Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project

Go down 
+6
Witchfinder
Lari
Troublezone
mikeinfla
MetalGuy71
10 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project Empty
PostSubject: Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project   Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 2:28 pm

Megadeth bassist Dave Ellefson is releasing an album of cover tunes with multiple other musicians contributing. I'm a sucker for this sort of thing, so I'll certainly check it out. Here's some more info and the first single...

“Legendary bassist David Ellefson of Megadeth is making a new solo album, and No Cover, a collection of covers of 70’s and 80’s Rock and Metal staples, with his solo band Ellefson, including classic tracks from Twisted Sister, Def Leppard, W.A.S.P., Nazareth, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Dead Kennedys, and more.

“Ellefson, featuring Ellefson on bass, with vocalist Thom Hazaert, guitarists Andy Martongelli and Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal (Sons of Apollo, Yes, ex-Guns N’ Roses), and drummer Paolo Caridi, will be joined by a laundry list of legendary guests including Charlie Benante (Anthrax), Eddie Ojeda (Twisted Sister), Al Jourgensen (Ministry), Brandon Yeagley (Crobot), Dirk Verbeuren (Megadeth), Frank Hannon and Troy Lucketta (Tesla), Mark Slaughter, Jason McMaster (Dangerous Toys, ex-Watchtower, Evil United), Greg Handevidt (Kublai Khan, ex-Megadeth), Chuck Behler (ex-Megadeth), Gus G, John Aquilino (Icon), Doro Pesch, Dave McClain (Sacred Reich, ex-Machine Head), Dave Alvin (White Trash), Todd Kerns (Slash feat. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators), Andrew Freeman (Last In Line), Jacob Bunton (Mick Mars), Dead By Wednesday, and more TBA.””

Track List for No Cover:

01. Freewheel Burning (Judas Priest) ft. Jason McMaster, Gus G, Andy James, Dave McClain
02. Tear It Loose (Twisted Sister) ft. Eddie Ojeda, Dave McClain
03. Love Me Like A Reptile (Mötorhead) ft. Doro Pesch, Greg Handevidt, Chuck Behler
04. Holiday in Cambodia (Dead Kennedys) ft. Charlie Benante
05. Rebel Yell (Billy Idol)
06. Wasted (Def Leppard) ft. Frank Hannon, Jacob Bunton, Dave McClain, Bumblefoot
07. Riff Raff (AC/DC) ft. Jason McMaster, Dave Lombardo
08. Nailed To The Gun (Fight) ft. Andrew Freeman, Russ Parrish, Jimmy DeGrasso
09. Not Fragile (Bachman-Turner Overdrive) ft. John Aquilino
10. Say What You Will (Fastway) ft. Troy Lucketta, Mark Slaughter
11. L.O.V.E. Machine (W.A.S.P.) ft. Dirk Verbeuren, Dave Alvin
12. Love Hurts (Nazareth) ft. Brandon Yeagley, Chuck Behler, Tyson Leslie
13. Sheer Heart Attack (Queen) ft. Bumblefoot, Doro Pesch, Charlie Benante
14. Sweet FA (Sweet) ft. Todd Kerns, Bumblefoot, Shani Kimelman
15. TBA
16. TBA
17. Auf Wiedersehen (Cheap Trick) ft. Al Jourgensen, Brandon Yeagley, Charlie Benante
Bonus Track:
18. Eat The Rich (Krokus) ft. Dead By Wednesday

\'arry \'eadbanger

mikeinfla likes this post

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project   Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2020 5:17 am

Nice selection of tunes, looking forward to hearing more. Especially Say What You Will
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

PostSubject: Re: Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project   Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2020 6:18 am

Although there is an interesting selection of tunes on this, it's just not something I would ever buy.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project   Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2020 12:33 pm

I like Ellefson, but I can’t stand his business partner doing the vocals. Thom Hazmat is terrible!

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project   Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2020 8:04 am

Doro doing Sheer Heart Attack sounds like it could be worth hearing.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project   Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2020 9:35 am

Ehhhh...No.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project   Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2020 11:47 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Ehhhh...No.

Lol. Let's do a cover of one of the best vocal performances in heavy metal and have really shitty vocals. Sounds like a great plan.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project   Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 9:04 pm

Awesome that they're doing a DK cover. That's almost worth the price of admission right there.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project   Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 9:05 pm

Jason McMaster should have handled ALL the vocals on Freewheel Burnin', not just the back-up stuff. That Thom Hazmat is shite.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project   Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 9:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Jason McMaster should have handled ALL the vocals on Freewheel Burnin', not just the back-up stuff. That Thom Hazmat is shite.

It’s just a theory... but I think Ellefson made a contractual deal with Thom Hazmat. Hazmat probably had dreams of being a musician and Ellefson is using his name to make it happen. In exchange, Hazmat helped Ellefson put together his books and invested in the coffee company and the recently reactivated Combat records.

It’s like a heavy metal “can’t buy me love” scenario.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project   Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 9:01 am

Reading Thom's Wiki page and seeing the bands he's associated with in the past make me think he has no business whatsoever working with Junior. Razz

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thom_Hazaert

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project   Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 7:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Reading Thom's Wiki page and seeing the bands he's associated with in the past make me think he has no business whatsoever working with Junior.  Razz

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thom_Hazaert

Most of his past associations were with Nu-Metal bands like Limp Bizkit, Korn, Deftones, Papa Roach and Nonpoint. He has a ton of record label connections and experience, so that’s probably why Junior works with him. He’s like a built in manager/bandmate. The only problem is: he sucks! Why make solo music if your vocalist ruins it?

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project   Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2022 11:10 am

Looks like Thom Hazmat has kinda thrown old Ellefson some shade after months of silence.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/david-ellefsons-former-business-partner-explains-why-their-album-of-all-original-material-will-probably-never-see-light-of-day/

I actually had listened to this podcast before someone posted it to Blabbermouth. It was interesting. He could have given Junior some credit. Nobody plays “in the pocket” better than him. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3167

PostSubject: Re: Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project   Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2022 5:19 pm

Freewheel Burning is a disaster.
“ “ Love Hurts “ “ give me a break.
Don’t get caught with your pants down on a video !

Imagine if he did a Michael Jackson's " BEAT IT " ?

Last edited by Glower on Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12605

PostSubject: Re: Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project   Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2022 7:39 pm

Junior's live stream was a "wadcast"

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project   Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2022 8:57 pm

James B. wrote:
Junior's live stream was a "wadcast"

You said stream. Huh huh
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12605

PostSubject: Re: Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project   Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2022 11:01 am

Troublezone wrote:

You said stream. Huh huh

At his age, doubtful surprised

A good cover would have been, Nugent's "Yank Me, Crank Me"  With the cover art being similar to Metallica's,, but called "This Load Done By Hand" Laughing very hard

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project   Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2022 2:19 pm

Ellefson is a great bass player, but he really screwed himself. Literally.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project   Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2022 11:51 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Ellefson is a great bass player, but he really screwed himself. Literally.

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project   Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dave Ellefson's "No Cover" Band Project
Page 1 of 1