Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Airbourne

Go down 
+20
Vordul
DeathCult
Chairman_Smith
Muloc7253
krokus
MoonChild
White_Mage
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
ThrashedOutCobra33
Fat Freddy
Todd Jaymz
Troublezone
arttieTHE1manparty
Wargod
ghost
MetalGuy71
TheGooch
ultmetal
rattpoison
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Airbourne - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 4:23 pm

Yep. It actually shipped from a seller "down under". That disc regularly goes for around 35-50 bucks.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Airbourne - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 4:25 pm

Last year they reissued pretty much the whole catalogue. But i didn't need to get it. I'd bought all their vinyl through garage sales and used music stores down here.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

Airbourne - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 4:40 pm

Airbourne, great hardrock it reacted pretty well at radio for me. 2 other upcoming Hardrock bands The Screaming Lords/Long Live Me(Brannick Records) and Maeder/Self(Locomotive Records). Also Perris Records has a handful of great Hardrock bands too, and a bunch of the old school crew as well.-TJ
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Airbourne - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 4:41 pm

The S/T I have is definitely not a reissue. My copies of Dark Room, Watch The Red and Night Attack are reissues though. They were part of a box set and each includes at least a half dozen unreleased tracks, some of which are actually good.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Airbourne - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 4:56 pm

No i think the S/T has never been reissued, and it is a bit iffy when compared to those beyond classic releases that followed it.

They seem to be a cult secret band in hard rock circles outside of Australia. Which is odd to comprehend for someone whos used to flicking on the radio and hearing them.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Airbourne - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 5:01 pm

Yeah, the S/T is iffy. The only songs I like off it were ones that later appeared in the US on other albums. My faves are Two Minute Warning, Beyond Salvation and obviously Face To Face.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Airbourne - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 5:09 pm

In case it's not already too late, I'm going to start a thread about The Angels so this one can get back to Airbourne.

And yes, I used the search button and didn't find any threads about The Angels. Laughing

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Airbourne - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 5:13 pm

About time i say. You do know it's just going to be me and you talking about them. I doubt anyone else will join in but then i might be surprised.

Chuck the thread in the hard rock/metal section.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Airbourne - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 3:01 am

Eyesore wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
I'm not sure about Roadrunner re-releasing things they sign distro deals with but they would'nt need to re-release any Airbourne back catalog because their is none, only the debut they are releasing.
Yeah, I don't mind when a label reissues and older album, but Roadrunner are currently in the business of re-releasing new releases, essentially. For instance, Stone Sour's latest came out last August; in July, Roadrunner are re-releasing it with bonus tracks and two DVDs. In general, their re-releases have been really good, but it still sucks when you want to buy an album but know a better version will be re-released at some point.

I still haven't bought the latest Killswitch Engage, Machine Head, or Black Label Society albums for this reason. I think the Killswitch one has already been re-released, though. Machine Head recorded bonus tracks for the new album; they wrote about it on their website, but none have shown up on any version yet. Their cover of "Battery" on the UK version is the same as that on the Kerrang! tribute to Master of Puppets CD. So where did those bonus tracks go? Obviously they'll show up on a re-release in the future. Weak. I'm not sure about the BLS CD now, though, since they're no longer on Roadrunner. Still, it sucks either way.

And then I get pissed when I buy a Roadrunner release without thinking—like the new Dream Theater! Haha. Anyway...rant over. Laughing

Well thats what lala is for!
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Airbourne - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 3:08 am

I just grabbed this CD at Wal Mart for $10 by the way, i'm digging it.

To the people that think they sound generic, i'll just quote Ult's Beyond Fear review;

"I've read some negative comments from fans that Beyond Fear are not "original." This is actually a pet peave of mine. Why they heck does every new band or album have to be completely different from everything else out there? Most of the bands who are credited with being so "original" are doing nothing more than mixing different styles together. The fact is, if someone plays the blues, no one expects them to mix in goth and grunge with it. Why should metal be any different?"
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Airbourne - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 10:39 am

I still haven't bought this, but I just borrowed it from a friend of mine. GREAT rock album. Sounds like Fastway got together with AC/DC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

Airbourne - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 11:23 am

Todd Jaymz wrote:
Airbourne, great hardrock it reacted pretty well at radio for me. 2 other upcoming Hardrock bands The Screaming Lords/Long Live Me(Brannick Records) and Maeder/Self(Locomotive Records). Also Perris Records has a handful of great Hardrock bands too, and a bunch of the old school crew as well.-TJ
I have the Maeder record, and while they have some hard rock in the mix, there's far more modern rock, even some alternative. Decent disc, though.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Airbourne - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 3:18 pm

Just bought this the other day in Prep for the concert tomorrow. It's great!!!! ($10.52 @ Wal Mart!)

For once in my life I can listen to AC/DC without feeling dirty. Seriously, though, they're not clones but it's VERY reminiscent.

🤘 Airbourne - Page 4 505193
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Airbourne - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 5:08 pm

I'm not digging these guys as much as I thought I would. I liked the clips I heard and picked it up at Target one night for under $10 bucks. It's good, but when I listen to it, I feel like I'm listening to a 2nd-rate AC/DC cover band. I'd rather listen to old AC/DC or Rose Tattoo.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Airbourne - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 8:56 pm

These guys really are a live experience to be heard, the album acts as a reminder of how great the gig was. I'm sure the album will sound better after repeated listens or after you've seen them live.

I think they add a new intensity and speed to the boogie hard rock of Rose Tattoo and AC/DC. With a bit of Four Horsemen and Jimmy Barnes thrown in the mix.
Back to top Go down

Airbourne - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 9:54 pm

I don't understand the second-rate AC/DC comments. A lot of people say this. If AC/DC released this album people would claim it was amazing. Many of these people admit this. So if the album would be amazing as an AC/DC album, how is it not amazing as an Airbourne album? I don't get it.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Airbourne - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 1:46 am

So Airbourne have a new video up, not bad. Check out the truck driver you may know him. Wink

Airbourne - Runnin Wild promo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE6qSV-ufb0

That whole concept reminded me of this classic video (and to think i walk up that street every day!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1iR2Wi3u5o

Call Airbourne's video a modern update.
Back to top Go down

Airbourne - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 8:44 am

Heh. Cool video!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Airbourne - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:29 am

Eyesore wrote:
I don't understand the second-rate AC/DC comments. A lot of people say this. If AC/DC released this album people would claim it was amazing. Many of these people admit this. So if the album would be amazing as an AC/DC album, how is it not amazing as an Airbourne album? I don't get it.

I brought this album into work this week. I'll give it some more spins and see if it grabs me by the short & curlies like it apparently has with so many others 'round here.
Back to top Go down

Airbourne - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:30 am

Yep, I can attest MG DID bring this to work with him today. I followed him in.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Airbourne - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:33 am

spectrefate wrote:
Yep, I can attest MG DID bring this to work with him today. I followed him in.

Was that you? Oh, man. Hey, I just wanna say it wasn't a pick. I was scratching the side of my nose.
Back to top Go down

Airbourne - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:34 am

No prob, friend. I kinda admired your form.
Back to top Go down

Airbourne - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 8:13 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I brought this album into work this week. I'll give it some more spins and see if it grabs me by the short & curlies like it apparently has with so many others 'round here.
Not me. I'm shaved.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Airbourne - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 8:18 am

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Not me. I'm shaved.

In your case, it slipped a little further down and yanked your apple sack up & down like a yo-yo.
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

Airbourne - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:07 am

i #%^#@# hate ac/dc and i can't stand these CLONES either!

Airbourne - Page 4 288219
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Airbourne - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airbourne
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next