Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Anthrax done?

Go down 
+21
metalinmyveins
Svengo
Rex
mc666
powermacho
MetalGuy71
the sentinel
manny
Schbopo
MetalFRO
sheets
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
sam
A Handful of Wayne
akeldama
Fat Freddy
Shiney
thejokeriv
ultmetal
Troublezone
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:57 pm

HAHAHA Well Dan Nelson was horrible anyways and it showed when they opened for Iron Maiden out in L.A. this past tour. Their new album will flop and I'll laugh! Bring back Joey or just quit!
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:57 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
They are a caricature of what they are were. I don't want Bush back in Anthrax I want new Armored Saint.

I'm MetalFRO, and I approve of this message!

lol!

Seriously, though, I kind of agree w/ the overarching sentiment in this entire thread. The new guy didn't sound great when I saw clips on Youtube, and no amount of studio trickery can make a monotone thrash vocalist w/ no attitude or personality sound great. Anthrax has been (since the Belladonna days) a melodic band with a vocalist who can actually sing. Why pull a Voivod & throw someone in there who obviously can't sing the way the fans expect? When all you've got left at this pont is a loyal-enough fanbase who will buy the merch & come to the shows, very few die-hards are going to care about your new record or new singer. When you're Overkill they will - because despite a couple of lesser releases, they've been remarkably consistent. Anthrax had about a 8-year run where they were virtually untouchable, but after TSoWN, they lost the plot. I don't think they ever recovered from that.

As a vocalist myself, I can safely say that being sick as a vocalist is a very hard thing. If you have any kind of flu or cold/allergy symptoms, it becomes quite difficult. Now in Dan's case, since he's not truly singing, he just has to worry about holding those long breaths and getting enough air. If he can't do that, he's no good on stage & was right to cancel the shows, despite his early tenure with the band. Nobody wants to be laughed off stage because they can't hack it, nor does he want a reputation of being a "weak" vocalist, so I think he made the right decision.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:30 pm

So I wonder if they will release the new album the way it is or go back and re-record? I guess I can throw away the autograph I got of Dan then hahah

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:42 pm

To be honest, I kinda hope Anthrax are done. They played an old live clip of "Caught in a Mosh" on Headbanger's Ball the other night and it really put things in perspective. While I'm glad that the new guy isn't trying to be a Belladonna clone, he just can't sing. The band doesn't even sound like Anthrax anymore, and I guarantee you this album will be the "Van Halen III" of the Anthrax catalog. It'll be a flop, fans will hate it, and the band will break up or go an some indefinite hiatus. I guess if they want to play crappy modern metal, that's their choice, but I sure as hell won't buy into it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:58 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
So I wonder if they will release the new album the way it is or go back and re-record? I guess I can throw away the autograph I got of Dan then hahah

Probably depends on what they can afford. They have a scheduled release date to meet.

But putting out an album with a singer who is already gone...is a BAD IDEA.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 6:27 pm

Good grief. Put a fork in Anthrax, they are done. WELL done.

Surprised to see that John Bush is gonna do a fill in show with them in the interim. I would've expected him to tell them to go screw themselves when they called.

I hope he wears an Armored Saint shirt during the gig, and makes sure to mention there's going to be a new AS album soon during all of his from-the-stage patter with the audience. Haha.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:41 pm

So does that mean they are going to release the album even thou the vocalist on the album has already been fired?
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 8:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
and makes sure to mention there's going to be a new AS album soon during all of his from-the-stage patter with the audience. Haha.

for you fans

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=123966

sample of the new album available here

http://www.metalblade.com/mp3/Loose_Cannon.zip
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 8:59 pm

Dan was fired for taking a crap on Frank Bello while he was sleeping! Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 288219

Dan Nelson is out of Anthrax. The reason is quite comical but 100% true. Apparently, Dan was wasted out of his mind last night while all the other members of the band were asleep, dan thought it would be funny to pull a prank on one of the guy's in the band, well he smurfed with the wrong guy, Frankie Bello was crashed out, and if you know frankie at all you know he is a mean mother goose, well dan pulled down his pants and took a smurf poo on his back, Bello woke up, found the smurf poo, and did the same thing to dan while he was passed out. I guess you could call it somewhat of a smurf poo storm, what a shame.

I think everyone is taking the word "SICK" out of the context that Anthrax was meaning when they said he's "SICK", more like this dude is one sick mother goose to do some smurf poo like that to Frankie Bello, along those lines perhaps. Still waiting on more info, when I know, you'll know !

To Dan, dude pranks are meant to be funny, scary, and maybe even a little emotionally damaging in some instances, but never, never, are pranks meant to be unsanitary in nature. Nice try but maybe something putting a ruffee in his beer and beating his ass with a stick while he's passed the Smurf out would have been funnier, of course filming this is essential so you can use it for the home video, imagine right when Frankie Bello wakes up the camera in his face and the first thing he say's is " Smurf, my ass hurts, what the hell happened last night" Dan Nelson" Dude, I didn't know played for both teams"

Then there was this update...

Frankie Bello did take a smurf poo on Dan Nelson out of pure anger not to prank him back, when Dan woke up out of his whiskey coma he had a roll of toilet paper, a envelope with $1000.00 dollars and a note signed from each band member saying, " Dan, your not funny and frankie took a smurf poo on you to prove a point, use the toilet paper to wipe the smurf poo off and the tears away, use the cash to buy a ticket back to new york, your fired, Signed..ANTHRAX.

