Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Anthrax done?

Go down 
+21
metalinmyveins
Svengo
Rex
mc666
powermacho
MetalGuy71
the sentinel
manny
Schbopo
MetalFRO
sheets
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
sam
A Handful of Wayne
akeldama
Fat Freddy
Shiney
thejokeriv
ultmetal
Troublezone
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:07 am

He's like Ricki Rachtman...every band he talks to is "one of his favorite bands"...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:17 am

detuned wrote:
mc666 wrote:
i'd be happy if John Bush rerecorded the vox for the new album. i enjoyed the albums he made with them.

Me too.

Me three!

I'd love new Armored Saint, but it's been YEARS and still nothing from the Saint camp other than a handful of gigs and rumors of a new release.

Frankly, I loved the Bush-Anthrax years and would welcome him back in a heartbeat. We Have Come for You All is great!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:19 am

ultmetal wrote:

I'd love new Armored Saint, but it's been YEARS and still nothing from the Saint camp other than a handful of gigs and rumors of a new release.

There is new Armored Saint coming (finally)... in fact, Metal Blade posted a demo MP3 of a new song on their site yesterday... there's a link to it around here somewhere in an Armored Saint thread.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:25 am

Ult wrote:

Frankly, I loved the Bush-Anthrax years and would welcome him back in a heartbeat. We Have Come for You All is great!

Agreed. headbanger
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:32 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

There is new Armored Saint coming (finally)... in fact, Metal Blade posted a demo MP3 of a new song on their site yesterday... there's a link to it around here somewhere in an Armored Saint thread.

there is also one one page back in this thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:04 am

Maybe Tim Owens should try out? 🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:16 am

Rex wrote:
Maybe Tim Owens should try out? 🤘

That would be sweet. I would totally buy an Anthrax CD with Owens on vox.

...I seem to remember Whit Crane (Ugly Kid Joe) was supposedly in the running for the slot before they found this Nelson guy... maybe they oughta give him a call. Lord knows he isn't doing anything else. lol!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:10 pm

I can't imagine any of these CDs being any good:

1. the current ANTHRAX CD w/ Nelson
2. a new ANTHRAX CD w/ Bush
3. a new ANTHRAX CD w/ Owens
4. a new ANTHRAX CD w/ Crane
5. the new ARMORED SAINT CD
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:13 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Funny I was thinking the same thing about any new Temple of Blood material.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:19 pm

manny wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Funny I was thinking the same thing about any new Temple of Blood material.

OH SNAP!!!
Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Joy
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:52 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Why not? Why would you automatically assume a new Armored Saint CD would be bad? I can understand if you didn't like the Bush years why you would assume that most anything from Anthrax with Bush, Owens, Nelson, etc. wouldn't be your cup-of-tea, but why Armored Saint? Their last two studio albums without Prichard were good metal albums IMO.

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:34 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Why not?

Because he doesn't like anything. Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 19976
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:15 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Why not? Why would you automatically assume a new Armored Saint CD would be bad?

I didn't, I heard the new song they posted. Plus, I think their whole discography is spotty.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:16 pm

detuned wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Why not?

That's news to me.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:27 am

detuned wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Why not?

I think he likes a total of maybe 10 bands in the history of recording arts. And one of them is his own band. Razz
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:44 am

Quote :
Their last two studio albums without Prichard were good metal albums IMO.

"Revalation" is my favorite Saint album next to Symbol of Salvation. Saint is still good imo and suits John Bush perfectly style wise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:56 am

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

"Revalation" is my favorite Saint album next to Symbol of Salvation. Saint is still good imo and suits John Bush perfectly style wise.

Revelation and SOS are both quite good...probably ARMORED SAINT's best material, IMO...my favorites, at least. I do love Delirious Nomad though...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:08 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Revelation and SOS are both quite good...probably ARMORED SAINT's best material, IMO...my favorites, at least. I do love Delirious Nomad though...

Pritchard wrote a lot of the music for SOS, so i give him credit for that album as well.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:23 am

Symbol of Salvation is my favorite Armored Saint, with March of the Saint coming in a close second.

