Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?

Go down 
+25
A Handful of Wayne
MetalRob331
Troublezone
nevermore
manny
Temple of Blood
fingers
tohostudios
FlyingV
Hamer12
Mglaffas81
Lurideath
mez
the sentinel
powermacho
MetalFRO
muztaine
T-Roy
candlemass
akeldama
7thSecond
Fat Freddy
iamrockerfun
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 3:18 pm

John is used to playing commercial hard rock which is what Ozzy wants to play. If he starts to play power metal, maybe Gus G would be a better pick. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 4:03 pm

manny wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Gus G is a really interesting pick, don't know if his songwriting will work well with Ozzy.

Same thing with John 5. Seems like he makes sense as a pick because he has been a pro and been on a career upward trend in recent years, I could see him ending up in Ozzy's band.

That John has already done time with a variety of artists, k.d. lange, David Lee Roth, Two, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson to name a few.

That's where I'm having trouble with John 5. While I can't say I'm all that familiar with his work, his past efforts cover a wide range of styles. Country, hard rock, industrial, nu-metal. This guy covers all his bases and obviously has some talent. But what about his solo material? Is he just a good mimic or does the guy have his own style? There is something to be said about being a jack of all trades, but a master of none.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 4:36 pm

Sharon just wants someone that costs lesss for the "re-fill the 401k" Ozzy tour
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 4:57 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Gus G is a really interesting pick, don't know if his songwriting will work well with Ozzy.

Same thing with John 5. Seems like he makes sense as a pick because he has been a pro and been on a career upward trend in recent years, I could see him ending up in Ozzy's band.

That John has already done time with a variety of artists, k.d. lange, David Lee Roth, Two, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson to name a few.

That's where I'm having trouble with John 5. While I can't say I'm all that familiar with his work, his past efforts cover a wide range of styles. Country, hard rock, industrial, nu-metal. This guy covers all his bases and obviously has some talent. But what about his solo material? Is he just a good mimic or does the guy have his own style? There is something to be said about being a jack of all trades, but a master of none.

I don't think Sharon or Ozzy cares if John 5 has his own style. Just as long as he plays close to Randy and Zakk and isn't going to take a ton of money of their pockets.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 6:04 pm

I wonder if he still is going to wear that stupid Manson makeup. When i first heard of him he was the guy that played on the DLR record.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 7:04 pm

I have no idea what John 5's solo material sounds like and TZ I am sure he will wear his trademark make up.

John 5's is interesting guitarist and seems adaptable to many different styles so I am sure he will not change the sound of Ozzy's music.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 5:08 am

Well it's official, Gus is the new guitarist. I think he is a good choice and will hopefully bring back some "fire" (pun intended) to Ozzy music. It doesn't hurt that he resembles a young Chuck Schuldiner. Smile

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=125635
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 9:19 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :
"I've got a guy from Greece coming in - not the musical, the country of Greece - but I'm not going to say too much about it, cos I don't know myself at this point.

Gus G.? Cool

Ripper found out he was out of IE this way...I would not put it past Ozzy (Sharon) to not tell him...

Called it. Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? - Page 3 309780
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 10:20 am

Troublezone wrote:
Well it's official, Gus is the new guitarist. I think he is a good choice and will hopefully bring back some "fire" (pun intended) to Ozzy music. It doesn't hurt that he resembles a young Chuck Schuldiner. Smile

[url=http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=125635
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=125635[/quote[/url]]

Yup, here's hoping he brings something new to the table, other than mimicing his predecessors. :goodluck:

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:49 pm

Troublezone wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=125635

Gus G. is an amazing guitar player and well I look for great things from Ozzy now. Gus is also one of my favorite players and its also a bummer if Firewind doesnt continue. This guy just keeps putting out quality music in whatever band he is in.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 10:34 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :
"I've got a guy from Greece coming in - not the musical, the country of Greece - but I'm not going to say too much about it, cos I don't know myself at this point.

Gus G.? Cool

Ripper found out he was out of IE this way...I would not put it past Ozzy (Sharon) to not tell him...

Called it. Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? - Page 3 309780

Yea I knew it as well when Ozzy said that. This will be great now that hes officially in.

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 10:49 pm

I too hope Firewind isn't done. I've liked them better lately then Ozzy.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:13 am

Ozzy is at the very end of his career so i'm not holding my breath for more than a couple albums with Gus but at least this will give him a career boost and bring a lot of good promotion to his future projects.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 5:03 am

I wouldnt be surprised if this is a one time deal. If Ozzy does another album after the one with Gus G, and if things between Ozzy and Zakk stay OK, I could see Zakk coming back.

However lets face it, Ozzy did put the screws to Zakk, so I can only guess the colored remarks are going to soon fly! No more family between Ozzy and Zakk.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 10:18 pm

Gus G. is playing with Ozzy at Blizzcon. Zakk is on your with mike BLS and Mike is on tour with FNM. Perhaps a hint of things to come....?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:16 pm

new info on how they got together:

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/gus-reveals-process-joining-ozzys-band#more-7118

Quote :

I got a message on my MySpace page from Rob 'Blasko', Ozzy's bass player, asking me what was doing, if was living in America or not and saying that he wanted to talk to me. I never thought he'd want me for something like that [playing with Ozzy]. I initially thought that maybe he wanted to talk to me about doing a project or something and then he told me that one of Ozzfest's managers was looking for me. The manager said that they wanted me to fly out to Los Angeles immediately for a show that Ozzy was about to do in Anaheim, California.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:34 pm

According to Gus G, Firewind is fine in fact they are going into the studio this fall for a spring 2010 release. I think Gus will do 1 album with Ozzy and that's it! He knows where his true roots and fans are so he will not disappoint. To those who don't know Gus this will be an opportunity for him to get his playing ability out and to possibly make Firewind bigger!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 1:16 pm

I hope so Wargod. Many here might call that fluff metal but I like Firewind a lot.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:32 pm

I really don't care who plays what for Ozzy now, and neither should Gus! Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? - Page 3 Kopfschuettel

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3