Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If you like Airbourne...

Go down 
+10
Fat Freddy
Cliffy
Smindas
rattpoison
Wargod
Eyesore
Metal Misfit
tohostudios
Black Coffee
ZetaReticuli
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

If you like Airbourne... Empty
PostSubject: If you like Airbourne...   If you like Airbourne... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:28 pm

listen to Bonafide. http://www.amazon.com/Somethings-Drippin/dp/B002QLEQEM/ref=pd_sim_dmusic_5
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: If you like Airbourne...   If you like Airbourne... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:34 pm

After listening to AC/DC using the same chords over and over again, I thought I heard it all. Now you got Airbourne, Bullet, Bonafide doing the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Black Coffee
Metal student
Metal student
Black Coffee

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: If you like Airbourne...   If you like Airbourne... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:35 pm

You mean if I like AC/DC? If you like Airbourne... Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Black Coffee
Metal student
Metal student
Black Coffee

PostSubject: Re: If you like Airbourne...   If you like Airbourne... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:35 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:
After listening to AC/DC using the same chords over and over again, I thought I heard it all. Now you got Airbourne, Bullet, Bonafide doing the same thing.

Don't forget Rhinobucket!
Back to top Go down
Black Coffee
Metal student
Metal student
Black Coffee

PostSubject: Re: If you like Airbourne...   If you like Airbourne... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:38 pm

All kidding aside, this is pretty good stuff.

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/bonafiderocks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you like Airbourne...   If you like Airbourne... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:53 pm

I like that sound and this is catchy as hell.
Back to top Go down
Black Coffee
Metal student
Metal student
Black Coffee

PostSubject: Re: If you like Airbourne...   If you like Airbourne... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 1:03 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I like that sound and this is catchy as hell.

If you like Airbourne... 495333
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you like Airbourne...   If you like Airbourne... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 1:15 pm

They should put all those bands together for a tour. And each could cover an AC/DC song.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: If you like Airbourne...   If you like Airbourne... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:29 pm

I was kinda disappointed in this one. As the resident collector of AC/DC clone bands, I was expecting more.

The one I'm trying to get a copy of is called 21st Century Rock & Roll by a band called 77. As much a dead ringer for Bon Scott as the guy in Rhino Bucket.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: If you like Airbourne...   If you like Airbourne... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:52 pm

Aren't The Answer another AC/DC clone? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: If you like Airbourne...   If you like Airbourne... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:26 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Nope. Not at all.

I mean, I guess there's similarities, but nothing like these other bands. They are awesome, though.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: If you like Airbourne...   If you like Airbourne... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:27 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I was kinda disappointed in this one. As the resident collector of AC/DC clone bands, I was expecting more.

The one I'm trying to get a copy of is called 21st Century Rock & Roll by a band called 77. As much a dead ringer for Bon Scott as the guy in Rhino Bucket.

Same here Toho you can get their cd thru the band!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: If you like Airbourne...   If you like Airbourne... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:28 pm

I have both Bonafide cds and "Somethings Dripping" simply rocks and is very catchy lyrically.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: If you like Airbourne...   If you like Airbourne... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:18 am

Metal Misfit wrote:

They usually get slapped with the lazy Led Zeppelin clone tag by people who only have a handful of hard rock bands in their musical vocabulary.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: If you like Airbourne...   If you like Airbourne... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:44 am

Yo, ratt. You know a band called Hell City Glamours (http://www.myspace.com/hellcityglamours)? Quality stuff right there! Just heard them for the first time earlier tonight. You got a lot of outstanding bands over on that rock.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: If you like Airbourne...   If you like Airbourne... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:50 am

Eyesore wrote:
Yo, ratt. You know a band called Hell City Glamours (http://www.myspace.com/hellcityglamours)? Quality stuff right there! Just heard them for the first time earlier tonight. You got a lot of outstanding bands over on that rock.

I've been pimpin' them to Shiney, Toho and the like for a while now..........feel left out Ken If you like Airbourne... Icon_wink. Great live band, seeing them and Airbourne play on the same bill was always fun. You'd be hard pressed to find a sleazy rock n' roll band with as much swagger and soul as them at the moment. They've got great pull aswell, not to often it's an even split between women and men at a pub rock gig. But those lucky bastards seem to miraculously do so, more impressive is their not fluff either.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: If you like Airbourne...   If you like Airbourne... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:14 am

I just finished reviewing a band called Big Ball for a magazine and they're a similar brand of AC/DC clones. I think the ending line was something like "it’s as if someone took what Airbourne had leftover from the AC/DC formula and made a record with the remnants". Yeah, I didn't like it that much.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: If you like Airbourne...   If you like Airbourne... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:02 am

Smindas wrote:
I just finished reviewing a band called Big Ball for a magazine and they're a similar brand of AC/DC clones. I think the ending line was something like "it’s as if someone took what Airbourne had leftover from the AC/DC formula and made a record with the remnants". Yeah, I didn't like it that much.

I was just listening to Big Ball at NEH yesterday. Reminded me of a cross between Brian Johnson AC/DC and early Krokus. It was OK but a little too samey for me.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: If you like Airbourne...   If you like Airbourne... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 11:24 am

Smindas wrote:
Full CD? Wanna trade?
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: If you like Airbourne...   If you like Airbourne... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:01 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I've got the 77 album you're referencing. You can tell that English isn't the singer's native language which makes the material suffer a bit.

I own and love both Bonafide releases.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: If you like Airbourne...   If you like Airbourne... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 2:43 pm

If you like Airbourne you might also like Australia's BugGIRL, I started a thread about'em here a while back...

http://www.heartofmetal.net/let-the-music-do-the-talking-f8/buggirl-blood-sweat-and-beers-t12459.htm?highlight=beers

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: If you like Airbourne...   If you like Airbourne... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 6:06 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Smindas wrote:
Full CD? Wanna trade?
Just a CD-R unfortunately, otherwise I'd send it your way. I seem to get an even mix of copies and 'full packages', it's just a shame half the time the good ones are only promos. Haha, Sod's law.

And yeah, toho: "OK but samey" sums it up perfectly.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: If you like Airbourne...   If you like Airbourne... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:02 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
If you like Airbourne you might also like Australia's BugGIRL, I started a thread about'em here a while back...

[url=http://www.heartofmetal.net/let-the-music-do-the-talking-f8/buggirl-blood-sweat-and-beers-t12459.htm?highlight=beers
http://www.heartofmetal.net/let-the-music-do-the-talking-f8/buggirl-blood-sweat-and-beers-t12459.htm?highlight=beers[/quote[/url]]

Man, I was all set to order this but I went to their website and I am not paying $24 ($15 shipping?!?!?!?) for an EP.

I love the music but the price sucks.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: If you like Airbourne...   If you like Airbourne... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:54 pm

Another band to throw into this thread would be SNEW....

http://www.myspace.com/snewmusic

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: If you like Airbourne...   If you like Airbourne... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:59 pm

Shiney wrote:
Another band to throw into this thread would be SNEW....

http://www.myspace.com/snewmusic
Heh. Reminds me of the joke, "Thought it was a booger, but it's not."

Thought it was old, but it's new.

Okay, never mind. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you like Airbourne...   If you like Airbourne... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you like Airbourne...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next