Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Airbourne

Go down 
+20
Vordul
DeathCult
Chairman_Smith
Muloc7253
krokus
MoonChild
White_Mage
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
ThrashedOutCobra33
Fat Freddy
Todd Jaymz
Troublezone
arttieTHE1manparty
Wargod
ghost
MetalGuy71
TheGooch
ultmetal
rattpoison
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Airbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 2:32 pm

Gee, thanks for getting us copies. Pffft.

Sad
Back to top Go down

Airbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 6:46 pm

I hate to ask this, as I'm no big fan of downloading, but does anyone have this album that's willing to upload it? I figured I'd wait for the Roadrunner release, but that's not until next frickin' year!

I checked Soulseek, but I don't think people use that much anymore. No one has this album. I really want to hear it!
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Airbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 12:41 am

I'd try limewire or somethin similar to that it would be on there and their previous indie Ready To Rock EP would as well, or if your really desperate try ebay you could probably get a brand new one for around $20 US including shipping from OZ. To rub it in i'm going to see them live for the 10th time in a few days, the buzz over in Australia is getting bigger and bigger and their playing bigger venues then when I saw them a few years ago when they were playing to like 50 people.
Back to top Go down

Airbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 1:17 am

Yeah, I tried Limewire once and didn't like it. I only have Soulseek.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

Airbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 1:21 pm

I remember Rhino Bucket, did it have Angus Youngs brother in it?? I might be thinking of someone else-TJ
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Airbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 4:32 pm

I have the Airbourne cd on my soulseek files! You can get the cd from CDinzane!

Wargod48

NP: Vanishing Point - The Fourth Season
Back to top Go down

Airbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 5:29 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
I have the Airbourne cd on my soulseek files! You can get the cd from CDinzane!

Wargod48

NP: Vanishing Point - The Fourth Season
You mean CDinaboutfourmonths? I hate that site. They're expensive and always have things on backorder. And then you hardly ever get the CD you ordered. Twice I've ordered imports with bonus tracks, waited three and four months, and got the regular versions.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Airbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 12:59 am

Todd Jamyz I think the band your thinking about is The Poor an excellent Australian hard rock band that released their only album Who Cares (1994), there was a cousin of the Young's in that band. They are great and are similar to Airbourne or vice versa. They are from the AC/DC school of hard rock with a bit of Kix and gritty sleaze metal thrown in.

Check out these two songs by The Poor their not videos just songs put up on youtube.

More Wine Waiter Please
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrX7NSTDeus

Tell Someone Who Cares
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc9tgJiBpX0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc9tgJiBpX0
Back to top Go down

Airbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 10:41 pm

Man, finally downloaded this last night. Put it to a CDR today and I've been cranking it all day long! This is a seriously badass album! It's very blatant in its AC/DC worship, but it's just too good for me to even care. If AC/DC had released this album, their fanbase would have gone absolutely nuts.

By the way, I used to own that CD by The Poor. I must find it again! Should be an easy one to get through lala. What was the semi-hit they had?
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Airbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 12:36 am

Good stuff Eyesore, the semi hit for the Poor might have been More Wine Waiter Please, incidently that was the last song played over the PA before Airbourne took the stage a couple of nights ago when I went to see them. Crazy show probably 750-1000 people crammed into an inner city pub in Melbourne (A show that was sold out a week in advance). When they play live its like AC/DC on speed, so much energy its like a thrash gig full of crowd surfers mini stage invasions infact you probably couldn't tell the difference between the pit at a Slayer gig or an Airbourne gig, the people just went nuts. Highlight of the night would of been frontman Joel O'Keefe somehow getting through the crowd to the bar where he played a guitar solo on top of it during Girls In Black.
Back to top Go down

Airbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 1:10 am

Nice. Sounds like a good time! There really isn't a bad song on this album, not even close. I'm hoping the Roadrunner release gets a bonus track or two.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Airbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 1:43 am

That means i'm gonna have to buy it again if it has bonus tracks.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Airbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 10:28 am

Just heard an Airbourne track on the radio here... sounds pretty kick ass!! I'd been skipping this thread in the past cuz I'd never heard of the band, now I'm interested! Yea, they do have a serious AC/DC jones going on, but hell, the "real" AC/DC hasn't released a new studio album in what, eight years now? These guys will do till the real thing decides to come back out with new stuff....I'll be picking this CD up when it gets a US release fo'sho! 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Airbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 2:18 pm

Yeah, man! It's a top CD of 2007 for me, though I downloaded it. It's one of a few albums I've never deleted after a download and a few listens. They do have a serious AC/DC sound, but I think they're a little more high energy. But I'm no AC/DC expert, as you know. Either way, it's too good for me to care. The album rules!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Airbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 7:29 pm

I bought the cd and it is an a$$ kicker, and I do have The Poor on cd as well!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

Airbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 8:17 pm

This is random:

Quote :
Australian hard rock legends THE POOR will be hitting the road for the first time in 10 years as the support act for W.A.S.P. in April 2008. Confirmed dates are as follows:

Apr. 08 - Sydney, AUS @ Enmore Theatre
Apr. 10 - Fortitude Valley, AUS @ The Arena
Apr. 13 - Adelaide, AUS @ The Barton Theatre
Apr. 15 - Melbourne, AUS @ Forum Theatre
Cool, for rattpoison! Haha.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Airbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 10:17 pm

You betcha, first Baby Animals now the Poor are reforming now all we need is Kings Of The Sun and it should be right. We joke that Airbourne are the new Poor (instead of AC/DC).
In Airbourne related news their moving to the US, and undergoing one last tour of OZ before they head off.
Back to top Go down

Airbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 1:44 am

http://www.myspace.com/airbourne

The US exclusive track, "Hellfire," has been uploaded. Great tune! Kind of lame that they kept "Let's Ride" off the US version, though. It's not like the album was 69 minutes long or anything.

Of course, now Roadrunner has something to put on the inevitable reissue if this album sells well.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

Airbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 6:14 pm

I saw em on youtube and was quite fond of their "To much to young to fast'' song
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Airbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 6:26 pm

Wow! I'm listening to this for the first time. Pure Ac/DC worship but they do it real well.

I'm in the middle of a 20 year AC/DC over-saturation fog but these songs - although old-school in vibe - sound fresh. May be a "want" soon.....
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Airbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 7:14 pm

Get it Scott!

Airbourne came in as my #5 album of 2007. I can't believe you missed all my pimping of this disc on other boards.

scottmitchell74

Airbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 7:18 pm

Oh, I saw it pimp-daddy, but the mention of AC/DC gave me pause. I had to take a step back and breathe deep. I do this often. If something is massively hyped I "Run away, run away". It's stupid to do sometimes and I miss things like the first 4-5 seasons of both Seinfeld and X-Files but sometimes it saves me from goofy things.

Half way into their runs, by the way, Seinfeld and X-Files became my two favorite series of the 90's and Seinfeld my favorite comedy ever. So, soon enough I'll probably get Airbourne tattooed to my gums or something! That's how it goes with me!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Airbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 7:23 pm

If you like down and dirty rock n roll, the Airbourne disc is for you! It was a breath of fresh air after the pretentious crap Therion, Epica and Nightwish put out in 2007. Straightforward, no BS hard rock.

🤘

Airbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 7:37 pm

Yep. The Airbourne disc is one damn good rock album. Best album AC/DC never recorded.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Airbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 7:41 pm

I've been getting into the dirtier, grittier, straighter ( Very Happy you're all idiots!) side of rock/metal lately. Probably get this at some point.

$$$$$!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Airbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airbourne
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next