Temple of Blood wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Why not? Why would you automatically assume a new Armored Saint CD would be bad?

I didn't, I heard the new song they posted. Plus, I think their whole discography is spotty.

Ahhh, got it. If you're not much of an Armored Saint fan to begin with, I suppose you wouldn't care much for new material.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:43 am

Troublezone wrote:
I think he likes a total of maybe 10 bands in the history of recording arts. And one of them is his own band. Razz

10 bands? More like hundreds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:39 pm

It just seems your first response is the new stuff probably won't be very good. You know a lot but you come across pessimistic.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:38 pm

I am looking forward to the armored saint new album, and hopefully they come to my are for a show. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm

Anthrax/Bush bound for Wacken?

http://www.bravewords.com/news/118434
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:06 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

10 bands? More like hundreds.

I was being sarcastic because of your reputation for shooting down every other band.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 2:20 pm

U.K.'s Metal Hammer magazine spoke with Anthrax guitarist Scott Ian about the departure of singer Dan Nelson. Sections from the interview follow below.
On whether Nelson was truly so ill that Anthrax had to cancel dates on their planned European tour or if that was a smokescreen for something altogether more cynical, as Nelson himself has publicly commented:
"We stand by every word in our official statement. Because all we've done is make public exactly what Dan told us. He certainly was not fired — he quit the band, and we accepted his resignation. As for those comments about being fit to go on the road, and that we pulled the tour for other reasons…since Charlie [Benante, drums] joined us in 1983, we've only ever canceled one gig. That was in Düsseldorf in 1987, when Charlie was running a really high fever, and we had to send him to London for treatment. When we didn't make it onto the plane to go to Sweden recently, to start our European run of dates, it went against every molecule in my body, and the same goes for the rest of the band."
"As a band, we learned a long time ago that in these situations, it's always best to tell the truth, If you lie, then it comes back to bite you in the ass. That's why we were careful at every step to put things exactly the way Dan had told them to us. Why has he changed his story now? I can only assume it's to save his own skin, and to avoid being seen as the bad guy. I can't say that I blame him. But we have absolutely been completely truthful."
Discussing our very own Eddie Trunk's suggestion that there was friction off stage between the band and Nelson at the recent Rocklahoma festival in Pryor, Oklahoma:
"Ed's been a friend of ours for 25 years; there are few people closer to Anthrax. So when he says he could spot problems… well, I can't deny it. In fact, things were weird between Dan and us from December. I'd love to say a lot more, and I will as soon as I'm able, but right now, I just cannot go into any further detail."
Talking about the upcoming one-off concert at the U.K.'s Sonisphere festival where the band will be joined by John Bush, the vocalist who spent 13 years with them from 1992 to 2005:
"He was the first guy we called when the whole thing went down with Dan. And all of us are delighted that he can do this gig — it'll be great fun. Obviously, our set will be different to the one we'd worked out with Dan. It'll be more oriented towards the Bush era, although still concentrating on our most popular songs. That's what a festival crowd expects."
On whether Ian, in the back of his mind, is hoping that this show might lead to something more permanent with Bush:
"It's not in the back of my mind — it's right at the front of it. When our reunion tour with Joe Belladonna and Dan Spitz finished in 2007, we [Ian, Benante and bassist Frank Bello] wanted both John and [guitarist] Rob Caggiano to come back. Well, Rob returned but not John. Now, though, we've Sonisphere to look forward to with him."
"I love working with John, and I know I speak for everyone involved with Anthrax — the band and the fans — when I say that the best thing for us would for this to turn into a long-term relationship. But I don't want to jump the gun. Let's see how things go at Sonisphere, and take it from there."
Finally, what is going to happen to the recently completed studio album, "Worship Music," featuring Dan Nelson on vocals?:
"Until we have a new singer, I can't tell you what will happen to the record. We'll probably change a few things on it, including the vocals. However, nothing's been decided. Expect that the release date will go back, possibly to next year."
source: blabbermouth.net
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Anthrax done?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next