolutely !!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

Headbangers Ball! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 6:34 pm

Jamey Jasta is a turd.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Headbangers Ball! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 7:43 am

too true.

he likes "oh im jamey jasta from hatebreed im so cool"
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

Headbangers Ball! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 9:05 am

Quote :
Oh and 95% of those songs all sound like they have the same metalcore singer.

Yep! Which is why I hardly watch more than 5 minutes of it.

Quote :
"oh im jamey jasta from hatebreed im so cool"

Dinna know that guy was from Hatebreed......good reason to never listen to them.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Headbangers Ball! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 9:06 am

No Jamey doesn't host anymore there are no hosts, all thought Dave Mustaine will be hosting this coming Sat.

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Headbangers Ball! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 11:13 am

now that would be something to damn well watch. oh well we cant afford sky to be able to watch mtv. nor do we need it. we do have two music channels on freeview but they are all chavvy chart smurf poo
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

Headbangers Ball! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 8:04 pm

Dispite all opinions, atleast it's better than the other 99.9% smurf poo thats on MTV at any given time haha-TJ
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

Headbangers Ball! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 11:26 pm

Can't watch it as all it would do is make me crave the days of the real Headbangers Ball. You know back when you used to see bands like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and Motley Crue on it. Gosh I used to love that show back in the day.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Headbangers Ball! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 6:12 am

man if that is what used to be on i am glad i have never seen it at the moment. by all accounts it is all metalcore

is metalcore that big in the us?
sure it is big here but not that big
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Headbangers Ball! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 7:26 am

I used to watch the original series and still have TONS of those episodes on VHS.

I can't stand metalcore so I don't watch the new show.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Headbangers Ball! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 1:51 pm

When I first became a metal head in the early 90's I watched the Ball every Saturday night (even taped some of them but unfortunatly those tapes don't exist anymore). The new Headbanger's Ball is fairly decent but does not hold up to the origional.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
outofstep
Metal novice
Metal novice
outofstep

Number of posts : 90

Headbangers Ball! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 2:14 pm

I DVR it every saturday. Like many, I end up skipping about 95% of any given episode. there's just WAAAAAAAYYYY to much crappy metalcore. Occasionally they will throw in an old classic thrash vid or two, and sometimes they play a newer video that's NOT by the flavor of the month metalcore band. I miss the glory days of the ball when rikki rachtman would go to all sorts of crazy places with the bands, like the waterpark with alice in chains, bowling with soundagarden, etc. Remember the BBQ's rikki used to have at his house? Those episodes were great!
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Headbangers Ball! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 2:27 pm

outofstep wrote:
I DVR it every saturday. Like many, I end up skipping about 95% of any given episode. there's just WAAAAAAAYYYY to much crappy metalcore. Occasionally they will throw in an old classic thrash vid or two, and sometimes they play a newer video that's NOT by the flavor of the month metalcore band.

This is exactly what I do. Unfortunately I never got to see any of the old classic episodes that everyone talks about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Headbangers Ball! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Headbangers Ball!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next