Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Helloween - The Departed

Go down 
+5
nevermore
kropotkin
Gilbert
Lari
candlemass
9 posters
AuthorMessage
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Helloween - The Departed Empty
PostSubject: Helloween - The Departed   Helloween - The Departed Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 12:07 am

Had this come out in the 80's it would've been huge, and the vid plastered all over MTV! headbanger

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Departed   Helloween - The Departed Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 2:14 am

Uli Kusch is/was a great drummer.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Departed   Helloween - The Departed Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 5:17 am

The dark ride is helloween's best album imo. Mature, dark and melodic. This is an album that i still tend to spin often. We need a new Helloween album. It is about time.
Back to top Go down
kropotkin
Metal novice
Metal novice
kropotkin

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Departed   Helloween - The Departed Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 5:36 am

Master Of The Rings/Better Than Raw in my neck of the woods.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Departed   Helloween - The Departed Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 9:59 am

Gilbert wrote:
The dark ride is helloween's best album imo. Mature, dark and melodic. This is an album that i still tend to spin often. We need a new Helloween album. It is about time.

I remember an interview w/the band in BWBK when the Rabbit lp came out, they slagged off on The Dark Ride, I think mainly cause it was not well received by the fans. Which is likely why I like it so much, I'm no "Weeny!"
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Departed   Helloween - The Departed Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 12:12 pm

Gilbert wrote:

I'm not sure if it's their best but it's up there.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Departed   Helloween - The Departed Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 4:52 pm

The Dark Ride is near the top, at least from the Deris era.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Departed   Helloween - The Departed Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 5:02 pm

I didn't like it at first (still think Better than Raw is better), but it's grown on me. Especially The Departed, it's a great song. Immortal is another catchy slow song, and I've always had this weird idea about If I Could Fly. I think a rap artist could sample it and make it into a pop hit, like Puff Daddy style. It has that beat and melody that leaves an opening for spoken parts.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Departed   Helloween - The Departed Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 7:48 pm

kropotkin wrote:
Master Of The Rings/Better Than Raw in my neck of the woods.

"Better Than Raw" gets a ton of spins in my house. And car. And truck. Lol.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Departed   Helloween - The Departed Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 8:11 pm

I like it a lot, but balk at putting it ahead of Keeper I and II.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Departed   Helloween - The Departed Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 9:44 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Really? I love The Dark Ride, but I'd put it near the bottom of the Deris-era albums (which are all pretty great).
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Departed   Helloween - The Departed Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 10:38 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Really? I love The Dark Ride, but I'd put it near the bottom of the Deris-era albums (which are all pretty great).

I find better than raw to be as good as the dark ride, but i tend to listen to the latter more. Just my personal opinion. And i still don't own keeper II...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Departed   Helloween - The Departed Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 4:29 am

Gilbert wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I find better than raw to be as good as the dark ride, but i tend to listen to the latter more. Just my personal opinion. And i still don't own keeper II...

Funny. It's a toss up between Better Than Raw and Keeper III for my favorite Helloween album. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Departed   Helloween - The Departed Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 11:46 am

Gambling is my fave of the Deris albums but most of his stuff is great.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Departed   Helloween - The Departed Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 10:17 pm

Like I said, not a "Weeny", I have Keeper I, II, III and The Dark Ride, that's it. Haven't spun III that much, as I thought it was kinda mediocre, will check it out again.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Departed   Helloween - The Departed Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 7:02 am

candlemass wrote:
Like I said, not a "Weeny", I have Keeper I, II, III and The Dark Ride, that's it. Haven't spun III that much, as I thought it was kinda mediocre, will check it out again.

People, especially older Helloween fans, hate when I say this, but I think Keeper III blows the first two away. Laughing
Back to top Go down
kropotkin
Metal novice
Metal novice
kropotkin

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Departed   Helloween - The Departed Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 7:32 pm

Eyesore wrote:
candlemass wrote:

People, especially older Helloween fans, hate when I say this, but I think Keeper III blows the first two away. Laughing

Especially The King For A 1000 Years! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Departed   Helloween - The Departed Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 9:40 am

kropotkin wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
candlemass wrote:

Especially The King For A 1000 Years! headbanger

Yup! So good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Departed   Helloween - The Departed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helloween - The Departed
Page 1 of 1