Rough way to wake up, almost mustaine style but not because in all honesty what the Smurf did he expect, the word funny does not come to mind when I hear about somebody having their back smurf poo on while they're sleeping.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:08 pm

LOL, these guys are a punch of dumb ass's, sh!tting on each as a prank!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:10 pm

manny wrote:

I didn't know if that was a joke or serious
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:11 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

I didn't know if that was a joke or serious

It has to be a joke only 40 something year old homeless men sh!t on themselves!!!!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:19 pm

I've been trying for about 15 minutes to say something about this.

I got nothing.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:04 pm

Is that serious?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:11 pm

No, the truth is.... Dan slept with Meat Loaf's daughter - Scott walked in on them, end of story
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:19 pm

I heard that Dan wouldn't accept Charlie's sexual advances.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:02 pm

🇬🇹
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:06 pm

Former ANTHRAX singer Dan Nelson has released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET via his manager, Michael H. Nelson of MHN Management:

"On the advice of counsel, I have remained silent to the statements issued by ANTHRAX in recent days and now must address these issues to my loyal fans and others. I want to set the record straight.

"I was never seriously ill or sick at all, as reported in ANTHRAX's July 17, 2009 press release. This extremely inflammatory statement hurt me tremendously. This statement misled fans, friends and family members into believing that I was seriously ill when I was not. I was not aware such a statement was being issued and it came as a total shock to me, as I'm sure it did to all of you. It was the other band members' decision to cancel the tour dates, not mine. I was ready, willing and able to do my job.

"After issuing the press release, the other band members decided, on their own accord, that I had 'resigned' from the band. I never resigned from the band.

"Even in view of this action and stance taken by the band, as late as earlier today I made it clear that I was ready willing and able to continue to fulfill my obligations. After that offer was made, the most recent press release was issued which announced my 'confirmed' departure from the band. I was not aware of the contents of this release until after it was issued, nor was I aware that ANTHRAX was canceling the European and SLIPKNOT tours.

"I regret any disappointment and confusion this situation has caused.

"I want to thank my loyal fans, family and friends for all their support and their many messages, emails and calls.

"My counsel has been instructed to take any and all appropriate actions to address this situation."

ANTHRAX's manager, Izvor Zivkovic of Split Media, told BLABBERMOUTH.NET earlier today that the band's new album, "Worship Music", which was previously due in Europe on October 23 via Nuclear Blast Records, will now be "pushed back to a later date." It is not presently clear if Dan Nelson's tracks will be erased from the CD, which was recently mixed at a New Orleans studio by Dave Fortman (a former member of UGLY KID JOE who has also worked with artists such as MUDVAYNE, EVANESCENCE).

I, for one, am very disappointed with this turn of events. Anthrax is one of my favorite bands, no matter who is at the mic. While I wasn't overly thrilled with the live stuff I heard with Dan on YouTube, I was willing to give him a chance. I'm just pissed that it's gonna delay the release of new music from them.

PS That poop story was a joke, right?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:42 pm

what a bunch of idiots. Since their egos are so big,They should do instrumental albums. Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 288219 .
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 12:33 am

i'd be happy if John Bush rerecorded the vox for the new album. i enjoyed the albums he made with them.

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:01 am

mc666 wrote:
i'd be happy if John Bush rerecorded the vox for the new album. i enjoyed the albums he made with them.

Me too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:46 am

Well, John Bush is doing one show with them...you never know...they could all kiss and make up.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:56 am

The latest - Eddie Trunk kisses Scott Ian's a**:

Eddie Trunk (pictured below), co-host of the VH1 Classic television program "That Metal Show" who has a long-running radio show, "Friday Night Rocks", on New York's Q104.3 FM, has posted the following commentary on his official blog:

"Just official, and no surprise, Dan Nelson out of ANTHRAX. This is really not a huge surprise to anyone who followed this story the last week.

"It was pretty clear to me at Rocklahoma that there were some serious chemistry issues off stage with the band and their new singer. I had been hearing and sensing rumblings about this the last few months from various sources. The shame of it is that he was a great singer for the band in the one show I saw, but obviously the band decided it was better to end this now before further conflicts come out.

"For band members in any group, there is on-stage and off-stage connection that needs to be reached and clearly there were issues off stage and in other areas from both ends. It's also pretty obvious to any dummy that he was not sick as the press release stated. If he was legit sick, you don't lose your gig. There were issues, and no doubt much more will come out about this story in coming weeks. It's also pretty obvious that whoever ends up with this gig will no doubt re-cut the vocals on the new album. There is no way I can imagine they would have his voice on a CD now that it is over, which is why the album is delayed now.

"Interesting that John Bush is returning for one gig. Bush is the band's best option at this point. The way I see it, things will be felt out with the one gig and if vibes are good, maybe he returns? John said on my show he would not rule out coming back to ANTHRAX at some point and clearly wants to still perform since he was doing ARMORED SAINT gigs. This is by far the best scenario for ANTHRAX and they need him.

"Obviously, I have a long history and friendship with the guys in ANTHRAX and I wish them well dealing with this crazy situation. As for Dan, he was great in the one show I saw and maybe there is a better opportunity for him down the line.

"Like I said, there will no doubt be all kinds of rumor and speculation about what really went down, but it was not working off stage and singer #4 in ANTHRAX is a very brief footnote now in the band's crazy history. But ANTHRAX has dealt with all kinds of stuff and they will no doubt come back strong."
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:39 am

Wait a minute, just a few days ago Eddie Trunk stated that Dan Nelson was a perfect fit for Anthrax!!!!!!!!

oh well, I do hope John Bush deceides to stay beyond one show.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:06 am

manny wrote:
Wait a minute, just a few days ago Eddie Trunk stated that Dan Nelson was a perfect fit for Anthrax!!!!!!!!

oh well, I do hope John Bush deceides to stay beyond one show.

Eddie Truck will never criticize a band - he'd be out of work!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Anthrax done?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next