Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween

Go down 
+24
Lari
DeathCult
Rex
manny
MetalGuy71
Olafsto
Mordor
bgast1
mc666
A Handful of Wayne
Leatherface
skullsmasher
jstate
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
Stender
Smindas
tohostudios
GrandNational
Schbopo
scottmitchell74
fingers
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:06 am

Smindas wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Pretty much. I can't stand Dragonforce; talk about a band that takes one song and plays it over and over until they have an album...

At least Helloween change the tempo once in awhile.

I love me some Helloween (as my comments in the Helloween discography thread have shown, I'm sure) but DragonForce annoy/bore the piss outta me...
I will forever defend Dragonforce's first album, Valley of the Damned. That is a fantastic power metal platter with enough variation to keep the listener interested. The follow up Sonic Firestorm was also good, but it was at that point you could tell they were running out of ideas. Anything after that is just one song repeated ad nauseam.

Olafsto wrote:
Mordor wrote:
YES you are...Helloween is one of the best bands still going around. But I can see where you are coming from. I see you are only 23 right? Well most of us old farts Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween - Page 2 543534 on here were blown away by Keepers 1 & 2 back in the day. To me I think it is a time thing, Keepers will always have a special place in my metal heart headbanger

Good point.
This old fart thought the same when i read the original post.
Kids these days huh Rolling Eyes
just kidding
As I keep telling you "old farts", age doesn't matter. Look at Shobopopo!

He does not count, he`s an old fart trapped in a 10 year old`s body.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:17 am

I can't see how anyone cannot like Helloween but to each their own.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 9:31 am

Sorry fingers, looks like it's just you. Not a big fan-boy here, but I enjoy their music and they've definately carved their place in metal history.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 10:16 am

I am not huge fan of Helloween, I only own one of their albums but comparing them to those closet wankers in Dragon Force is an insult.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 10:47 am

I can take em or leave em. I've never heard anything that made me flip for them.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:04 am

They're ok, after The Best, The Rest, And The Rare compilation I dont have much use for them though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:04 am

manny wrote:
I am not huge fan of Helloween, I only own one of their albums but comparing them to those closet wankers in Dragon Force is an insult.
Closet... wankers? Does that mean they're in denial about wanking or they choose to wank in a closet?

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:04 pm

Helloween is one of my favourite bands. Real awesome power metal. That certainly doesn't mean everyone has to like them though. I myself don't like two thirds of all power metal that is out there nowadays. And I probably only like maybe one metal band out of ten. That means I can still have like, what, 17,000 bands I like?
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:16 pm

DeathCult wrote:
They're ok, after The Best, The Rest, And The Rare compilation I dont have much use for them though.

Yup.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:18 pm

I love a lot of power metal so how could I not like those who pretty much invented it. No problem if you don't though, there's some nice devo albums for you to listen to.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:21 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I love a lot of power metal so how could I not like those who pretty much invented it. No problem if you don't though, there's some nice devo albums for you to listen to.

Don't knock Devo. grim reaper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:23 pm

I don't have a problem with early Helloween, but I stopped following them around the time of "I Want Out-Live". I re-listened to a couple of those albums recently but my tastes have changed too much for me to really dig them anymore.

They deserve their place in history...or infamy, depending on how you feel towards modern "power metal".
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:04 pm

I love Helloween!!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:14 am

Since we're getting off topic anyway, I just have to say I don't 'get' the Dragonforce hate. I'm no fan myself (I only ever listened to their demo back when they were DragonHeart, and it was good), but I don't see anything wrong with making it big playing power metal. They are playing quite straight forward, if ridiculously fast, power metal and that alone makes them better than 99% of the bands and artists you will ever see on TV and popular music magazines.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:23 am

Lari wrote:
Since we're getting off topic anyway, I just have to say I don't 'get' the Dragonforce hate. I'm no fan myself (I only ever listened to their demo back when they were DragonHeart, and it was good), but I don't see anything wrong with making it big playing power metal. They are playing quite straight forward, if ridiculously fast, power metal and that alone makes them better than 99% of the bands and artists you will ever see on TV and popular music magazines.

I dont dislike them because they are making money, I dislike them because they're making money even though they cant play their music.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:21 pm

I understand not liking a band, but "they can't play their music", ugh, that to me that sounds like a statement you can't back up.

I just get the feeling a lot of people don't like Dragonforce as much as they like their favourite power metal band (the same with me, I like Valley's Eve, Marshall Law and Angel Dust about a billion times more than Dragonforce), but that doesn't mean you should flat out hate them.

Again - better than 99% of the music you hear on any mainstream outlet. Prove me wrong.

Whenever I see that Dragonforce video (the name of the song escapes me), I am somewhat entertained and can't help thinking "I bet a lot of people get tuned into power metal after listening to this song".
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 6:01 am

I agree, Lari. Plus, whilst Dragonforce are a tad infamous for being drunk on stage, they're much tighter live now than they've ever been before. I've seen them 3 times now, and their set at Download this year was really quite a pleasant surprise as I was expecting very little. They certainly can play their own music, to say the least. They just need better song-writing really.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:00 pm

Love Helloween, one of my top 10 bands of all time. Count me as one who likes Dragonforce. The first two albums are the best, Inhuman Rampage is also pretty good, the last one however, bores the hell out of me (the best song was a bonus track off the special edition).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:08 pm

I'm with DallasBlack, but I even like the LAST Dragonforce.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 3:55 am

Helloween are amazing. They're a great listen. Good thing is, with "gambling with the devil", they're back in shape. Even better.

I have to admit though that they're not the kind of bands you'd like from the first listen. It took me a while before becoming a fan and purchasing all of there releases.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween   Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Am I the only 1 who doesn't like Helloween
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2