Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist? Empty
PostSubject: My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist?   My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 10:58 pm

A while back a friend of mine introduced me to a singer who just joined a band that only consists of 2 guitarists at the time. I talked to the singer and he sent me some samples of him singing and to say the least I was kind of blown away because he sounds pretty good for someone whos just learning how to sing properly. He was singing in a thrash band for a bunch of 17 year old kids, and on a side note for 17 year old kids they were unbelieveably really good at playing their instruments. I think a lot of you would be surprised. Anyway I eventually went to meet the band and have a little try out. I ended up knowing the guitar play who is actually friends with some members in my band and I even talked to him from time to time so needless to say it was a very comfortable and fun little practice that we had together and we are all looking forward to working together.

For now I would like to get some of your opinions on what you think about this singer. I have 2 songs that he did. They are both Symphony X songs since he is a huge fan of Russell Allen. The first song is one he did before his vocal training and also with the music in the background. The second song is just him singing and its more recent as of last week. The 3rd Song is another recent one thats another cover that has music So what does everyone think? Sound good or what?

Song 1
http://rapidshare.com/files/260837688/Wicked.mp3.html
Song 2
http://rapidshare.com/files/260830029/sx.wma.html
Song 3
http://rapidshare.com/files/260836350/Sunshine_Of_Your_Love.mp3.html

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist?   My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 11:05 pm

He is the singer from martyr right 🤘 . I have seen them twice and He sings good.

Good luck man, Let's hope to see around
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist?   My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:09 pm

haha no hes not the singer from Martyrd. Actually this is the band he used to be in http://www.myspace.com/konquered

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist?   My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:36 pm

Meh, I notice he's trying to copy Russell a lot. Yeah, no doubt he is a huge fan, lol.
In my opinion, he doesn't sound that great. He seriously needs some lessons because he sounds like he's constipated in many of the parts. Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist?   My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:47 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:
Meh, I notice he's trying to copy Russell a lot. Yeah, no doubt he is a huge fan, lol.
In my opinion, he doesn't sound that great. He seriously needs some lessons because he sounds like he's constipated in many of the parts. Just my two cents.

Coming from someone whos 109 years old... thats means a lot Laughing

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist?   My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:23 pm

So everyone must think this guy sucks then lol!

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist?   My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:42 pm

still better than that Phoenix Reign singer... and hotter too. You already know. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist?   My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:46 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
So everyone must think this guy sucks then lol!

He's not terrible. I'd like to hear him do original material when he isn't trying to sound like another vocalist.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist?   My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:51 pm

Yea I keep listening to what hes done and hes just a copy cat. I bet ZetaReticuli could sing better.

PostSubject: Re: My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist?   My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:53 pm

Quote :
I bet ZetaReticuli could sing better.

I'll pitch in if you 2 want to get a room.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist?   My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:55 pm

haha..... I was going to write something but it just didnt come out appropriate lol

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist?   My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:55 pm

I can't say anything until the band makes something that is theirs. What style and influences are going to be used for this band?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist?   My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:04 pm

power metal

PostSubject: Re: My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist?   My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new band project. What do you think of the vocalist?
Page 1 of 1