Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Airbourne

Go down 
+20
Vordul
DeathCult
Chairman_Smith
Muloc7253
krokus
MoonChild
White_Mage
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
ThrashedOutCobra33
Fat Freddy
Todd Jaymz
Troublezone
arttieTHE1manparty
Wargod
ghost
MetalGuy71
TheGooch
ultmetal
rattpoison
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Airbourne - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 2:40 am

So I downloaded this band's debut last night (doubtful I'll ever find a real copy) and gave it a few listens today. I gotta say, after hearing this album I gained a bit more respect for the band. The debut really sounds like AC/DC. More than Runnin' Wild, if you can believe that.

It seems like on Runnin' Wild the band tried to push themselves beyond something other than a second rate AC/DC act. Yeah, that sound is still there now, but I think now they sound like their own band channeling their idols. I think that makes a huge difference. Inspiration versus emulation.

Anyway, send me this CD, rattpoison! =)
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Airbourne - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 5:35 am

I doubt it, i never owned the indie "Ready To Rock" 8 song EP that was released some 4 years ago.

It was only available at their shows, and i only started seeing them live around 2005.

Although one track on there "Stand And Deliver" used to be a fan favourite and live staple for the band, and i was a little disappointed it didn't make the debut.

But i get what your saying about them outgrowing the AC/DC emulation. I wish more people could hear it. This sound (OZ boogie pub hard rock) courses through their veins, they should be seen as another in the traditional long line of bands from AC/DC, Rose Tattoo, The Angels.....Kings Of The Sun, Screaming Jets, The Poor and Airbourne.

Rather than AC/DC clones by reviewers short on knowledge who aren't aware of this indigenous sound.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Airbourne - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 8:40 am

Eyesore wrote:
So I downloaded this band's debut last night (doubtful I'll ever find a real copy)

Wait about a year, I'm sure whenever Roadrunner releases the inevitable DELUXE EDITION of "Runnin' Wild" they'll include the entire READY TO ROCK EP as bonus tracks. Laughing

I got a download of the R.T.R. tunes a couple of weeks ago as well... good stuff. The vocals are a little rougher than on RUNNIN WILD, at first I wasn't sure if it was the same guy!

Original copies of that EP have been going for insane prices on the Australian eBay... I saw one went for AU $410 a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure what that translates to in American dollars but either way it's too rich for my blood. So I'm happy with the MP3s. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu May 01, 2008 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Airbourne - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 8:44 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I saw one went for AU $410 a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure what that translates to in American dollars but either way it's too rich for my blood.

For sake of arguement:

Airbourne - Page 5 Image2-15
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Airbourne - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 8:44 am

Spectre to the rescue.

Either way, too damn expensive for a CD!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Airbourne - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 8:46 am

I was surprised that the American dollar is stronger than the Aussie dollar. Yeah, America.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Airbourne - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 8:50 am

spectrefate wrote:
I was surprised that the American dollar is stronger than the Aussie dollar. Yeah, America.

The way things are goin', it might not be for much longer.

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Airbourne - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 8:54 am

I've been enjoying the Airbourne cd enough that I have to limit my spins so I don't get burnt out on it. It's definitely great stuff.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Airbourne - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:00 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I've been enjoying the Airbourne cd enough that I have to limit my spins so I don't get burnt out on it. It's definitely great stuff.

I brought this into work again and it's just not blowing up my skirt like I thought it would. I wanted to like this band, but it's just not clicking with me. Not bad by any stretch, but I'm not loving it. Apples & oranges here, but if we're talking about new, young bands, I'm digging Black Tide way more. That's one I keep spinning.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Airbourne - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 6:53 pm

MetalGuy if you get the chance see em live and the album will all make sense.

Their touring again.

Dates are here
http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news08/0426air.shtml

As for the AUS dollar about a year ago or two ago it used to be worth US 75-80 cents. But now 93 cents. That's crazy.
Back to top Go down

Airbourne - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
So I downloaded this band's debut last night (doubtful I'll ever find a real copy)
Wait about a year, I'm sure whenever Roadrunner releases the inevitable DELUXE EDITION of "Runnin' Wild" they'll include the entire READY TO ROCK EP as bonus tracks. Laughing
That would be great, but it would be too good for Roadrunner. I envision a version with "Let's Ride" and a crappy DVD. Haha.

Roadrunner has been slacking on their reissues, though. I still haven't bought Black Label Society's Shot To Hell or Machine Head's The Blackening because I've been waiting for the damn reissues! Haha.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Airbourne - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 7:50 pm

the special edition of the blackening was released simulataneoulsly with the standard edition on 26th march 2007
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Airbourne - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 8:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

I brought this into work again and it's just not blowing up my skirt like I thought it would. I wanted to like this band, but it's just not clicking with me. Not bad by any stretch, but I'm not loving it. Apples & oranges here, but if we're talking about new, young bands, I'm digging Black Tide way more. That's one I keep spinning.

Airbourne was just some good time rock n' roll, good stuff

and black tide rocks, catchy but not crappy, a refreashing mix from a young modern sounding band
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Airbourne - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 8:45 pm

if black tide had decent vocals they would be cool cos by god they can paly their instruments
Back to top Go down

Airbourne - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 9:22 pm

TheGooch wrote:
the special edition of the blackening was released simulataneoulsly with the standard edition on 26th march 2007
No. Machine Head announced before the release of the album that they were recording bonus tracks. Those tracks never showed up on any version. The cover of "Battery," which is the only bonus track that has shown up on the album, was already recorded and released on the Kerrang! compilation at that point.

So they recorded other bonus material that's never been released. I'm waiting for that reissue. But Roadrunner seems to have mellowed out on the reissues lately.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Airbourne - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 9:24 pm

Eyesore wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
No. Machine Head announced before the release of the album that they were recording bonus tracks. Those tracks never showed up on any version. The cover of "Battery," which is the only bonus track that has shown up on the album, was already recorded and released on the Kerrang! compilation at that point.

So they recorded other bonus material that's never been released. I'm waiting for that reissue. But Roadrunner seems to have mellowed out on the reissues lately.

ok point taken
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Airbourne - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 9:40 am

I just ordered this off amazon (needed to spend 10 extra bucks to get free shipping on something). Can't wait to hear the album.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Airbourne - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 11:53 am

I really like this CD, I would love to hear their EP
Back to top Go down

Airbourne - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 2:37 pm

skullsmasher wrote:
I really like this CD, I would love to hear their EP
I downloaded it. The EP is good, but not as good. It sounds even more like AC/DC, although the singer has a more gruff style on that one. Believe it or not, it seemed like they tried to move away from the AC/DC style on the full-length. Haha.
Back to top Go down

Airbourne - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 3:06 pm

As with any young band, I wonder what the next album will be like. The pressure to suceed must be tough.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Airbourne - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 9:24 pm

Saw this in Wal-Mart tonight and it looked interesting. I may pick this one up after reading this thread.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Airbourne - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 10:25 pm

I think you won't be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Airbourne - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 12:40 pm

I downloaded it. The EP is good, but not as good. It sounds even more like AC/DC, although the singer has a more gruff style on that one. Believe it or not, it seemed like they tried to move away from the AC/DC style on the full-length. Haha.[/quote]

Cool, where did you find it to download?
Back to top Go down

Airbourne - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 12:42 pm

Since it is OOP, I can post this:

http://rapidshare.com/files/94041351/Airbourne_-_Ready_To_Rock__EP___2004_.rar
Back to top Go down

Airbourne - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 2:23 pm

Yeah, I got it from Soulseek guilt-free. I have no issues downloading out of print stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Airbourne - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne   Airbourne - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airbourne
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next