Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween

Go down 
+24
Lari
DeathCult
Rex
manny
MetalGuy71
Olafsto
Mordor
bgast1
mc666
A Handful of Wayne
Leatherface
skullsmasher
jstate
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
Stender
Smindas
tohostudios
GrandNational
Schbopo
scottmitchell74
fingers
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:51 pm

I listened to that keeper albums part 1 and 2 and I don't like their music. Ok undoutably the musicianship is very good and no they DON'T suck but what I didn't like about them I found them over the top when it comes to how cheesy they are and they are like the Dragonforce of the 80s one of the metal bands I hate the most to the point they nearly put me off heavy metal

Last edited by fingers on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:52 pm

Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:54 pm

Yes
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:58 pm

Helloween=Iron Maiden on meth.

What's not to like?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:00 pm

Something's wrong with you Laughing . Helloween is a great band, and the two albums you mentioned are killer. And no, they NOT the Dragonforce of the 80's.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:02 pm

Though Helloween is not one of my favorite bands, I like most of the albums I own by them.

You could do a lot worse in the genre IMO.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:03 pm

Yes and you should be ashamed of yourself.

But seriously, it's all subjective. If you're not big on power metal, you'd probably hate Helloween who are effectively the blueprint for the sub-genre. However, I'd say the appeal of Keepers I & II goes beyond that of power metal fans. It's heavy metal taken up a notch and whilst a tad tongue-in-cheek at times, there's a lot of brilliant song-writing prevalent on both records.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:07 pm

Calling Helloween the DF of the 80's is lunacy bro. Helloween created a subgenre...DF makes money off the that subgenre.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:07 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Something's wrong with you Laughing . Helloween is a great band, and the two albums you mentioned are killer. And no, they NOT the Dragonforce of the 80's.

I am sure Dragonforce were heavily influenced by them though but I just mean the cheesiness ok Helloween don't have 64th notes hammering on constantly like an electric drill and ye Helloween are 20 times more listenable than DF any day
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:17 pm

Stender wrote:
Calling Helloween the DF of the 80's is lunacy bro. Helloween created a subgenre...DF makes money off the that subgenre.

Great point Stender.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:52 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Yes
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:52 pm

fingers wrote:

I am sure Dragonforce were heavily influenced by them though

Take an old Helloween record, play it at 78 speed. Presto! DragonForce.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
fingers wrote:

I am sure Dragonforce were heavily influenced by them though

Take an old Helloween record, play it at 78 speed. Presto! DragonForce.

Pretty much. I can't stand Dragonforce; talk about a band that takes one song and plays it over and over until they have an album...

At least Helloween change the tempo once in awhile.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:11 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Pretty much. I can't stand Dragonforce; talk about a band that takes one song and plays it over and over until they have an album...

I love me some Helloween (as my comments in the Helloween discography thread have shown, I'm sure) but DragonForce annoy/bore the piss outta me...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:12 pm

I dig Helloween.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:17 pm

I'll admit I'm not as into Helloween as I used to be. Not even sure why exactly. I bought all the expanded editions and have really only given them one or two spins if that.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:18 pm

I like 'em.

I like Dragonforce too they are a lot of fun to watch even if they are not the most creative or original
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18928

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 11:23 pm

I'll admit that I have not come close to hearing everything they have put out over the years, but what I have heard is over all good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 12:36 am

Yes..... your crazy!

Try listening to their newer stuff. Its actually somewhat different than the Keepers stuff. Its heavier and they have a different vocalist. Listen to Gambling With The Devil, The Dark Ride, or Better Than Raw then tell us what you think.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 12:46 am

Helloween are the best at what they do. if you don't like them, that's cool. however i doubt you'll find many here who share that opinion.

fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:05 am

Alright Alright I will give them another listen I mostly only listened to keeper part 1 and according to the hype keeper part 2 is better
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:55 am

Yes
Back to top Go down
Mordor
Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:24 am

YES you are...Helloween is one of the best bands still going around. But I can see where you are coming from. I see you are only 23 right? Well most of us old farts Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween 543534 on here were blown away by Keepers 1 & 2 back in the day. To me I think it is a time thing, Keepers will always have a special place in my metal heart headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 7:45 am

Mordor wrote:
YES you are...Helloween is one of the best bands still going around. But I can see where you are coming from. I see you are only 23 right? Well most of us old farts Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween 543534 on here were blown away by Keepers 1 & 2 back in the day. To me I think it is a time thing, Keepers will always have a special place in my metal heart headbanger

Good point.
This old fart thought the same when i read the original post.
Kids these days huh Rolling Eyes
just kidding
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 7:49 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I love me some Helloween (as my comments in the Helloween discography thread have shown, I'm sure) but DragonForce annoy/bore the piss outta me...
I will forever defend Dragonforce's first album, Valley of the Damned. That is a fantastic power metal platter with enough variation to keep the listener interested. The follow up Sonic Firestorm was also good, but it was at that point you could tell they were running out of ideas. Anything after that is just one song repeated ad nauseam.

Olafsto wrote:
Mordor wrote:

Good point.
This old fart thought the same when i read the original post.
Kids these days huh Rolling Eyes
just kidding
As I keep telling you "old farts", age doesn't matter. Look at Shobopopo!

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next